Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 4:05 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
I'm having issues, too, and I'd thought it would just be my hacks folder, but everything all the way down the my patterns folder is causing the game to hang.

Unless the rumors about ridiculous loading times are true?
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 6:13 AM
I installed my game and just pulled my mod folder out. I also patched. Game runs like a charm. I have no idea what is the issue with your games. Did you remove ALL of you custom content?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 12:33 PM
Depends, how long are you waiting for the load?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 12:54 PM
Yes, I did. I'm not your typical idiot who doesn't read the FAQs. And as for loading times, we're talking giving up after waiting an hour for it to load.

Read a post on the Sims 3 EA forum where someone said it took 5 hours for her game to load her content, so that's why I was wondering if there's problems. I did the halving method, and any amount or anything causes it to hang. Time to reinstall, I guess.
Instructor
#5 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KagomeKagome
Yes, I did. I'm not your typical idiot who doesn't read the FAQs. And as for loading times, we're talking giving up after waiting an hour for it to load.

Read a post on the Sims 3 EA forum where someone said it took 5 hours for her game to load her content, so that's why I was wondering if there's problems. I did the halving method, and any amount or anything causes it to hang. Time to reinstall, I guess.

This might not indicate an error or issues with loading, just like with the sims 2. The more content you have, the longer it takes to load. Now the real question would be: Did she have so much content that it, reallistically, took 5 hours to load?

All TS2 Downloads Link
All TS3 Downloads: Link
All Other downloads: Link
Skyrim SKSE 1.6.x gamepad key support: Link
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Nov 2009 at 10:32 PM
Considering that it doesn't matter how few or how much I place in, myself, and it still hangs, then I'd say that the amount you have isn't the problem as much as it's the content itself. Lots of people are reporting loading issues or serious lag while trying to use any custom content. It's ridiculous that either the patch, WA, or both seriously FUBARed the game this badly that you cannot even use one custom hair, much less anything else.