Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2023 at 1:31 AM
Default Questions about Chris Hatch's The Globe and Time Controller mod
Hi, I'm trying to use Chris Hatch's The Globe mod with his latest version of Time Controller mod (mentioned in this post ) but I when I interact with the globe in my game, I couldn't find the option to enable and disable the time controller global override. Currently in my Downloads folder, I have CJH_GlobalSculpture, CJH_GlobalOverrides, CJH_WalkToOtherSims files and the Time Controller from the above post. I don't know if I'm missing any necessary file or misunderstanding some of Chris' instructions. In the Globe's pie menu, there is currently only an option to turn on buy mode in community lot.

Another question about the Time Controller is that does turning on and off the mod often badly disrupt the inner workings of the gameplay (motive, relationship, LTA decay, etc.)? I'm planning to disable the time controller every time my sim goes to bed or to work because with the mod's slower pace, those occasions become much longer too and the fastest fast-forward option doesn't help much with passing the time.

I'd really appreciate any insight into this. Thanks very much!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 29th Oct 2023 at 4:22 AM
I'm going to ask this question that might sound ridiculous:
Do you have any pets, babies or elders in the game?

Because: if you do, and you don't have a mod that makes them sleep all through the night, the time will remain on regular speed.

Just throwing this out there in case that might be the problem.

The time controller is not a mod you can control from in the game, as far as I know. It's an internal mod, which means that the Globe will not stop it from working-you'll have to take it out or disable it if you want to speed things up.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Oct 2023 at 8:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Do you have any pets, babies or elders in the game?

Because: if you do, and you don't have a mod that makes them sleep all through the night, the time will remain on regular speed.

Just throwing this out there in case that might be the problem.

Yes, I do have a pet in my sim's household. Is there a mod to make them sleep through the night along with my sim? Can you me point to it, I'd like to try that out to see if it helps make things faster.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 29th Oct 2023 at 10:32 AM Last edited by FranH : 29th Oct 2023 at 11:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by themadtash
Yes, I do have a pet in my sim's household. Is there a mod to make them sleep through the night along with my sim? Can you me point to it, I'd like to try that out to see if it helps make things faster.

I have a very old download called "The Biorithmus Clock" by a modder named XPTL (who used to be on MTS). He cloned the object from the Sun Burst clock in the game, and it has several uses:

1. It makes children tired enough to go to bed at 8. They sleep through the night.
2. It makes teens, adults, elders and pets also tired enough to go to bed at 11 and sleep through the night. (they start regaining energy after 12 am).

You should have the "Elders sleep through the night" hack because that's one I can't live without-Elders are affected by that mod. :

https://simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_Sleeping.htm

Also: Toddlers Sleep through Night patch: https://simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Page...2_Childcare.htm

3. The "Biorithmus Clock" does have a side effect of making people more hungry during the day, but the other (and I'd call it a good one) is that they get tired enough to take a nap after they come home from work. If you have assigned beds, they'll head for them as soon as they get tired enough.

Once you put it into a household, it will automatically begin all these functions and it will let the game speed up to 3 during the night, and everyone will stay in bed until 6 am every day.

There is one drawback-the clock is timed so that from 11pm until 9 am, it makes all visitors tired, which might be a issue for you if you have a lot of visitors first thing in the morning or nannies showing up.

I know this seems like 'overkill' on the mods, but I've been playing with all of them, plus the time controller for years and they all work beautifully together. I believe that without them I'd have not continued to play the game for as long as I have. Sometimes you just have to mod out the annoying stuff.

If you want to download it, please DM me and I'll get you the link to the download.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Alchemist
#5 Old 30th Oct 2023 at 6:17 AM
Just FYI, I think the version from the post you linked is an update to the standalone version of Time Controller, and doesn't require the Globe. That might be why you don't see and options on it.

Also, I have XPTL's archive linked in my signature and the Biorithmus is in there.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Oct 2023 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I have a very old download called "The Biorithmus Clock" by a modder named XPTL (who used to be on MTS). He cloned the object from the Sun Burst clock in the game, and it has several uses:

1. It makes children tired enough to go to bed at 8. They sleep through the night.

Does it make them stop needing to go to bed as soon as they get home from school?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Oct 2023 at 1:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Just FYI, I think the version from the post you linked is an update to the standalone version of Time Controller, and doesn't require the Globe. That might be why you don't see and options on it.

