Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Nov 2018 at 2:37 AM
Default Sims are inside and burning/freezing to death?
This is after the get famous patch, and I did update my mods before starting up.

Basically I have everyone inside in their everyday clothing, and they'll randomly start either burning or freezing to death.
Outside its freezing temperature and a blizzard, and I have the thermostat inside set to warm.
I have no idea what is happening.

You are reading this sentence.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 1:57 AM
ya, thats sucks
Scholar
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 2:58 AM
Can you use the UI mod to remove those freezing/overheating moodlets until you get teh issue sorted? I can't tell you what it could be... sometimes my sims are cold/hot inside too... most of the time it passes and they seem to get over it.
dodgy builder
#4 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 9:51 AM
What kind of a house do they live in? If they live in a simple square box with traditional roofibg, on flat ground, I can't help you. If they live in a more complicated house, you could try moving.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 1:44 PM
I've moved out the family, bulldozed the home, and replaced it. I haven't tested it yet as it was late last night, but if that doesn't work I'll use the UI Cheats as a temporary solution. Thanks

You are reading this sentence.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 2:41 PM
I'd assume that if you have the Seasons EP, a properly built roof is required for the building. Maybe there's a small patch of house that doesn't have a proper roof, so those sims freeze, while the sims in the heated areas with a proper roof get too warm.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2018 at 2:51 PM
Since the new split level foundations and the "move roof" trick for split level stairs I am waiting to hear of such misfortunes cos I feel sure that a roof that wasn't originally built on those walls isn't gonna be seen as enclosing them by the game engine...

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)