Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 10:05 AM
Default How Do I Make Glossy, Transparent, Glowing Textures In Gimp 2.0?
I'm wanting to make a crystal accessory for The Sims 4, I already have an idea for the shape of it but I have no idea how to make it glossy, transparent, or glowy. Is there a tutorial anywhere for doing these thing for Gimp preferably for Gimp 2.0?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 1:32 PM
Those are separate qualities - use the SimGlass mesh shader for transparency, the specular texture for shine, and the emission map texture for glow. There are tutorials for each but they mostly use Photoshop. It's not hard to translate from working with a texture in Photoshop to doing the same things in GIMP, most of the difficulty is in working with the alpha layer.

I still want to do a tutorial on the emission map, maybe I can expand it to include specular and transparency.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 8:27 PM
Thank you, I can't wait to see them!