Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 1:24 AM
Default WCIF a mod that allows more than one person going upstairs?
Only one sim is allowed to walk up stairs at a time which can be very annoying if you have a larger household and all the bedrooms are upstairs. I know why they did this but I also know that other mods have altered things similar to this. Currently, a sim can walk downstairs and another one can walk upstairs at the same time but unfortunately cannot have them going the same way. I don't know if there is a mod like this out there so thought I would ask. Thank you.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 10:58 AM
It works if you use a modular stair. Never seen a mod for the regular stairs though.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 15th Dec 2018 at 11:17 AM
The fixed stairs are one mesh which is why only one sim can use it at a time while the modular stairs, each step is a mesh so many sims can be using them. The modular stairs are those that make themselves different lengths to fit the area. So they can be short or long. No mod needed. If the stairs won't place for you just turn on Move objects on. if there is a window you will need to remove that first as well.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 12:56 PM
With fake stairs and an invisible recolour of modular stairs, 2 Sims can somehow go upstairs/downstairs at the same time :

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=7538
Scholar
#5 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jth1998
I know why they did this

Fixed stairs have an entry and exit slot at the bottom and at the top, when a sim goes up or down the stairs they route to the relevant entry slot and are snapped into the exit slot. The rest of what we see is one big animation. No other sim can use that side of the stairs until the animation completes and both slots on that side are empty. Modular stairs have slots on every step, every step is a separate animation so sims only occupy two steps at a time.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#6 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 7:59 AM
@Chris Hatch - is it possible to make it so instead of the sim stamping their foot there is a wait loop added?

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Scholar
#7 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 2:14 PM
Yes, they already do but I doubt it works. When sims use stairs they use the portal function, for straight stairs that's op-code 0x2002 from the straight stairs globals (group 0x7F0C60C8) if the stairs are busy it calls op-code 0x2005 (Portal - Wait) where they will wait until the stairs are either no longer set as 'in use' or until the time runs out. However sims don't set or clear the 'in use' flag when they use the portal so they won't wait at all. They should be checking the 'Stack Object's [semi] attribute 0x0004' instead of 'in use' while waiting.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 8:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by leefish
@Chris Hatch - is it possible to make it so instead of the sim stamping their foot there is a wait loop added?

It wouldn't bother me so much if this is how it worked instead of having to wait until the one sim is upstairs before I click on the next sim to go upstairs.