Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
3 people viewing

adamsavagefan, craftyplumbob

There are also 0 guests viewing too.

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 6271 (Who?), Viewed: 278013 times.
Page 251 of 251
Lab Assistant
#6251 Old 18th Nov 2017 at 1:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alan650
Not from what I've seen. Anyway I am in agreement that EA should have added panels for things like family tree and relationships. That is a glaring omission.

yes! I don't care that they aren't controllable but I can't even see how long until they age up?? or who they have a good relationship with?? family tree? Stupid.
#6252 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:16 AM
Here's a words of wisdom who still consider buying the expansion pack, whilst still knowing how dissatisfied they'll take it:

(Note, this quote is taken from the official TS4 Forums!)
Inventor
#6253 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 12:28 AM
There is no way I am reading all of that. Each of us has to decide what we want to purchase and what we do not want to purchase. Bottom line is it is everyone's choice no matter whether others agree or not, no matter what the decision is.
#6254 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:07 AM
Indeed. Just giving motivation those who really don't wanna buy, but can't restrain yourself. You gotta somehow hold it in and have more self-respect, ya know?
Test Subject
#6255 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
Here's a words of wisdom who still consider buying the expansion pack, whilst still knowing how dissatisfied they'll take it:

(Note, this quote is taken from the official TS4 Forums!)

Basically what I've been thinking about this before.
I've come to a point where I feel more satisfied not buying the packs and just play with well made mods, because the content is just not enough to justify a purchase, especially when there's so many other games that give me so much more.
Looking at their other franchises and how they handle it, I doubt EA will ever start to put actual effort in their games anymore as long as they get money from it. And people will keep buying it, too, for whatever reason.
All I really hope now is that in the future there will still be some game franchises left that don't disappoint me with half assed products and cash grabbing mechanics.
#6256 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 1:43 PM
I just wanna forget about this game completely. I'm really better off writing out ideas for what a true (imo) a sims game should be that encompass all the favorite elements of the franchise and 'making it' work with everyone as possible. Farewell all. You can always on pm If you wanna ask me anything
#6257 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 2:48 PM
And there a few people in here, which I'm not gonna name, all are talk and "Imma shit on EA bad practises" yet they still purchase their sims dlc products. Like, boii, crying but still contributing isn't gonna help, lol Either use your mind or money, you can't just do both at the same time. You can't just complain about being scammed, than later be fooled on the similar scam again. Rinse and repeat.
Lab Assistant
#6258 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 9:16 PM
^that reminds me of back in early 2016 when we got the ten second teaser trailer for Kids Room stuff and Dine Out. Some of the BIGGEST EA ass-kissers (I won't name names, though) made like 20 minute rant videos on how EA was letting them down, blah blah blah, but then once the packs came out, those same people acted like nothing happened and went on to buying those packs they were unhappy about and continued to fanboy and fangirl over how perfect everything was.
Scholar
#6259 Old Yesterday at 12:38 AM
Well, I'm still buying EA products - but it's Sims 3 EPs. Never noway nohow with Sims 4.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6260 Old Today at 12:08 AM
Waiting for TS4 to get loot boxes.

ďUnlock RARE items [already on disk]!Ē

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Lab Assistant
#6261 Old Today at 12:42 AM
I haven't purchased a damn thing for TS4 since Backyard stuff.... and I highly regret even purchasing that much. I just couldn't do it. How the Fuck do you justify a new Sims game with less dynamics and play-ability than the first game over 15 years ago???

And @SneakyWingPhoenix, Thank you for that post from the forums...I actually did read the entire thing... and there are some very good points throughout. I'm actually surprised that came from the EA forums and wasn't deleted. I voted with my wallet and Said Enough!! It's complete Bullshit and gutless what EA/Maxis is doing with TS4. If I wanted to play a cartoon "rainbow bright" dolly game I would go to Toys R Us and get one.

And Hypocrites!! Everyone of those developers are Hypocrites!! They don't want to make a game that is "Triggering" or offends anyone... but yet Adult sims can call child sims and ask them out on a date??? And the perv dad getting romantic with the daughter... Seriously... What the Fuck is that???!!!! I never played the game long enough to experience that shit... but I've seen plenty of Threads about it.

I know I always say this....but.... I really wish TS4 would die along side SimCity 2013. someone else would have picked up the series by now and created a new Sims game... Just like Paradox did with City Skylines.

FML I need drink
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6262 Old Today at 12:49 AM
Itís jistifed by people trying to justifying it.

I full understand dev costs increasing by game prices not, so they have to offer less for the same prices, but usually devs opts to go with a less but more approach. It works with game packs very well. EPS are something else...

