Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 6:34 AM
Mesh won't stay in place (Help/Advice, please!)
I made a mesh of some pins, using a necklace as a guide, and when I look at it in CASTools or S4S it looks right, but when I try to put it on in-game it for some reason appears floating to the right of the sim I'm trying to put it on. It also moves around with the sim, like how a necklace would, just off to the right. I've tried messing around with the mesh regions, lods, everything I can think of. Anyone have this problem or have any ideas on how to fix it?
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 7:47 AM
It could be bone assignments, or possibly the uv1. Please upload the package so I can take a look.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
It could be bone assignments, or possibly the uv1. Please upload the package so I can take a look.

Here you go! Thanks for responding so quickly
Attached files:
File Type: zip  pins package.zip (7.28 MB, 3 downloads) - View custom content
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#4 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 7:18 PM
Hi again! The meshes are assigned to the left ring finger and spine so they're moving with the finger. You can fix them in CAS Tools like this:

Open the package in the Clone Package Editor tab
In the Clone Package Editor, go to the Mesh Fixing Tools tab
In the first group of buttons, click Auto-Assign Bone Weights
Then in the line of buttons under that, click Remove Unused Bones
Click Commit Changes
Save as a new package
Test in game.

Hope that helps!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 4:53 AM
Worked like a charm! Thank you so much!