Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 2:07 AM
Default Teeth Outside of Mouth on Female Sims
Problem: Basically what the topic says. On every female Sim I have personally created in either BodyShop or CAS, their TEETH are OUTSIDE of their mouths. Odd, huh?

When I Noticed This: I had just gotten a new computer last week, and I installed Sims 2 EPs/SPs I own on a fresh computer, as well as needed patches. I made a female Sim in BodyShop to my liking, and she looked 100% normal. It was only when I moved her into a lot that her teeth jumped outside of her mouth.

EP/SP Installed: Sims 2 Original, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, FreeTime, Glamour Life, Happy Holiday, Celebration Stuff.

System/Comp Specs:

Operating System: Windows Vista Home Premium
Computer Model: TOSHIBA Satellite A215
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55, 1.8GHz
RAM: 1918MB
DirectX Version: 10.0
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon X1200 (integrated/motherboard) series (0x791F)

Picture(s):

You can see one of my BodyShop/CAS-made female Sims with said issue by clicking here
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 8:48 AM
Are all of these sims with this problem created from the same "starter" sim? I've had this problem crop up on some of my females and more rarely on males. It is a sculpting error--meaning by reshaping the mouth and lower jaw, I was able to correct it. However, in all cases, my teeth protrusion problem came up only when the Sim would make certain faces---like smiling or when performing one of the standard conversational facial expressions.

I could correct either by moving all facial features up on the face, then bring down the forehead, and pull up the chin to restore proportion. Or in most cases, I would have to thicken the upper and lower lips separately, and then use the slider to thin out the smile to restore the previous thinner lipped appearance.

I honestly can't tell if you're experiencing some sort of glitch, or if it is a problem with the facial sculpt. From the picture, it looks like the face wasn't sculpted broadly enough to accomodate the teeth. This likely wouldn't show up in Bodyshop, but I have seen it in CAS.

Do the teeth STAY out of the mouth or is this an intermittent problem?

What if one little pop could open a world of wonder
So sensory, so satisfying. It's the magic Friskies makes happen every day in so many ways
Friskies, feed the senses. Cat sez eff that, gimme cheezburgers.
Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#3 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 1:27 PM
Dear JessieHaley,

Thank you for posting in the MTS2 Help section. In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following steps as listed below:

This is NOT multiple choice! You must read and go through ALL the FAQs!
  • General - Do the Game Problem FAQ
    You appear to have not gone through our main Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ. Please go through and do the steps on this FAQ, including any others that it links to (for example the Game Help:Game Problem-Problem Custom Contentwiki FAQ).

Usually, in the vast majority of cases, actually going through and doing the steps (doing, not just reading) fixes issues - sometimes you may be asked to remove custom content, or to patch - please rest assured that all of our FAQs have been tested by our staff and volunteers and we wouldn't suggest you do something unless it's been known to fix particular issues.

Please read through all of the FAQs above! Doing only one or two of them (when more exist) will usually result in delays not fixing your particular problem.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detail exactly which you have done and which steps failed.

Regards,
MTS2 Staff

This is a system generated message
What just happend?
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 4:18 PM
I have a feeling that there is a "Graphics Card" issue here. I could be wrong but I don't think your "chip" is compatible with "Free Time" (see screen shot)
Screenshots

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.