Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 4:58 PM
Default Noodlesoother?
This aspiration reward is useless in my game. How do you incorperate this item into your gameplay? If it's there by the maxis, I guess it definitely give some kind of benefit after buffing the mood bar for the user that puts on their head. I just don't what to do it with or use it for. :P
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 5:34 PM
You don't need to use it. I don't use it for anything, and I never found much use for it back when I did use the rewards.

Here's a guide: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Noodlesoother
Does sound a bit useless, to be honest.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 5:42 PM
And to think that someone spent time meshing that...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 6:16 PM
Maybe they created just out there for nothing. Like to add up to the quirky humour to the game. For having something cute perhaps.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 6:32 PM
Maybe it's part of a "completer" set - they had something for skills, social, etc., and needed something for mood.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 7:37 PM
It was probably useful in the base game when we didn't have 1000 other ways to boost mood :P

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 7:49 PM
But what can we do with it when it boosts the mood?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 7:52 PM
Well, when their mood is low they often refuse to do certain things like studying or homework, or will reject advances by other sims. Perhaps you could use it to sweeten them up for such things.

Theorist
#10 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 10:48 PM
Never used it, even in the vanilla basegame. However I suppose it's still not as comletely useless as the Intelligence career reward. That thing really does nothing.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st May 2017 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Well, when their mood is low they often refuse to do certain things like studying or homework, or will reject advances by other sims. Perhaps you could use it to sweeten them up for such things.

If nees are low, they still won't do those things.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st May 2017 at 6:08 PM
The only memory I have of the Noodleshooter is from back in 2004, when the game just came out. I sent my sim to go to sleep wearing it on and then he woke up and died "misteriously". Probably was from hunger, because of the motive decay effect (and also I wasn't very attentive to the Sims needs back then, to be honest), but during a few years I believed that the game has a death related to the Noodleshooter malfuction.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd May 2017 at 12:50 PM
My first and last experience was also of a life-limiting nature. One of my first sims wore it, one of the Capps, I think. He wore it for awhile and then he died. A startled glance at my prima guide told me that was a side effect of wearing the cap too long. It has remained unused since then.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#14 Old 2nd May 2017 at 3:40 PM
Would it help if they went and ate a meal while wearing it? I might have used it once and sort of remember it helped keep their mood up while at work to get a promotion, maybe? I'm pretty sure it was suggested to remove it as soon as the sim got home. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 2nd May 2017 at 4:03 PM
In summary, so this object is worthless? Cuz the drawback outweighs its advantage. Even for these sims that are on gold/platinum.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 2nd May 2017 at 9:25 PM
My first sim's first husband wore this item. He was having a rough day, and yes , the day got rougher as the hat killed him.

Never used it again. Heh.
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd May 2017 at 10:03 PM
I believe it was best used when sending a sim off to work. The Sims2 DVD edition has an interview of the creators and while its loading a screen said Hint : Wear the Noodle Soother to work to get promoted faster.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#18 Old 2nd May 2017 at 10:40 PM
I've used it to get sims to finish their term papers in time for the final exam (and still be in a good enough mood to not tank the final), and to stop pregnant sims from undergoing general collapse. It's very useful if you force your sims to survive in harsh conditions.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 2nd May 2017 at 10:52 PM
It does seem a little precarious. Because they'll do all the things they complain about if you let them have platinum aspiration anyway, meaning the item is only useful in gold aspiration. Yet the hat death presumably occurs if they drop down to green or red aspiration.

Hmm. Dangerous. Makes me want to use it as a kind of addictive substance.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 2nd May 2017 at 11:15 PM
I used it a few times as a new player, that's it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#21 Old 3rd May 2017 at 2:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
It does seem a little precarious. Because they'll do all the things they complain about if you let them have platinum aspiration anyway, meaning the item is only useful in gold aspiration. Yet the hat death presumably occurs if they drop down to green or red aspiration.

Hmm. Dangerous. Makes me want to use it as a kind of addictive substance.

ooo....evil ideas begin to surface.

bad mommy

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/