Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#76 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 2:23 AM
I've been downloading from this site for a few years now.
I've downloaded so much custom content from so many places...I have found the best material here so far.
So many talented creative people, I just wanted to say thanks and I don't think the sims would have been as successful an EA game had it not been for all the people
that share their creations.
Thanks!
Advertisement
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#77 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AriesFlare
Maybe they are hesitating to open the upload section because they know it will be bombarded as soon as MTS members find out.
Or maybe, it's just that the mods have, like, a real life that needs attending to. After all, this is all done in their free time. (By the way, I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm sure the first few weeks are gonna be hell. ) I'm taking this opportunity to really refine my next submission, take proper screenies, make sure all links for cc are in order, that sort of thing. Granted, this should be done anyway, but sometimes it's nice to take a bit of time, and fine tune things. Until then, I suggest we all head over to the Winchester, have a few pints, and wait for this to blow over.
Mad Poster
#78 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 9:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ButchSims
Until then, I suggest we all head over to the Winchester, have a few pints, and wait for this to blow over.

I'm down for that lol

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#79 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 4:30 PM
We're almost there - we just have to fine tune the various PMs that get sent as part of the process and thats it. Expect it to take a few more days. Apologies for the delay!

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by skarecro
Maybe you should be more selective in what you allow people to upload. For example ....There are way to many houses that are uploaded. Pose packs are ridiculous. Many many of the uploads are a complete waist of your site resources.

I second the "Pose packs are ridiculous" argument. Ever since the Pose Player came out, the site has been flooded with them, and regular custom content seems to have fallen by the wayside. Surely there can't be more "storytellers" than there are people who just want to play the game and have neat things for their sims to wear and do and interact with.
Theorist
#81 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jeromycraig
I second the "Pose packs are ridiculous" argument. Ever since the Pose Player came out, the site has been flooded with them, and regular custom content seems to have fallen by the wayside. Surely there can't be more "storytellers" than there are people who just want to play the game and have neat things for their sims to wear and do and interact with.
Did you read any of the responses to that asinine post you're agreeing with? Just curious.
Inventor
#82 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 5:15 PM
No one forces you to look at them or download them. Yes, you have to see the thumbnail for the download on the "Downloads" page, but you don't see me or anyone else forcing you to click that link. I'm not a storyteller, but I am a creator and I find pose packs useful when taking pics for my uploads. And honestly, if Delphy is willing to provide the space for people to upload these "ridiculous" downloads, why should it matter to you? Filters and searching exist for a reason. You don't see me going around saying we need to stop hosting certain types of downloads just because I don't like them or use them. Because I know that out there, there is a simmer that does.

Sorry for the rant, and for going off topic, but some things just annoy me. ~VP

I'll stop being anti-social when the rest of the world quits being idiots!

My Own Website! www.violetpadfootscreations.weebly.com
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 28th Feb 2013 at 10:51 PM

You know people take the time to create all kinds of things. Its not easy to creat anything in sims/ for sims....It must take the creater days to creat even one simple pose.I find it rude to snub something that someone took the time to create and share with the rest of us less capable simmers....I just want to thank all the wonderful creators who take their time and share whatever it is that make in their freetime for everything they make.
and Mods Take your time ^_^ anything that makes this awesome site better is worth the wait......
And all the maladies of the world burst forth from Pandora's cooch
#84 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 12:24 AM
The most recent pose pack uploaded here was posted on January 10th, and it already has over 900 downloads. And that was for a "Hunger Games" pose pack, which has it's own niche. There are more generic poses that have even more downloads. So, yes, there is a large segment of the Simming community that loves them, uses them, and finds more uses for them than just for storytelling. The argument that sites have been flooded with them can be made for Sims, houses, hairs, and any other content. It all depends on what you find useful. I hardly ever download a house, but that doesn't mean I think that no houses should be uploaded to the site.

Plus, any item that gets through the upload process here represents the best quality of the community, regardless of what kind it is, and the creators should feel proud of their work.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#85 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 2:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarecro
Maybe you should be more selective in what you allow people to upload. For example ....There are way to many houses that are uploaded.

Some of us don't know how/don't make very good cc, but we can build. Building houses and community lots is all that I can do well enough to share. It isn't easy getting a lot uploaded on here. Apart from making an interesting floor plan, every piece of cc must be accounted for with a link and be free content which complies with not only the creators TOU of sharing but also the MTS criteria of not coming from a pay artist. It then needs screenshots which have to be changed to the MTS size requirements and on a very large lot getting those required screenshots isn't easy.

I'm just happy there are people who still love TS2 enough to create new and wonderful things for free.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#86 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 3:18 AM
Quote:
I'm just happy there are people who still love TS2 enough to create new and wonderful things for free.

I agree and couldn't have said it better myself, Jo!

Sugah's Place
... Providing quality Sims 2 downloads in a fun, friendly forum setting ...
Specializing in gorgeous Sim models, CC recolors, custom walls, prime real estate, original challenges & more!
Banned
#87 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 3:36 AM
Oh please, if you take away someone's right to upload what they are best at don't you think that's just a little bit stifling to them? Let people upload whatever they want, the only thing is it should follow Creator Guidelines. There are plenty of things in all categories being uploaded for both games, no need to squabble over too many poses or houses.
Instructor
#88 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 4:29 AM
Default There is always something Useful
[QUOTE=joandsarah77]Some of us don't know how/don't make very good cc, but we can build.

I'm sure that everything that is uploaded here on the site has a significance to someone here. There are people who really don't know how to build houses or have the time. Building a house takes a lot of work. It can take hours if not over 30 min.

