Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#126 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 1:38 AM
Also, I'd be grateful if people could post whether or not this reliably works now in the vanilla game (so this mod would be obsolete). Because if it does, I could finally close and retire this thread -- finished uploads (obsolete or not) really don't belong in Feedback after all.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
Deceased
#127 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 1:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
My impression is distinctly not that they're able to implement anything in under say three or four weeks. So I guess you simply described the reasonable way to do it, and someone over there had also thought "why not just do something reasonable once in a while?"

I'd had exactly the same thought, so it's not just your impression, hehe.

Edit: Also the date of the fixed code in the zip file is 11-19, so that was before I'd posted. So they had the idea before I did, lol.
Test Subject
#128 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 5:37 AM
Is this Mod still needed? I still have it in but wasn't sure if it is needed now. Thanks.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#129 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 12:51 PM
See two posts above: can you please test? That would be helpful.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#130 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 9:24 PM
I haven't tested but on the Sims forum it appears disappearing Sims is still much an issue.
Post link: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...ee-gone-missing

So for now I am leaving Mod in.
Mad Poster
#131 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 12:49 AM
Default Please don't delete this mod!
As per the Staff Note, I wanted to mention there's a new post dated today in the Sims4 forum regarding Disappearing Townies, so it looks like this may NOT have been fixed for everyone in the mentioned patch. PLEASE don't take this mod down!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote: Originally posted by MasterDinadan
Staff Note Update 2014-11-25: As of version 1.2.24.20 this should be obsolete, see patch notes: http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-updates/. Please post feedback on whether or not this is working properly now (without this mod), so we can remove the obsolete file and close this thread. The creator has not logged in here for a almost a month so we cannot expect them to take care of it themselves. Thank you!

Hi folks,
After researching the widely reported issues of playable Sims vanishing from the neighborhood, I have found a Story Progression action which seems to be the culprit.

The action, which does not appear to be critical to game stability, arbitrarily removes Sims from the neighborhood on Thurs morning in-game, if they have distant relatives or large families, regardless of whether the sim is marked playable. This is a huge problem for rotational play or large Legacy style challenges.

Before uploading the mod to the community at large, I would appreciate anyone who can install and play with it for a few in-game weeks. If you have found during the time that your sims are still being deleted, or if you encounter any new issues or instability, please let me know.

To install the mod, place the package file in your Mods folder.
You also need an empty folder "unpackedmod" in your Mods folder.
Finally, you must have the following line added to the end of your resource.cfg:
DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate

Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#132 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 2:20 PM
The fix EA implemented was to stop pruning dead sims that still retain a relationship with a living sim. So, as far as I understand the patch notes, dead sims can still get pruned without this mod if the sims do not have any relationship to living sims.

Because I do not want my dead sims to be removed just because they have no relationship to any living sims, I am keeping this fix in.
Test Subject
#133 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 3:11 PM
I do not have this mod installed. My game is vanilla and patched. I found this mod via search because I had living "homeless" sims disappear which DID have a relationship to my sim. Some sims even had aspirations involving them, and the aspiration picture became a llama.
Test Subject
#134 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 9:48 PM
Can anyone confirm if this mod works with latest patch 12/16/2014? Thanks.
Test Subject
#135 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 9:26 PM
Just want to report that I believe there are issues with this mod as of the latest patch 12/16/2014. It prevents Teens "travelling with" others to residential neighbour lots. I was also unable to bring teens to the residential lot the adult was visiting. Removing the mod returned normal teen visiting.

I was hoping it might prevent my Legacy graves/ghosts being purged.
Test Subject
#136 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 1:53 AM
I have not had any problems since the 12/16 patch, but I have not had my teens travel, either. Will check it out tomorrow and report back.
Test Subject
#137 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 11:42 AM
Okay, I tested teen travel and found no issues. Teens were able to travel to and from residential and commercial lots, with or without adult companions, and I was able to summon teens to both types of lots where adults and/or other teens were visiting.

This and Shimrod's CAS Modifiers Bugfix are the only two I have in my game. I cannot determine that there are any changes in gameplay since the 12/16 patch other than what the patch was supposed to do.

Shimrod has verified that the CAS Modifiers Bugfix is compatible with the new patch. I can't say whether No-Genealogicide patch is helping keep my dead relatives intact or if it's because I've been working hard to keep my population under 180, but so far, so good: no lost ghosts. I'm playing legacy, so all family members (and ghosts) are currently located on the home lot.
Test Subject
#138 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 12:47 AM
Downloaded mod and it was recognized by the game, however my homeless SIMS are still disappearing.
Test Subject
#139 Old 2nd Jan 2015 at 12:27 PM
There are problems with the mod as it clashes with some of the non and default mods, for example some of the skin mods do not appear or make the sim have colour black skin.
Test Subject
#140 Old 9th Jan 2015 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MasterDinadan
Staff Note Update 2014-11-25: As of version 1.2.24.20 this should be obsolete, see patch notes: http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-sims-4-updates/. Please post feedback on whether or not this is working properly now (without this mod), so we can remove the obsolete file and close this thread. The creator has not logged in here for a almost a month so we cannot expect them to take care of it themselves. Thank you!

Hi folks,
After researching the widely reported issues of playable Sims vanishing from the neighborhood, I have found a Story Progression action which seems to be the culprit.

The action, which does not appear to be critical to game stability, arbitrarily removes Sims from the neighborhood on Thurs morning in-game, if they have distant relatives or large families, regardless of whether the sim is marked playable. This is a huge problem for rotational play or large Legacy style challenges.

Before uploading the mod to the community at large, I would appreciate anyone who can install and play with it for a few in-game weeks. If you have found during the time that your sims are still being deleted, or if you encounter any new issues or instability, please let me know.

To install the mod, place the package file in your Mods folder.
You also need an empty folder "unpackedmod" in your Mods folder.
Finally, you must have the following line added to the end of your resource.cfg:
DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate

Thanks!

How do I know if the mod is working because I installed it but it doesn't show up in the mods list at the beginning of the game? And does anything go into the empty "unpackedmod" folder?
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#141 Old 13th Jan 2015 at 10:51 AM
I think this mod can be replaced with this now.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=545615

@plasticbox you can close this thread now.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Locked thread | Locked by: Buzzler Reason: Obsolete and unsupported now.
Page 6 of 6