Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in
Replies: 53 (Who?), Viewed: 13252 times.
Page 3 of 3
Test Subject
#51 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 12:40 AM
My most favourite EA Store worlds are definitely Riverview and Lunar Lakes. Up until I've got Supernatural, I've spent most of my Sims 3 gameplay time in those two worlds. I also liked Aurora Skies, but it was quite bugged. I will try the fixed version linked above and see if I'll get into it again. Right now, I am also getting to like Roaring Heights, as it has quite a unique theme.
On the other hand, Midnight Hollow is the only EA Store world I never bought. I really don't like how dark it is in both appearance and themes. It's just not my cup of tea.
Theorist
#52 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 1:44 AM Last edited by jje1000 : 2nd Sep 2018 at 3:51 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annette19
That picture looks lovely jje1000
A quick question.........you use a decrapified version of Aurora Skies. Can I use this with an original version or do I need to decrap mine?

I've done testing with two people for both versions- either should work fine. Just remember to backup the original .world file!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peno
On the other hand, Midnight Hollow is the only EA Store world I never bought. I really don't like how dark it is in both appearance and themes. It's just not my cup of tea.

Midnight Hollow was just try-hard edgy emo dark.

I really wished they took on a New England theme for that world- which could have filled in a gap in the world repertoire for the Sims 3, and have also offered the same opportunity for an "dark" theme. Imagine a Sim version of Salem- would have been perfect for witches and lovecraftians alike!

Appalachia would have also worked as well, maybe with some mountain cryptids.

Actually, come to think of it, I might tackle that world next and do a total recolour of the world.
Test Subject
#53 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 3:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1000
I've done testing with two people for both versions- either should work fine. Just remember to backup the original .world file!

Midnight Hollow was just try-hard edgy emo dark.

I really wished they took on a New England theme for that world- which could have filled in a gap in the world repertoire for the Sims 3, and have also offered the same opportunity for an "dark" theme. Imagine a Sim version of Salem- would have been perfect for witches and lovecraftians alike!

Appalachia would have also worked as well, maybe with some mountain cryptids.

Actually, come to think of it, I might tackle that world next and do a total recolour of the world.

Just replying to try to encourage you to tackle a New England type world or total recolor of Midnight Hollow. That would be awesome!
Field Researcher
#54 Old 2nd Sep 2018 at 4:50 AM
I don't mind whether Midnight Hollow's trying to be emo or not - although I always thought it was more Steampunk than emo. Perhaps there's no difference? I wouldn't know. I like the fact that Midnight Hollow's a compact world and that I can actually tell the sims apart from one another. Plus it's fun to have my active household go crazy with the alchemy station and turn eligible Midnight Hollowians into Supernaturals.
Page 3 of 3