Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 12:35 PM
Default Rachel Franklin finally in the right job
Instead of ruining The Sims 4 by disallowing any emotion or animation that might make a sim look upset or "victimised" she now turns her attention to the feelings of real people. Much better use of her time.

She says:

A VR experience where your avatar is confined to its seat. Hmm ok...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
One Minute Ninja'd
#2 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 4:43 PM
So, according to that intimacy is considered one of the good things in VR (depending on the definition of intimacy) but only intimacy with someone no closer than 3 feet from you. Tough to give a hug without 3 foot arms, which might break immersion for some.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Oct 2018 at 7:09 PM
Yeah, the down side of being 5'2" is not being able to reach anything. (And I have legs shorter than children's tennis racquets. I've measured.)

The up side of being a short Southern lady is that there's always someone at the store who's willing to get that carton of milk, etc. down for you.
Theorist
#4 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 12:41 PM
Quote:
if you go into an app and somebody has physically gotten in your face and abused you, you're gonna throw your headset across the room and never pick it up

I don't think this woman should be working on any sort of software development team, I think she needs a therapist to deal with her obvious coping issues.

Because I don't know what kind of magical snowflake world this woman grew up in, but that is not normal, healthy human behaviour. Even I can see that and I have fucking autism.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Oct 2018 at 3:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SusannaG
Yeah, the down side of being 5'2" is not being able to reach anything. (And I have legs shorter than children's tennis racquets. I've measured.)

The up side of being a short Southern lady is that there's always someone at the store who's willing to get that carton of milk, etc. down for you.

This is so me! I wanted to make it to 5'2" and just made to 5'1.75". Just had to have someone get something for me off a top shelf the other night. Good excuse to walk up to tall fellows! I have climbed up a few times in the past though!

And we get shorter as we age so it is now getting harder and harder to reach things on top of my fridge.

As for Rachel, IMO it was good riddance when she left EA.