Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fewer Hobby Wants

by SnorkackSearcher Posted 23rd Mar 2017 at 1:10 AM - Updated 31st Mar 2017 at 5:57 PM by SnorkackSearcher : Fixed file names

42 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 23 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Mad Poster
#26 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SnorkackSearcher
Ah, great! Just to check- is the path C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Store Edition\TSData\Res\Wants ? I'll add it into the instructions.

Not exactly, C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Store Edition\TSData\Res\Wants
Thank you!

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#27 Old 26th Mar 2017 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SnorkackSearcher
It's actually below- I've pasted an example of a single want in the spoiler. If you haven't had a look at it in an XML viewer yet, that might help (http://www.wikihow.com/View-XML-Files).

Thank you, I really appreciate it I've been away for the weekend, but sometime this week my want trees is going to get a serious makeover

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 12:25 AM
@simsfreq and @Voeille - your requested flavours have been added to the main page
Scholar
#29 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 12:42 AM
Thank you so much

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#30 Old 28th Mar 2017 at 11:11 AM
Thank you! That's very kind.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 29th Mar 2017 at 5:32 AM
Registered an account just to say THANK YOU ever so much for making this mod. The hobby spam was so boring that I found myself actively strategizing how to keep my sims' enthusiasm down, which was just absurd (and fairly futile since they rush over to their blog the moment your back's turned, undoing all your hard work). This is a huge quality-of-life improvement.
Scholar
#32 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 5:47 AM
@SnorkackSearcher
It doesn’t seem to work for me, the blog about hobby want still appears. I put it into the Wants folder for M&G, and then additionally into all EP folders, but it didn’t do anything. Tomorrow I’ll try to put it into the SP folders too. The old WantTrees is still in the folders, but I renamed it to oldWantTrees and changed the extension from package to packag, so the game shouldn’t be able to read it, but I’ll also try moving it somewhere else. I don’t have more ideas than those though.

Simblr
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 6:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
@SnorkackSearcher
It doesn’t seem to work for me, the blog about hobby want still appears. I put it into the Wants folder for M&G, and then additionally into all EP folders, but it didn’t do anything. Tomorrow I’ll try to put it into the SP folders too. The old WantTrees is still in the folders, but I renamed it to oldWantTrees and changed the extension from package to packag, so the game shouldn’t be able to read it, but I’ll also try moving it somewhere else. I don’t have more ideas than those though.

I've found the issue- I'd swapped the file names for the flavours! It should be fixed now if you re-download. @simsfreq I'm afraid you'll have the wrong flavour too, so please re-download.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#34 Old 31st Mar 2017 at 6:36 PM
Thanks!
Scholar
#35 Old 1st Apr 2017 at 6:22 PM
Thanks, I’ll redownload

Simblr
Test Subject
#36 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 9:15 PM
When I downloaded the personality favor for M&G and replaced the wants tree file, My sims will still get the "Talk about and blog about hobby wants and several ones"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#37 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimFanboi
When I downloaded the personality favor for M&G and replaced the wants tree file, My sims will still get the "Talk about and blog about hobby wants and several ones"

Hi! Can I confirm the address of the folder you've replaced the file in? It should be either:

C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Store Edition\TSData\Res\Wants (if you have the store edition it should be here even if you have M&G)
C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Mansion and Garden Stuff\TSData\Res\Wants (if you have M&G on disk but not the store edition)
or C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Wants (if you have the Ultimate Collection)

I've attached a screenshot of my folder (I'm using the Ultimate Collection).
Screenshots
Test Subject
#38 Old 23rd Nov 2018 at 3:10 PM
Thanks with all of my heart... :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 8:50 PM
Is this compatible with Pescado's wfsanity? (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,8273.0.html) I'd like to have his and one of yours in my game, still haven't decided on the flavour, the personality one looks interesting, but I fear it might be too restrictive, the nature one might be enough. (I reinstalled TS2 after years and I still remember SO.MANY.FREAKING.NATURE.WANTS) His mod doesn't alter core game files, though...? So it should work?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#40 Old 12th Feb 2019 at 9:02 PM
Wonderful and huge improvement for the game ! Don't know how I missed that ! I think I'll try to make my own but it seems quite difficult to do ...
Anyway, thanks !!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 24th Mar 2019 at 10:38 PM Last edited by Talamaine : 25th Mar 2019 at 12:13 AM. Reason: further information
I was just thinking how i hate all the hobby wants. But like the hobbies themselves. Thanks! Your work is very much appreciated!

Edit: I just loaded Sims 2 and tried it out. Oh man, Thank you so much! This is a life and sanity saver. Night and day difference! I am actually getting normal wants now. Thank you again!
Test Subject
#42 Old 17th Aug 2021 at 3:00 PM
Hi, I really like your mod! Although, I think I've noticed a problem. Whenever I have it installed, it seems to suppress some university related wants; specifically the Declare Major want and fear.
Test Subject
#43 Old 3rd Feb 2023 at 7:04 AM
Which should I get?
Hello! Question. Which one should I get? I have all expansions and packs minus Glamour Life Stuff. I don't know if I need the apartment life one or not. I just need to know do I need to download "M&G - No Talk or Blog about Hobby Wants & Personality Restrictions.rar" or "AL Only - No Talk or Blog about Hobby Wants & Personality Restrictions.rar."
Thanks!
Page 2 of 2