Not all of us are great at the complex stuff. I kinda feel the same way you do. Some day, I would really like to figure out how to mesh and mod. As of now, I've only had recolors and edits of maxis food approved. Sometimes I feel like there is a person somewhere saying, "Not another recolor". Usually, I like reinventing things when I see something has a ton more potential. I like spicing up simple things. While I'm sure that there are people rolling their eyes at a recolor, I'm sure there are others out there who appreciate that someone took the time to add a bit of pizzazz to an object.

There is never too much of something. There is never too many pose boxes or houses. Those pose boxes are useful if you want to take some quality photos with your sims. Everything has it's purpose.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#89 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 5:01 AM
I love recolours! I often prefer to use a Maxis recoloured item as it's a smaller file and saves downloading yet another mesh. There are a number of Maxis items I've never found a recolour on, maybe they can't be,. I have no idea on these things; I've only recolourd a couch to a tutorial-and it looked pretty bad and a couple of clothing pieces.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#90 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 11:30 AM
I can never EVER have too many recolours. I mean EVER.

And I like playing about with the poses. I'm not a story teller, but I like seeing the different poses people create. I've never tried to create any myself, but I can imagine how much time and effort would be involved getting the poses to look real enough to appeal to a wide audience. One of the reasons I love MTS so much is that everything uploaded here is of good quality and that someone, somewhere, has put a lot of effort into that upload

Visit MissyHissy's Job Centre and MissyHissy's Job Centre Forum for additional career help.
Visit MissyHissy's Irish Dance Studio
The Daily Plumbob, a Sims 4 Gameplay blog
Test Subject
#91 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 4:14 PM
Yeah, poses are very useful 'cause with them I can take a lots of original and artistic photos. Without poses my photos'll be dull.

And yea, it is difficult to create a real looking pose. To do that you must perfectly know a human anatomy.
Test Subject
#92 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 5:09 PM
Default Missing my 'new stuff'
Hi to all of the people who work on MTS

Just to say that your hard work is appreciated, and if you say that you need a Spring Clean, then I am more than happy to wait until you're happy with the site.

I mean, that's what we all want, isn't it? A fully functional MTS with great content? Yup, thought so...!

And besides, I'm enjoying looking up 'old stuff' and discovering stuff that I missed.

Thanks again, but, hurry back....!

x
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#93 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 5:44 PM
:0) I just wanted to let you guys know that it takes hours and hours to produce a really spectacular set of items. A really good mesh can take about 12 + working hours to produce well and then the textures can take just as long. I've been working on a multicultural entry since it was announced - I work and keep up a home so I only have maybe 1 to 2 hours a day to work on my meshes and maybe 6 to 8 hours on weekends. I am not done with my set yet...

The Pose packs are really great for using in pictures. trying to pose and freez recalcitrant sims without pose packs is a nightmare! so I appreciate the time it takes their creators to make them. I got started here making houses because Sims is just a fancy lego set to me where I don't run out of parts. I love architecture but I went to making my own meshes when I could not find what I wanted. And while I am a featured creator and am very good at making meshes, I have had many items rejected mainly because my textures SUCK! So keep trying to make great stuff and get it ready for when the upload queue goes live! oh.. and develop a thick skin so you can improve your work if your upload gets rejected..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#94 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 9:55 PM
Can't wait to see what your set is porkypine, it sounds really interesting.

I've got a lot just about ready for upload so you can add me to that queue now.

~Call me Jo~
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#95 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 9:59 PM Last edited by porkypine : 1st Mar 2013 at 11:06 PM.
lol, If you have a full set of things, you can post it in creator issues. When they open the upload queue they will look at it then.

My upload will probably be too late for multicultural. I am stuck on hair textures. They are a dog to do well. I will try making a larger texture size to see if the ingame hair looks better. The set requires the new hairstyles to go with the outfits. I think I'll let my family take care of itself this weekend and tell them to clean, cook and serve me for once so I can getthis project ready.. lol

I finished my teen girl mesh last night but have to make some recolors for that. then the toddler outfit and recolors. and the hair and hair doodads... Lotsa work left to do..... so NO this weekend! lol
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#96 Old 1st Mar 2013 at 11:11 PM
By 'lot' I meant a residential or maybe an apartment type of lot. I'm only a lowly lot builder.

Yes, that is what husbands and wii games are for. *Prods husband and children out the door*

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 1:22 AM
are we there yet? are we there yet? are we there yet? I miss downloading new stuff from here!!! So much FANTASTIC stuff it is!!!!
Test Subject
#98 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 2:56 PM
I just want to get my vote in....this is the best site in the whole world for finding great stuff! Thank you to all the Modders and to you all that run this site..You're the best! Like everyone else, i miss you and all the great new stuff but please take all the time you need to make the site as awesome as you want it to be. As for the people whinning about pose packs, shut up! I'm like some of the other people on here, I don't do stories either but they come in handy to make some great photos for posters, signs, and billboards, so, everything has its purpose even if you don't see it at first.
Test Subject
#99 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 3:47 PM Last edited by trian : 2nd Mar 2013 at 3:48 PM. Reason: fixed typo
About there being too many lots uploaded:

Some people just suck at building, me for example. And sometimes even here I have trouble to find just the right lot for something. *bows to the lowly lot builders being the lowliest downloader*
Theorist
#100 Old 2nd Mar 2013 at 5:30 PM
Completely off topic, but building is just as time consuming and requires just as much skill as creating for any other aspect of the game. Just because it's one of the things all simmers dabble in to some extent doesn't mean that lot builders are on some lower tier creator wise or are any less talented. I ♥ lot builders!
Locked thread
Page 4 of 5