Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 11:39 AM Last edited by mrnoeyebrows : 19th Aug 2019 at 9:24 AM.
Default [solved]Shadow map looks weird
Hi,
I'm relatively new to making cc and I've been wanting to give my clothes shadow maps in Blender but I always give up because it comes out looking all speckled and weird. Every time I've tried so far (on multiple different garments I've made) it's happened and I have no idea what's causing it. I'm using this tutorial: https://theslyd.tumblr.com/post/146...p-for-cas-items
I asked for help on the Sims 4 Studio forums and was told to remove doubles, make sure my normals are all facing outwards, and uncheck the camera icon for the rig all of which I've done but nothing has changed. I've uploaded a screenshot of how it looks and the Blender file if you want to take a look. Help would really be appreciated.
Thank you!
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  blenderfile.zip (3.78 MB, 0 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 2:46 PM
Disclaimer: I don't use Blender and know almost nothing about using it. However, going only from the tutorial and your screenshot it looks like you didn't separate the clothing part of the mesh from the body parts, and you don't have World selected in the second section of the panel on the right. I don't know if that's any help to you.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 9:23 AM
Thanks for the reply!
But it's all good someone on the Sims 4 Studio forums figured it out, the problem was that I hadn't unchecked the camera icon on each individual body part of the rig, it's working now