Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#501 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 12:47 AM
I wonder how many people will be playing Farmville 10 years from now. There's just no brand loyalty among facebook gamers, they just switch and play whatever new game is released, so when you need your friend's help in one game, tough luck they've switched to something else. Hopefully, EA won't turn the sims into one of those click and collect between two business e-mails type of games.
Advertisement
Theorist
#502 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 12:48 AM Last edited by lisfyre : 12th Dec 2011 at 12:58 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
If the pool table, DJ Booth, and pull up bar are offered in the store or SP, I will not get this EP.

You know they're going to put it in the store eventually. They did with the washers and dryers, the treehouse, the bunk beds. I got the bunk bed at the store way before I got Generations and it worked well in my game thanks to the patch. I'll be keeping an eye out for the pool table as well since I do want that.

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#503 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 1:01 AM
FB integration doesn't bother me, unless they make FB account mandatory.

What DOES bother me is that I'm already seeing how those "concerts" are going to look: 5 performers, 1 spectator, 2 NPCs, and 3 would-be spectators who ought to have been here, but didn't get in time caught in a routing bug. Welcome to Empty Bar Syndrome 2.0 in LN 2.0!

Unless EA really hired a supergenius able to create illusion of a town with tens of thousands of inhabitants by just shuffling around 150 sims in an open neighborhood.

They just needed to wait with open neigborhood until hardware would have been able to handle a thousand or so townies and use TS2 method before then. Or just stick with quaint village-like hoods like the original 2. But, well, it's too late for that.
Field Researcher
#504 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 1:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
That actually sounds interesting. I remember that when I first heard of Generations, it sounded kind of boring. Then I saw a review of it on YouTube by Lazy Game Reviews and decided that I wanted it. His reviews helped me to decide which expansions and stuff packs I wanted and didn't. I might wait until he looks over SHT before I decide to buy it or not.

I always watch his reviews too! They are funny and to the point.
And though I don't have facebook, I watched his Sims Social review when it first came out and even if I did have an account I wouldn't touch this game with a ten-foot pole.

But now I keep having these nightmares where I play The Sims 3 and in the most exciting moment all those Sims Social restrictions forbid me from carrying on.

Well... I guess all we can do is wait until the SHT hits the fan...
Test Subject
#505 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 2:08 AM
I'am not impressed by a single thing that his expansion has to offer. The social stuff sucks, the theme aren't exacly innovative or fresh, and I think this overall feels extremely thin.

I'm quite surprised that some people here will buy this only because of a few items. Especially the ones that just want ONE item, like the pool table or DJ-set.
Heck, you could call the Sims Store expensive, but to cough up 40 bucks for a single object? That's insanity!

I'd be surprised if they came up with more major functions for this, as they usually just point out the big stuff directly, and wait with the smaller (often not-so-interesting) stuff later on.

And I can't say that the "major" stuff feels major in any way. The DJ-booth wasn't a huge thing for TS1 or TS2. It was just yet another object, not something huge that they kept mentioning over and over. I feel the same about the singing/magician/performing stuff, it just feels like yet another object. Nothing special or fancy about it, just a nice thing to have but nothing that will allow you to turn the game into something new and awesome.

I'm quite sure I won't buy this. I usually try games before I buy them, and I'm not even sure that I want to try this SHT.
Forum Resident
#506 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by birdyfly
Someone also mentioned here that there might be recording studios in this expansion pack as well.

i could see that happen....in a rabbithole.
really, knowing EA by now, i cant imagine them going out of their way and
actually creating this for us. not when they can make it more easy for themselfs by
using their genius shortcut, AKA rabbithole. if they did actually create a recording studio
like with sims superstar for this game, then i'd be really suprised.

if not, then it will be lamest recording studio ever!
Forum Resident
#507 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 4:15 AM
So it's basically Late Night?.. I am not sure how I feel about it to be honest. If they wanted to add this why not just add it in LN?, I guess I will wait to see more information about it but for now I am neutral sliding a little to What's the difference of LN and ST?.

And would they be including actors on these stages? Maybe make a movie theater and the Sims's movies can come on, and we can get a reaction like those on stages? Because if the Sim actors aren't included then it just seems like a waste, like they didn't think of that. But who knows, with LN we also got nightclubs, vampires along with Celebrities. Maybe this expansion will have more that sets it different to LN.

Oh and about the whole FB sharing Sims... I don't know many people who even plays it in real life, and I am not going to add a bunch of random strangers to my FB.
Scholar
#508 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 5:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Willow's Tara
So it's basically Late Night?.. I am not sure how I feel about it to be honest. If they wanted to add this why not just add it in LN?

Maybe their new scheme is selling one EP into 2 EPS! 80 bucks for one theme. Maybe less variety in the series if this continues.
Forum Resident
#509 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 5:38 AM
I don't have a problem with EPs having somewhat overlapping concepts à la the city vibes of Nightlife and Apartment Life. I think the two compliment each other more than anything.

