Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Zombie Socks
#126 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 9:58 PM
Well, yes. That's why I suggest only getting rid of the ep's and sp' you don't need a lot of objects from.

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#127 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 10:20 PM
oh jeh... That makes a lot of works. Could you tell me how to proof the current requirements of the lot?

I'm searching for every new idea to deal with the Sims! To me this game's just like a tool. One can change and create everything he/she wants!
Zombie Socks
#128 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 10:25 PM
The lot currently requires every ep and sp you have installed.

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#129 Old 1st May 2009 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whitewaterwood
Well, yes. That's why I suggest only getting rid of the ep's and sp' you don't need a lot of objects from.

I can not promise you to make less repuirements, but I will try. I think, this lot should perhaps require university and nightlife at least. Of course, base a game compatible lot is most ideal. Anyway, I plan to make some new meshes to replace some EP or SP items.

I'm searching for every new idea to deal with the Sims! To me this game's just like a tool. One can change and create everything he/she wants!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#130 Old 1st May 2009 at 2:09 PM
Now, I am so happy to show you my first new mesh for this castle:

POLYCOUNT 300

Zombie Socks
#131 Old 1st May 2009 at 4:28 PM
Wow! Excellent job!

I think just base game would be waaaaay too much to ask of you! I think it's just best to take out at least the sp's you aren't using. (somehow I can't figure this castle using H&M... )

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#132 Old 4th May 2009 at 9:38 PM
I am making a new mesh to replace the main tower of Disney castle. The POLYCOUNT is a little high: 1548. But I think, it's perhaps a better way for the wohle building. Your mind?
And when it is good, I will keep on to make some more castle roofs and decoration tower for the lot.

Zombie Socks
#133 Old 4th May 2009 at 9:48 PM
That isn't bad at all! Especially considering how complicated the mesh is! It looks great!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#134 Old 4th May 2009 at 10:11 PM
Thanks, I am happy to hear that! I am now making UVmapper for this tower.
A question: The texture of my first mesh above(the castle roof, about one floor high) is 512 x512 big.
But this tower should be higher as 3 floors. Do you think, whether the texture size 1024 x1024 is better for this one or not?

Zombie Socks
#135 Old 4th May 2009 at 10:15 PM
Yep! A bigger texture size is most certainly a better idea for a bigger object!

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#136 Old 5th May 2009 at 3:25 PM
Default my second mesh creation
The new main tower in game view:
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#137 Old 5th May 2009 at 8:33 PM
It is PERFECT!!
Zombie Socks
#138 Old 5th May 2009 at 8:53 PM
Wow! Excellent mesh!

The only thing that's bothering me is that the textures on the new tower don't match the textures on the castle! The new roof is yellow vs. blue on the old and the white bricks look a bit darker than the castle walls. Overall, amazing AMAZING AMAZING job! *dances around happily* You've done great work!

Unsocialized Homeschooler
#139 Old 6th May 2009 at 5:17 AM
Hmmmm. I agree with WWW. Though I know the roof is supposed to be gold, but it's too gold.

Maybe make it a paler gold/yellow, or blue.

But overall AMAZING!!!!
I tried to build this a while back and gave up.

How much CC are you adding? Just wondering because I have a Cogsworth (decor item, not a Sim) in my downloads that looks like it would fit the interior. (yeah, yeah, it's the Cinderella castle. Just thought a Disney reference hidden in the castle would be funny)

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#140 Old 6th May 2009 at 8:49 AM Last edited by artrui : 6th May 2009 at 9:01 AM.
Thanks for all the three feedbacks! Endlich, I've got the highst tower for this castle. I will adjust the colors of that wall and roof. My current plan is to make more decorcation-towers and roofs in different sizes as follow:
small side tower 1x1 (done)
small side tower 1.5x1.5
small side tower 2x2
highst main tower with flag 3x3 (done)
one floor high tower 4x4 (done)
2nd highst tower with flag 3x3
3rd highst tower with flag 3x3
4th highst tower 2x2
castle roof 1x1
castle roof 3x3 (done)
castle roof 5x1, for the portal

Quote: Originally posted by Elephant

A very pretty and amazing choice for the castle! Your lumiere is also so sweet. That is what I want to have since long time. Thanks
I haven't made an exact CC list yet because I will change somethings. The CC by me are some walls and new meshes above.
Screenshots

Test Subject
#141 Old 6th May 2009 at 11:19 AM
I must say, this is perfect! An absolutely amazing peice of work from you. I've been looking for years (literally) for a good Disney Castle, yours is really well done. 10/10 I give it.

Basic research is what I am doing when I don't know what I am doing.
Werner von Braun
Forum Resident
#142 Old 6th May 2009 at 6:06 PM
I have no words! Its absolutely FLAWLESS!
Forum Resident
#143 Old 6th May 2009 at 9:38 PM
Wow, It's come a long way since I last saw this thread! You've done a great job!!

If you're still worried about file size, You could always take out some/alot of the curtains in some of the rooms. Keep up the great work!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Mad Poster
#144 Old 7th May 2009 at 1:50 AM
hmmm, could we see a close up of one of the decorative towers? I think I see some UV mapping issues from here, but getting a closer look would help.

"When life gives you lemons, see the lemons, feels the lemons, BE THE LEMONS!"

Take a look-see, hmm...? Go on, click them:
The Super Mario Project, Nintendorks Island-Celebrating 2 Years Online!
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 7th May 2009 at 2:43 AM
artrui - wow this is looking very good I just can't wait to download it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#146 Old 7th May 2009 at 4:56 PM Last edited by artrui : 7th May 2009 at 4:59 PM. Reason: add pic
Just wait. I will try to finish it in a week. Now, I've adjusted some textures...
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#147 Old 7th May 2009 at 10:01 PM
It looks amazing! Not sure you'll get it all finished in a week, There's still a lot to do, Especially exterior wise! But Wow, You're doing amazing!

Nacho average teen.
Other Stuff By Me.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#148 Old 8th May 2009 at 1:43 AM
Default night of meshes
Thanks! I've made several new meshes tonight:
roof5x2, POLYCOUNT172
2ndmaintower, POLYCOUNT568
3rdmaintower, POLYCOUNT724
4thmaintower, POLYCOUNT596
towerdecor3x3, POLYCOUNT400
towerdecor2x2, POLYCOUNT316
towerdecor1x1, POLYCOUNT220
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#149 Old 8th May 2009 at 2:34 AM
They all look great! I think this will get featured (atleast a picked upload)
Wiki Wizard
#150 Old 8th May 2009 at 7:22 AM
Wow, that IS a lot of meshes! well done they look fabulous! I cannot wait to see how you pull them off with texturing!

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Locked thread | Locked by: whiterider Reason: Threadcromancy is bad, k.
Page 6 of 7