Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 7:30 PM
Default Screenshots
I was hoping I could get some constructive advice regarding my screenshots?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2017 at 3:06 PM Last edited by Flowy_fan : 3rd Jan 2017 at 7:11 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Doctor Who_1987
I was hoping I could get some constructive advice regarding my screenshots?

Hi!

I would take photos in a room... you could use that room as a studio and you would have a plain or a self made background.
For example: look at the background.. it looks like a real bedroom, but it's just props

But of course you can take photos outside as well, the only thing you should always watch out for is: the viewer should never be distracted by the background. You want people to download your sim, so that's why he/she has to be in the focus.
For example: she is sitting on a bench, on a community lot, and behind her there is the ocean- it looks good, but it's not so distracting

Or the third version: the plain wall- you can use whatever color you like, or some patterned wallpaper, but with pattern you should watch out, because it can be distracting again
For example: I had the studio and then i made a narrow room behind it with a plain lilac wallpaper, thrown a pretty arch in between and there you have it! A plain wallpaper background with a little twist

About lighting:
you just have to play with lights. In a room it's easy especially if you have Kewai's photo studio set you can find it here: . In this set you will find a few lights that will help you create a real looking lighting effect, and of course you can choose the brightness and the color of the light, so you don't even have to use Photo Shop actions.

For example: on the left side I had a lamp with a bright yellow light and on the right I had a little bit dimmed down blue.

I placed a grayish blue little bit dimmed light and the other side there was a bright red light

The last thing is: Posing your sims
I like the way you posed your sims, they are sitting in a chair, and that's a good pose for a start
You don't have to use custom poses at all, the game has plenty of good poses and occasions, where and when you can snap a picture of them.
For example:

Doing yoga:

Playing game on the bed:

During exercise:

Dancing:

Hope this helps... but you don't have to take my advice.. you do you darling Take pictures the way you want to

Flowy
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 7:43 AM
Thank you so much. I'm still in the middle of getting these guys approved though.
Test Subject
#4 Old 3rd Jan 2017 at 10:58 AM
You're welcome and good luck
Hope I will see them soon