I'd be fine with an expansion of the celebrity career (from LN) and the addition of more professions (from AMB), but those should be side attractions. We've seen this before, like when badges from OFB were expanded upon in Seasons. However, the main draw should be something we haven't seen in TS3 before, and preferably something we haven't seen in the series before, and that's something EA just appears too lazy to do.
Field Researcher
#510 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 5:54 AM
i refuse to play sims social. i play a few apps on and off. if farmville was for real, i'd have been arested for animal cruelty.

if thats what ea wants, well, i'm sorry but i'll just go find a nice quiet corner to go fuck myself if thats how they really feel about me and my business. i dont even take pics in sims 3 cause i dont like that they need to "upload" through the launcher and all that. it makes me nervous. i dont like other people looking at what i do to my sims. it's between me and my pixels.

just because i'm paranoid doesnt mean they're not out to get me.
Forum Resident
#511 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 5:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Element Leaf
I don't have a problem with EPs having somewhat overlapping concepts à la the city vibes of Nightlife and Apartment Life. I think the two compliment each other more than anything.

I'd be fine with an expansion of the celebrity career (from LN) and the addition of more professions (from AMB), but those should be side attractions. We've seen this before, like when badges from OFB were expanded upon in Seasons. However, the main draw should be something we haven't seen in TS3 before, and preferably something we haven't seen in the series before, and that's something EA just appears too lazy to do.

I think if the music business is completely fleshed out it would provide a completely new aspect of the game. Touring, Albums, recording, singles, CD signings, posters awards etc. would all be really fun. Im interested in designing my sims world tours, that sounds really cool, I just hope its not like a rabbit hole type thing.
I hope we get some celeb cameos too!
Field Researcher
#512 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 6:52 AM
If only they would of added a saxophone and a violin to this then I would be happy.
Mad Poster
#513 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 7:03 AM
And who knows? With this new EP trend, maybe Pets 2.0 will be released with a true farm life and barn animals. Generations 2.0 will be released with universities and a preteen life stage. World Adventures 2.0 will be released with weather and proper vacationing. And so forth.
Field Researcher
#514 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 7:17 AM
I wouldn't mind a farm life expansion. I would like ducks, chickens, cows, sheep, pigs, goats, and llamas. I really want weather. I would also like proper vacationing.
Yep that sounds good.
Forum Resident
#515 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by frankie
And who knows? With this new EP trend, maybe Pets 2.0 will be released with a true farm life and barn animals. Generations 2.0 will be released with universities and a preteen life stage. World Adventures 2.0 will be released with weather and proper vacationing. And so forth.
Inventor
#516 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 8:46 AM

And Ambitions 2.0 will be released with the ability to run our own businesses and opening up various business rabbitholes as well as hobbies with craftables so we can sell them in our own shops.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Instructor
#517 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 9:05 AM
And LN 2.0.. oh wait, they already did that.
SHT, MY BAD GUYS.
Mad Poster
#518 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 9:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV
And Ambitions 2.0 will be released with the ability to run our own businesses and opening up various business rabbitholes as well as hobbies with craftables so we can sell them in our own shops.

I forgot about that one. *Adds to EA's ultra-thick pile*

Quote: Originally posted by MrsNervousSubject
And LN 2.0.. oh wait, they already did that.
SHT, MY BAD GUYS.

Oh, that's all right. We're already prepared for LN 3.0+, exclusively at the Store to avoid a third and plus EP.
Scholar
#519 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 9:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by QueenJimmyIV

There are two terrible things about this:
1) I'd actually buy that in a heartbeat (again, desperate for community lots); and
2) It won't ever happen because they'll never open them up.
Inventor
#520 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 10:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
There are two terrible things about this:
1) I'd actually buy that in a heartbeat (again, desperate for community lots); and
2) It won't ever happen because they'll never open them up.

Oh I would too. Believe me, in all honesty, I'd buy frankie's 2.0 versions of all the expansions (with Pets 2.0 having more wildlife as well), the Ambitions 2.0... and then a Weather/Holidays EP, Hobbies/Sports EP, and an Occult EP.

I just know that we won't get that many and that's one of the reasons why I want more per expansion. If we're going to get more 2.0 stuff, we'd better get more EPs. If we got 15 EPs for Sims 3, I wouldn't complain a single bit about getting the 2.0 stuff as long as it was good and worth the $40.

Shy, Clumsy, Insane, Artistic, Hopeless Romantic, Cat Person, Supernatural Fan

Art tumblr
deviantart
Mad Poster
#521 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 12:57 PM

I was actually thinking that maybe Seasons would be attached to farm animals. In TS2 it was attached to gardening, but we have that already, and a Seasons only EP might be a bit lacking. But Seasons activities, like skeeing, skating, tanning... combined with a new revamped and improved gardening and farm animals. Now that would be nice.
Alchemist
#522 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
You know they're going to put it in the store eventually. They did with the washers and dryers, the treehouse, the bunk beds. I got the bunk bed at the store way before I got Generations and it worked well in my game thanks to the patch. I'll be keeping an eye out for the pool table as well since I do want that.

I want a pool table as well. What I'm afraid of is that the Store version will be Future Shock or Vegas themed pool table, when what I want is a standard no theme pool table.
Field Researcher
#523 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre

Maybe not. I never bought HELS and I still can't use any of the electric guitars that come in the store, no matter how highly I'm patched.
Retired
retired moderator
#524 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 2:35 PM
http://pasimficandbeyond.wikia.com/...orld_Adventures

The saga continues.

It'll be interesting to see what from the pack they put in the stores. Pool tables seems a bit... ...big. But then so do the other features they've hawked off in there of late.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Instructor
#525 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 2:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by christmas fear

I could swear it almost feels like deja vu.. but why?

wow EA could just make an update for Late night..
smh i hope this new LN EP has new creatures because i'm not pleased ...
Page 21 of 73