Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 12:15 PM
Default Moving Goth and Spector Graves?
i read this post http://modthesims.info/t/465123 and i just want to make sure i have the correct, and most up to date information.

i want to move families with graves/urns into different homes, i.e. goth, caliente, dreamer, spector etc. but i WANT them to keep the graves. so if i put them in a sims inventory, can i unload & place them without corruption?

thanks in advance for your help.

anti-social :-D
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 12:24 PM
So long as nobody dies with graves in inventory, yes it's safe.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 12:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
So long as nobody dies with graves in inventory, yes it's safe.

thank you :-D

Instructor
#4 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 1:27 PM
I did the same thing and it resulted in a copy of the grave-so make sure to practice caution. I had a sim move with a grave in her inventory, and another one showed up at the lot. It would probably just disappear on its own, anyways, but I deleted the grave.
Scholar
#5 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 1:42 PM
Just in case of something going wrong, it’s always good to have Pescado’s nounlinkondelete.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Not to judge or anything, but WHY on earth would you want to keep them? I understand they may be cool, but holy cow they're annoying. Back before I had the UC I would delete the stairs on the Specter lot so the ghosts would stay outside and would re-add them after they go back to their graves at 6 AM. Most players would want to get rid of them. haha.

storytelling, but even if i wasnt planning on doing that i feel like those graves/ghosts are a part of those sims. it feels weird removing them altogether.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:06 PM
Delete a challenge which is also a major characterization point? Just because it's a little annoying? Well, to each their own - but I think you overestimate the number of people who want to get rid of those. No, the annoying thing is the way graves keep vanishing on me.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#8 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:11 PM
I prefer having a community lot graveyard than keeping graves on a residential lot. If I want to see/interact with a dead sim, I know where to go.
I am weird like that.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:22 PM
I agree with Rosebine. First thing I do in a new neighboorhood (or now in my Uberhood which I just started playing) is making a cemetery. If I ever decide to want to use ghosts or resurrect some Sim, they will be right around the corner while not bothering me during playing.
But to each player their own :D
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 5:46 PM
In addition to overestimating the number of people who want to get rid of those graves, I believe you grossly misheard my tone. Of course it's not a crime - but you're the one who spun your question as "That's a crazy stupid thing to want, why would you want that?"

Ah, that's not what you said? Step back and think about how this exchange worked, then, and chill your indignation. Nobody's weird for wanting what they want the way they want it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 6:01 PM
Ouch! Since when *why on earth would you want to keep them* is the same as...That's a crazy stupid thing to want?
For phoque's sake....lol
I'll know better than to NOT give my opinion, or ask a question anymore, just in case..really?

Scholar
#12 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 8:14 PM
I do like the graves in Olive’s garden The ghosts can be annoying, but it doesn’t make me want to get rid of them, I like them turning up at night. I wonder if there’s a mod that allows more than 3 of them to appear, I never liked that limit.
I suppose I like pre-made houses with graves, because I don’t let my sims die, so the only opportunity to see ghosts is to play pre-mades who have graves. An exception from this was when one of the cow mascots (I had two) died because of a weird glitch.

Simblr
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 21st Mar 2017 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by frogz2007
Not to judge or anything, but WHY on earth would you want to keep them? I understand they may be cool, but holy cow they're annoying. Back before I had the UC I would delete the stairs on the Specter lot so the ghosts would stay outside and would re-add them after they go back to their graves at 6 AM. Most players would want to get rid of them. haha.

Plenty of people want to keep them, plenty of people want rid of them. It's not that odd either way.

Some reasons for keeping:
1) playing a legacy or some other challenge that says you keep them. (I have done that)
2) Wanting to play a haunted house (I have done that as well)
3)Being curious because you haven't done so before.(yep that too)
4) Wanting them for your story
5)I am sure there are other reasons that I haven't thought of.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 1:02 AM
I SO would like a haunted house..but every time i decide I need one, I forget how to do it. lol
It must not be that complicated!

Mad Poster
#15 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 10:25 PM
I moved most of the graves at Spector's house; some of them look like service Sims (murdered?). NOW I am curious; anyone know why LYLA GRUNT is there? I did keep the Spector ancestors - just (with a mod) made them to only scare knowledge Sims. In regular houses, I wait till the deceased start haunting, then send them to a community graveyard, were Knowledge sims can camp out and get to see a ghost.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#16 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 11:00 PM
I always assumed Lyla Grunt was in Olive's garden because Olive murdered her.
Scholar
#17 Old 22nd Mar 2017 at 11:18 PM
Yeah it’s heavily implied she murdered those sims, especially looking at pics like these (from SimsWikia):

However, one of the theories says that she did that not because she didn’t like those sims, but because she wanted to see Grim Reaper.