Lab Assistant
#6263 Old Today at 12:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54
Itís jistifed by people trying to justifying it.

I know... but it's just mind numbing the ways these people will justify it. It's like they are trying to find a rational explanation for spending the money on...oh say... 2 new chairs.... It's just stupid.
#6264 Old Today at 6:55 AM
Some of the oddities (can't find the word that doesn't underestimate) that are in the game make me question If gurus themselves like playing with that stuff. Like children going or getting invites to visit a club
Test Subject
#6265 Old Today at 7:09 AM
Quote:
Some of the oddities (can't find the word that doesn't underestimate) that are in the game make me question If gurus themselves like playing with that stuff. Like children going or getting invites to visit a club

The game considers night clubs an appropriate venue for children. Read it on twitter and the forums.
Inventor
#6266 Old Today at 7:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldbear
The game considers night clubs an appropriate venue for children. Read it on twitter and the forums.

It makes sense in Sims logic as Sims just have nectar and juice. They are not adult bars/clubs like in RL.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6267 Old Today at 12:36 PM
There still isnít a way to filter who is allowed on a lot, or what kind of Sims spawn, which is super important.

#6268 Old Today at 1:26 PM
Quote:

And that's why I brough the issue I have with that. Yes it is appriopate in a game. but from a cultural standpoint - no. Just like If toddlers could woohoo and nannies could kidnapp them. If it is a bug, it's beyond why guru's haven't fix/remedy that unless they really like playing the game or find it funny that strangers ask "yo little boy/girl". Let's go hit the dance floor #TotallyNotOverage #NotPedophileBTW. Still an oddity.
Instructor
#6269 Old Today at 3:43 PM
just use the mod that stops children from showing up in nightclubs and bars i think it still works with c&d

Mirror floors, sexy mirror silhouettes, adult DVD, legend of zelda items and more ALL FREE AT: XTRA SIMS!
#6270 Old Today at 4:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylee
It makes sense in Sims logic as Sims just have nectar and juice. They are not adult bars/clubs like in RL.

If devs intented for those terms to just be irl assosiation equivalent implication, than why children can't still drink these 'juice/nectar'? Since by judging from that criteria, what ever adults are having that only they can consume is just an exact or similar intoxication to alchohol as in irl. We all know that in the sims universe 'juice' ain't no juice and that's not gonna fool anyone, or at least the exact word that doesn't imply the meaning we have in real life dictonaries. If I said "woohoo" isn't sexual intercourse, than obviously you would argue or at least question my observative conclusion consider kids for some reason are coded to run away and that "wresting game" for whatever reason is private. Just because it's an euphemism to make it look its another thing for ESRB's rating protection, that doesn't make it a different thing.

And yeah sure, it doesn't really intoxicate sims through vanilla means, but we still can tell it's alchol as only adults and older can consume those drinks.
Mad Poster
#6271 Old Today at 5:30 PM
Quote:

Yeah, I recently discovered that too. Sim children piss me right off so I nearly burnt the entire place to the ground. I suppose the easiest way to not have children show up to nightclubs is to not have children in your world.

As for "juice", that just doesn't even begin to make any sense. There was real alcohol in The Sims Medieval (along with several types of murder) so why can't it be like that in TS3? Thankfully, the solution is simple.

Overlord of Plumbit, the subreddit for the serious Simmer.
We're constructive, creative and drama-freeô.

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Test Subject
#6272 Old Today at 10:44 PM
Quote:
If devs intented for those terms to just be irl assosiation equivalent implication, than why children can't still drink these 'juice/nectar'? Since by judging from that criteria, what ever adults are having that only they can consume is just an exact or similar intoxication to alchohol as in irl. We all know that in the sims universe 'juice' ain't no juice and that's not gonna fool anyone, or at least the exact word that doesn't imply the meaning we have in real life dictonaries. If I said "woohoo" isn't sexual intercourse, than obviously you would argue or at least question my observative conclusion consider kids for some reason are coded to run away and that "wresting game" for whatever reason is private. Just because it's an euphemism to make it look its another thing for ESRB's rating protection, that doesn't make it a different thing.

And yeah sure, it doesn't really intoxicate sims through vanilla means, but we still can tell it's alchol as only adults and older can consume those drinks.

I know what you mean. I think itís silly. Itís obvious a sims motolipan is a cosmopolitan. Teens can drink as well.

I loved that sims could get drunk in the sims 1 and in medieval. Hell even sims 3 sims get juiced and their traits can change temporarily.
Page 251 of 251