Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 12:47 PM
Default Stretching issue with imported custom heightmaps into CAW.
Hey there, I'm working on a custom post-apocalyptic world depicting the map and communities of Fallout 3, but my imported custom heightmaps are always turning out as stretched. For reference, the heightmap in photoshop is in the correct .png format, it's in grayscale and it's using a 16/bit channel. The dimensions are 2048x2048, so it should be importing as a square map, but it isn't.

Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 2:16 PM
I tested something and remember reading some previous comments about it. I seem to remember I just used the heightmap by EA, and pasted my own on top making sure EA's picture always remained the template in Photoshop. That seemed to work somehow. Photoshop likes to change things, you have to keep the EA picture as template. I don't think the issue was resolved last time I read about it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 3:08 PM
Ah okay, so it just sort of happens? That's a bit confusing, but yeah, I'll try that out and see if it's fixed.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 23rd Apr 2019 at 7:39 PM
It looks as though your settings are correct, but something is off if you're having the image repeated. Check that you don't have more than one layer, and that you are saving as a PNG with no transparency.