Simblr
Meet Me In My Next Life
#18 Old 23rd Mar 2017 at 11:42 PM
I have NO graves at any of my Sims home lot I created a graveyard and place all the dearly beloved dead Sims to rest in peace there in the graveyard.
The ghost will appear again at the graveyard according to NL Prima Guide if you wait until the Sims ghost come out first on the home lot before moving them else where.
I find that to be true when I send a family member who is relative to the dead Sims they will come out at the graveyard.

Click on Picture for a better view.
Screenshots

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#19 Old 24th Mar 2017 at 2:26 PM
Sorry, i am confuse now, what is it, you found to be true?
is it what the Prima guide advises, about waiting until they come out before moving the graves, or is it relatives have more chances to see them appear?

Meet Me In My Next Life
#20 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 2:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Sorry, i am confuse now, what is it, you found to be true?
is it what the Prima guide advises, about waiting until they come out before moving the graves, or is it relatives have more chances to see them appear?

@Rosebine no problem yes the NL Prima said that if you want the dead Sims to haunt elsewhere when you move them to like a community lot.Then wait until they first come out of the tombstone on their home lot before you move the dead Sims someplace else. After Nightfall the dead Sims ghost may be seen wandering around and about at the community lot, ( sometime ) or if a family member visit their dead relative.

For example I waited a good while before all of Old Goth ( Pleasantview ) dead family members made an appearance before, I move them all in my graveyard, and yes after being move there their ghost can be seen there wondering around. That what I found to be true for me in my game, In my picture of my graveyard that is all of Goth dead family members in that section of the lot there is plenty of empty space to be use for others Sims. That lot is a 3x 2

NOTE : In the Past there have been a few members who said they "Did Not" wait for the Sims ghost to make an appearance on their home lot, and their ghost still came out elsewhere when move to their new resting place. NL made it possible to move tombstones to a different place, as long as you do it correctly. It also gave you tip about what to do about angry ghosts and why they are angry. Hope I was a bit clearer

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#21 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 2:50 AM
Yes, thank you. I always waited to see them first, before moving them. But since i was then..mostly killing Townies i did not like, I had no relative to send to my Graveyard..so I never saw if relatives visiting changes anything.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 9:29 AM
For those like frogz2007 and myself who don't want their Sims scared to death by ghosts, Squinge has a No More Hauntings mod at insimenator.org. I don't know for certain if it works with later EPs, but it certainly works well in my OFB-level game. I'm sure it's a better solution than having to take the stairs away every night! In a belt-and-braces approach, I also move all graves to a community lot cemetery. Since no Sim of mine has ever died, the only graves in my cemeteries are those of the ancestors of the pre-mades.

Early in my game I let my original Sim Andrew go to Gothier Green Lawns because he wanted to see a ghost, but soon afterwards this thread blew up here about a Sim who died under similar circumstances, and I put Squinge's mod in to make to make quite sure that nothing like that ever happened to any of my beloved Sims. To be honest I didn't enjoy the nocturnal trip to Gothier Green Lawns a bit -- it literally spooked me out. I felt uneasy the whole time we were there. There were crowds of ghoulish Sims milling around this cemetery in the middle of the night, watching television and playing cards. Andrew and I thought they were probably all there, like him, in the hope of seeing a ghost. Andrew had gone there with schoolfriend Chris Cho (who has an interest in the paranormal) because he thought Julian wouldn't want to go somewhere so scary. But Julian was there -- and with a girl too -- none other than the incredibly hard-to-please Kendra McCarthy. Julian generally gets on with everyone he meets -- except teenage girls -- he just can't relate to them. (For those who don't know Chris Cho, she's Veronaville's answer to Meadow Thayer -- the best-looking girl in town -- and she knows it!) Anyway, to return to our subject, Andrew got his wish -- he saw the ghost of Kiernan Tricou. His energy and hygiene motives went red, and he had to get a taxi straight home. And he somehow managed to fall out with Chris too. As I said, I didn't enjoy the experience, whatever he may say now, it didn't look as if Andrew had enjoyed it either! So I was heartily glad to put in Squinge's mod and not have my Sims bothered by ghosts any more.

To be honest I don't believe in ghosts, and am a bit disappointed that intelligent Knowledge Sims like Andrew do. For his part Andrew says it's all very well for me not to believe in ghosts, but I've never been scared half out of my wits by one. He does have a point!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 25th Mar 2017 at 3:57 PM
have you ever saw your great-grand-dad sitting on your couch, playing harmonica when you got back from school one day? lol
It surely didn't scare me, but I must admit, I believe in them ahah!