Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

MTS Movie Night #4 - posted on 19th Feb 2018 at 4:46 PM
Replies: 157 (Who?), Viewed: 14463 times.
Page 7 of 7
Forum Resident
#151 Old 14th Jan 2018 at 9:56 PM
I cheat. A lot. I also abandon saves really quickly!

ya mum
Field Researcher
#152 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 5:52 AM
Teleporting everywhere. I love some of the roadless worlds out there and they're gorgeous, but ugh, the amount of time it takes to get anywhere drives me bonkers.
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 3:22 PM
Customizing EVERYTHING. Every. Little. Thing.

omnis mundi creatura
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#154 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 4:00 PM
Is that a bad habit though? I couldn't blame myself for it, TS3 is a game that INVITES customization.

Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88 - it's the hottest new show on YT this season!
Already renewed for '89!

(Oh, and follow me on my Tumblr.)
Field Researcher
#155 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 4:10 PM
@GrijzePilion Over customization can be a bad habit because, for me, it's never just making something a different color or pattern, it's making 3 or more recolors and recoloring patterns so they look different and saving things as new presets... then before I know it, I've spent 2 hours in the stylist chair when all I'd wanted to do was give someone a summer outfit.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#156 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 4:20 PM
I do that too to a certain degree. What really helps for me is that the game somehow refuses to save presets. So I can't carry over presets or patterns between saves et cetera. I can save a dozen things and as soon as I go back to Live Mode, they're gone.

Already renewed for '89!

Lab Assistant
#157 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 6:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrijzePilion
Is that a bad habit though? I couldn't blame myself for it, TS3 is a game that INVITES customization.

To echo what tunafishfish said, it can go bad. It's just a huge time sink. My town has own buildings and addresses, along with freshly created sims. If a premade moves in or a sim ages up, they get a makeover, sometimes more than once. Service sims are taken into CAS. Houses get remodelled and repurposed. Etc., you get the gist... it's to the point where actually progressing the sims' lives takes a backseat. That is why for me, it's probably the worst habit :D

omnis mundi creatura
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#158 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 6:54 PM
I can't remember the last time progressing Sim lives was a priority for me. Very long ago, if ever. That's not what I personally play The Sims for. I play The Sims to create things. I've never played for longer than a single afternoon without using money cheats. And the last time I played more than a whole Sim day from sunrise to sundown in one sitting....2016? 2015?
So it's really just a matter of perspective. To you that's a bad thing, to me it's how it's supposed to be. I don't play video games for the challenge. Not most of them, anyway. I don't like not cheating, it's boring.

Already renewed for '89!

Page 7 of 7