Home | Download | Discussion | Help | Site Map | New Posts | Sign in

Latest Site News

2018 MTS Calendar Contest - posted on 12th Nov 2017 at 8:48 PM
Replies: 129 (Who?), Viewed: 5287 times.
Page 6 of 6
Field Researcher
#126 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 7:01 PM
So I finally tested CAP and it's surprisingly underwhelming tbh

I feel like all the functions were available in TS3, so it's nothing revolutionary. Still not bad though and I do like the premade breeds. But creating my own pets (especially the fur pattern) is kind of complicated imo. I found the whole stamp/drawing tools a bit weird and not really intuitive. There are also no helpful tips for it at all (like the stencil tool confused me a lot). TS3 had tips for basically everything. You could easily look it all up in-game.
There are stamps, but most of them are stars or other things that I personally would never use on my pets because I like to keep it kind of realistic. Or if I want to create an alien pet then I still wouldn't use the stamps because I don't want leaves or crabs or bunnies on my pet. Personal preference I guess and maybe the majority of players likes it, who knows.

And the brushes are just random spots and lines that I could just do by hand (except the cheetah spots and tiger stripes), so it feels like random fillers to make it look there's a lot to choose from.

The really underwhelming part is the stencils and clothes though. The stencils are just a handful of tiger/cheetah patterns and some random spots. And the pet clothes are really just around five pullovers, three derpy outfits and three weird hats. They sold that as the biggest thing ever, but it's so empty. I really thought there would be more silly costumes available. I don't even want them, but I'm still shocked how empty that section is.

I know I'm biased because I'm not a big fan of TS4, but I still thought CAP would be a huge thing. Unfortunately it seems just as empty as the rest of the game to me
Field Researcher
#127 Old 19th Nov 2017 at 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergirl79
^You have to take your pet outside to pee and encourage them to do so before they get the idea that potty must be done outside.

Yes, I have done that several times. I leash him, go outside, encourage him but he won't learn. He won't pee inside the house and he also won't go pee outside unless my sim tells him to do so. Weird.

Also is there anything I can do with the fear of tv ?

Another thing that bothers me, when I leash the dog, the collar disappears which is super weird. Actually the dog spins and literally undresses the collar. How on earth can you leash a dog without a collar ? LOL

Sul Sul! Hooba Noobie?
Field Researcher
#128 Old Yesterday at 4:14 AM
I absolutely love the new neighbourhood,and the pets are very fun,cute and realistic. I also like the CAP and all the different breeds,-so far so good. What bothers me is all the strays and ghosts. It´s heartbreaking to see and hear them all the time and its to much of it. And the fact that "my" pets gets dirty a lot for no reason and needs a bath every day makes me annoyed, especially when I trained both owner and dog to full. They also get sick very often imho. The red-nose syndrom mostly. All in all I feel that the overdid the vet-clinic thing, it becomes demanding and repetitive after a while. I did place some cats with single sims in San Mushyno, it works well. They seem to stay calmer, cleaner and healthier outside of Brindleton Bay for some reason. I suppose we can remove the clinic all together and play pets more like in the sims 2,or so I hope. My overall first impression was complete infatuation with the shores and the light in the new world, so I would probably buy the pack just for that reason.

"The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory. "
Scholar
Original Poster
#129 Old Yesterday at 6:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by veronica55
Yes, I have done that several times. I leash him, go outside, encourage him but he won't learn. He won't pee inside the house and he also won't go pee outside unless my sim tells him to do so. Weird.

Also is there anything I can do with the fear of tv ?

Another thing that bothers me, when I leash the dog, the collar disappears which is super weird. Actually the dog spins and literally undresses the collar. How on earth can you leash a dog without a collar ? LOL

Have you tried changing his leash through Create a Pet?

Emino's Mobile Adventure http://riezforester.tumblr.com

Emino's Sims Simblr http://eminosims.tumblr.com/
*Now with The Sims 4!*
Mad Poster
#130 Old Yesterday at 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by veronica55
I think there is one more step after showing the where to go. When they are sitting by the door, use the option to "encourage them to relieve themselves" and they should go outside at that point.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Page 6 of 6