Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 5:54 PM
Default Changing Clothing Gender
Hi!

I haven't been here in ages...

I was one of the moderators at Simmergirl years ago, and I was one of the owners/moderators of Transgender Sims after that.

I finally picked up a copy of Sims 4 the other day, and I'm wondering if there's a way to changing the "gender" of clothing between sexes. I was told that it's as simple as unchecking Masculine and Feminine, but that certainly doesn't seem to work with custom content. There used to be a tool where you could do that in Sims 3: you could change the "gender" of clothing, assign items to a category, etc. Is there something similar for Sims 4?
Advertisement
Smeg Head
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 11:02 PM
The Sims 4 Studios app has a batch fix option for that very thing. "Update Cas CC for all Genders." sounds like the tool you're looking for. I've used it myself to do a helpful "opening" and get some of the more "set as feminine" CC to be available for the masculine frame, and vice versa.

Can take a while to Batch Fix, depending on your accumulated CC file weight.

Just Google "Sims 4 Studios" or "S4S" and you'll be well on the way.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
The Sims 4 Studios app has a batch fix option for that very thing. "Update Cas CC for all Genders." sounds like the tool you're looking for. I've used it myself to do a helpful "opening" and get some of the more "set as feminine" CC to be available for the masculine frame, and vice versa.

Can take a while to Batch Fix, depending on your accumulated CC file weight.

Just Google "Sims 4 Studios" or "S4S" and you'll be well on the way.

Thanks SO much! Unfortunately, I have the same crash-upon-opening problem with it that I see several others have as well, but at least I'm on my way!

Thanks again!