Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 10:40 AM
Default Buying pets from the Pet shop
How do you take a pet home from the pet shop after buying it. I went to the pet store and designed a cat then got in the car and the cat stayed at the pet shop. I went back to the pet shop and it was gone.

Can someone please help what to do. How do I get the cat in the car.
Advertisement
#2 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 11:01 AM
If you go back home it should just appear at the lot as if you adopoted it, a little window will appear to name it and then poof, there it is!
As far as I remember (it's been a while since I bought a pet), it doesn't climb in the car and go home with you...
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by *roxette
If you go back home it should just appear at the lot as if you adopoted it, a little window will appear to name it and then poof, there it is!
As far as I remember (it's been a while since I bought a pet), it doesn't climb in the car and go home with you...

The Sim is just sitting in the car and the cat is wondering around the pet shop. The sim is not driving home. What am I supposed to do??
#4 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 11:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pmhazelwood
The Sim is just sitting in the car and the cat is wondering around the pet shop. The sim is not driving home. What am I supposed to do??

Have you told the sim to drive home again?
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 2:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by *roxette
Have you told the sim to drive home again?

Yep did that tried alot of other orders didnt work.
I just got it to work. The cat just hopped into the car, and they drove home. I could be guessing but I dont think pets like the KITT car, coz thats what I was using before.
Scholar
#6 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 12:45 PM
It sounds like it was just a glitch. If you buy a pet from the pet store, it will be "created" right next to your Sim in a shower of confetti-like stuff, it will be added to your family (the bar along the left side of the screen) and then when your Sim next gets into the car it should just get in too.

Perhaps the command for the pet to get in the car with your Sim was accidently cancelled, hence why it did not get in the car.

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Alchemist
#7 Old 14th Aug 2008 at 2:12 PM
Yep did that tried alot of other orders didnt work.
I just got it to work. The cat just hopped into the car, and they drove home. I could be guessing but I dont think pets like the KITT car, coz thats what I was using before.

Was there room in the KITT car?
#8 Old 29th Sep 2008 at 3:38 PM
Try boolprop controlpets on, then tell the cat to get it.
Test Subject
#9 Old 8th Feb 2009 at 7:15 PM
How do you take a pet home from the pet shop after buying it. I went to the pet store and designed a cat then got in the car and the cat stayed at the pet shop. I went back to the pet shop and it was gone.

Can someone please help what to do. How do I get the cat in the car.

That's weird, mine automatically go home with them.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Feb 2009 at 10:54 AM
As a workaround, you can always adopt a pet at home, then click on a mirror to change the appearance of your pet. AFAIK, You can do quite a bit of modification to a pet's appearance that way!

You can also just make a new CAS family and move them into your household.
#11 Old 6th May 2009 at 11:54 PM
Default I have created a pet shop, how do i get pets in it?
[QUOTE=ced1106]As a workaround, you can always adopt a pet at home, then click on a mirror to change the appearance of your pet. AFAIK, You can do quite a bit of modification to a pet's appearance that way!

You can also just make a new CAS family and move them into your household.[/I have created a pet shop, how do i get pets in it?QUOTE]