Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 3:30 PM
Default Old Custom/premade Neighbourhood with preset story?
A few years ago, I stumbled upon a huge neighbourhood project by certain creators of the Sims community. The neighbourhood was basically like a Maxis hood, except everything from houses to people were custom. There were premade families in the bin, and some families in the hood had their own histories.

This hood also had a unique aspect to it: a sort of story-mode. Certain lots had flamingos on them which caused certain events to happen to that specific family, either at the start of playing that family, or throughout, I can't remember.

I think I found it on a forum, which then linked to another site to download it from because the filesize was pretty big. I'd really like to find this hood again and try playing it, assuming it works with my EPs and hacks

https://renegadekitty.wixsite.com/sims - my new Sims page, mods & Quarantine Challenge.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 4:41 PM
Could it be the Fury & Lark Hood at N99? That's the first one I thought of when you mentioned the flamingos. :P
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 5:40 PM
Nope, that wasn't it...though jfade may have contributed to it. If it helps, I think the only "custom" piece was the Flamingo, otherwise it was just a hood that you plopped into the Neighborhood folder and that was it. The only thing I recall about the hood itself is that it was well-populated with houses and some families, and had the lighthouse decoration. When you first load the hood, you'd get a popup thing about the Hood - like Maxis does. It may have had the OFB subdistrict...this might be my imagination or I separately added it later.

It was a really, really long time ago so it may not even be around anymore. It was likely either the TSR or MTS2 forum which posted about it, and the actual download link was at a site/subsite that was specifically about the hood - I think you could read the character's backstories, see some pictures, etc.

I did check the hood downloads at MTS2, TSR and N99, and had no luck finding it.

https://renegadekitty.wixsite.com/sims - my new Sims page, mods & Quarantine Challenge.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 24th Aug 2009 at 7:24 PM
Ah, sorry then. I think I know which neighborhood that you're talking about, but I my mind draws a complete blank on the name! If I get a brain wave and remember I'll let you know.
Scholar
#5 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 1:23 AM
I know which hood you are talking about. I downloaded it ages ago but didn't keep a backup. I didn't download and install the flamingo because the site was being super mysterious about what the "special object made just for this neighborhood" was and I refuse to put anything into my game that I don't know what it is or what it does. I think it was called either Lakeside or Bayside. The site I got that hood from definitely had a lighthouse as it's logo. I'm sorry that I can't be any more specific than offering a possible hood name. I tried searching for both but it's difficult to find because there are real neighbourhoods called Lakeside and Bayside keeps coming up with Sims 3 links.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Aug 2009 at 6:56 PM
I believe it was just some kind of event controller hack so that the game could have people walk by or do things that would progress the family's story. It was in my game and didn't appear to do any harm, though I didn't have many hacks or EPs at that point.

It's funny you mention the hood starting with an L or B - those were my thoughts, too. I was thinking something with Lagoon or Beach in the name (probably because of the water and lighthouse that I remember from the hood), but neither turned up anything. I also had no luck when searching up Lakeside or Bayside. It's tough to find without remembering some or all of the name

Scholar
#7 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 10:10 AM
Don't know if anyone is still interested in this neighborhood but I finally found it :

Beacon Falls
Scholar
#8 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 10:48 AM
Thanks! I might grab the hood again. Although I don't think I'll take the flamingo this time, either