Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 10th Sep 2023 at 6:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
S3OC should only take a few seconds, give or take depending on your computer hardware.
Sometimes objects with bad references can get stuck though. I at least know there is CC that S3OC will get stuck cloning and just hang until it's force closed. I don't know if any EA items do that, but that's potentially what is happening.

i was trying to clone the pet cat tombstone, maybe theres something wrong with doing that? its kind of a special object. it could very well also be my computer, its good enough to run the game shockingly well but it has trouble with other things, like large files in adobe animate
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 10th Sep 2023 at 7:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aspenrose
i was trying to clone the pet cat tombstone, maybe theres something wrong with doing that?

The resource 'tombstoneCat' clones fine on my end in just a few seconds (there should also be a little loading bar in the bottom left of the program that lets you know what it's doing). Is that the one you were using, or is there maybe another debug one?
I can upload it on Google Drive if you want the file in the meantime while you troubleshoot, if you'd like.
Test Subject
#28 Old 11th Sep 2023 at 6:32 AM
The resource 'tombstoneCat' clones fine on my end in just a few seconds (there should also be a little loading bar in the bottom left of the program that lets you know what it's doing). Is that the one you were using, or is there maybe another debug one?
I can upload it on Google Drive if you want the file in the meantime while you troubleshoot, if you'd like.

yes, it is tombstoneCat. i tried duplicating a regional marking just now and it also didnt work, so i figured my file was corrupted or something, but i made a new copy and its still not working.
yes i would like you to upload it, thanks!
Instructor
#29 Old 11th Sep 2023 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aspenrose
yes, it is tombstoneCat. i tried duplicating a regional marking just now and it also didnt work, so i figured my file was corrupted or something, but i made a new copy and its still not working.
yes i would like you to upload it, thanks!

Here you go

Something that caught my eye is that the version of S3OC linked in this tutorial is outdated, as the last version at Simlogical was 2013 and the version on SourceForge is from 2017. Just in case you downloaded it while following the tutorial, that may be why it's not playing well with certain file types.
Test Subject
#30 Old 11th Sep 2023 at 9:27 AM
Here you go

Something that caught my eye is that the version of S3OC linked in this tutorial is outdated, as the last version at Simlogical was 2013 and the version on SourceForge is from 2017. Just in case you downloaded it while following the tutorial, that may be why it's not playing well with certain file types.

thanks for the file!

no, i downloaded the newest version, and it worked just fine to clone regional pet patterns about a month ago. im not sure why it isnt working now
Page 2 of 2