I see. I don't think Chris Hatch has updated his Time Controller mod for the Globe right? Because I can't seem to find that version anywhere.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Oct 2023 at 2:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Does it make them stop needing to go to bed as soon as they get home from school?

No, it does not. It actually makes it a bit more tiresome-which can be a problem.

You have to keep an eye out on their energy motive all the time.

I don't know of any hack that does that, and I've searched high and low-even the mod on here that reportedly cures the problem does not address the issue.

What I do is have them take a nap-it's all I can do to keep them happy. I think naps are great anyway!

PS-I have the hack that brings all the kids home at 1, so they do get time to nap if they're tired, (teens not being employed, either).

Having smart beds and the 'no napping' hack does force them to hit the bed for naps. It's the only way I can cope with that insolvable problem of energy drain from school.

I would love to have a mod that does cure once and for all time the problem of energy drain when coming home from school. Kids should not be that tired from being educated!

(@Phantomknight-The only reason I posted that hack on my account is that it's one of the lesser known hacks XPTL is known for, and I personally love it to death. I have that archive which I downloaded from that link.)

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 30th Oct 2023 at 10:08 PM
I think simblender >half energy works better than any global mod on kids after school energy. That or dragging the bar up.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 30th Oct 2023 at 10:16 PM
Sim_Manipulator_SimMenu_AddOn adds a pie menu to Sims that lets you change motives on the current Sim or all Sims on lot. It's helpful for getting everyone to stay asleep.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#11 Old 31st Oct 2023 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

I've never had this issue and I have no mods for motive decay. How do you play children, normally? Mine get up at 6 AM, go to school until 5 PM (at Inge's Prep School), and usually have enough energy to stay awake until around 10 PM, unless they've studied Physiology, in which case they can stay up a bit later as well.
Alchemist
#12 Old 31st Oct 2023 at 4:10 AM
@themadtash, when I was looking for the Time Controller a couple of weeks ago, I didn't see one, so I'm going to say there isn't one, or if there is an updated one for the Globe, it's probably packaged with the Globe.

And kids do tend to get energy drain after school for me. When they come home from school, I usually have them do something to get their fun up, then do homework right away, then dinner and/or another fun activity before washing up and going to bed. My sims have been known to stomp and wave at me for being too tired, but this is why I save washing up for last--they don't fall asleep in the shower so I usually just ignore it... I try to get them in bed between 9-10 pm and that works for me.

I suppose you could use something like BoilingOil's Need Freak instead and keep sims' motives from getting too low at school. This way you don't have to manually raise your sims motives all the time.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 31st Oct 2023 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@themadtash, when I was looking for the Time Controller a couple of weeks ago, I didn't see one, so I'm going to say there isn't one, or if there is an updated one for the Globe, it's probably packaged with the Globe.

Ah okay. Thanks for letting me know. Can you point me to the latest version of the Globe mod you found? I'll check if the Time Controller mod coupled in that is updated or not.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 31st Oct 2023 at 8:14 AM
The Site where the Needs Freak can be found is HERE and the fixed lonk for the Mod is HERE I've even downloaded it for my own use.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 31st Oct 2023 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I've never had this issue and I have no mods for motive decay. How do you play children, normally? Mine get up at 6 AM, go to school until 5 PM (at Inge's Prep School), and usually have enough energy to stay awake until around 10 PM, unless they've studied Physiology, in which case they can stay up a bit later as well.

Maybe Inge's school doesn't drain motives as much. I do pretty much the same, but I use the Maxis school.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 31st Oct 2023 at 11:28 AM
Well, every child in my neighborhood does go to at least one day of Maxis school so that they can get homework and learn how to study, and they don't have this issue during that one day of Maxis school, either.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 15th Nov 2023 at 2:22 AM
Default Undefined Transition error with Chris Hatch's Community Lot Time mod
Hi. I'm using Chris Hatch's latest version of the CLT mod but I still encounter the Undefined Transition error every time my sim drives his own car back home from community lot. I have included my error log below. Any help would be much appreciated, thanks!
Attached files:
File Type: txt  ObjectError_F001_t1347463.txt (53.6 KB, 7 downloads)