Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 7:43 PM
No sims' game progression after leaving ancestral home?
Maybe this has been previously discussed but I can't find anything in search. My legacy couple had 8 children, the oldest son married, lives in the ancestral home, has had kids etc. My thing is, I don't want the 7 siblings living in the same house so I move them out -- some already have romantic relationships, most don't. During the game progression, NPCs are getting married and having tons of kids, but those kids that came from my ancestral home, don't find jobs unless I gave them one before kicking them out, don't get married or have kids. They die old, poor and alone unless I go in and play each one of them as a family. This gets a bit tiresome. Why don't the original kids kicked out of the ancestral home progress in the game unless played as a separate family? Is this a game glitch?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Apr 2017 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neuroticnelly
Maybe this has been previously discussed but I can't find anything in search. My legacy couple had 8 children, the oldest son married, lives in the ancestral home, has had kids etc. My thing is, I don't want the 7 siblings living in the same house so I move them out -- some already have romantic relationships, most don't. During the game progression, NPCs are getting married and having tons of kids, but those kids that came from my ancestral home, don't find jobs unless I gave them one before kicking them out, don't get married or have kids. They die old, poor and alone unless I go in and play each one of them as a family. This gets a bit tiresome. Why don't the original kids kicked out of the ancestral home progress in the game unless played as a separate family? Is this a game glitch?

There's no story progression in Sims 4 without MC Command Center, or ancestral homes, so you should really be asking Deaderpool about your problem over on the Discord channel for MC Command Center support. The link for that is on the Tumblr for the mod.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 5:17 PM
thank you but I do have the most recent update of MCCC but it has no effect on sims who were in the ancestral home and then are moved out. I see the NPCs story progression but previously played sims are not progressing. I've looked in MCCC settings and story progression is turned on. Am I doing something wrong?
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Apr 2017 at 9:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by neuroticnelly
thank you but I do have the most recent update of MCCC but it has no effect on sims who were in the ancestral home and then are moved out. I see the NPCs story progression but previously played sims are not progressing. I've looked in MCCC settings and story progression is turned on. Am I doing something wrong?

I don't use the Pregnancy module, so I'm afraid I can't help you further. The only official support for MC Command Center is through Deaderpool's Discord channel, unfortunately.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Apr 2017 at 3:43 PM
Thank you!