Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Door Locks for TS4 - Version 3c

by scumbumbo Posted 7th Apr 2015 at 8:55 AM - Updated 19th Aug 2018 at 9:36 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Dec 4, 2015 game patch

1070 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 552 Feedback Posts, 517 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 41 of 43
Test Subject
#1001 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 2:43 PM
i cant get this mod works but im pretty sure i installed it correctly? can someone help me please?
Test Subject
#1002 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 1:43 PM
It's not compatible with the restaurant pack. I had an issue whit my cooks not doing their job and doing whatever other stuff in the restaurant like sitting at the bar. The customers where waiting forever and never had their meals. However the mod was doing its job with the door locks. I removed this mod and it fixed the issue with the restaurants.
Test Subject
#1003 Old 26th Jul 2016 at 8:57 PM
To put it simply, this mod needs a new update. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1004 Old 3rd Aug 2016 at 3:39 PM
PLEASE UPDATE! This mod is so necessary and wonderful!
Test Subject
#1005 Old 8th Aug 2016 at 3:21 AM
No longer works and I do NOT have Dine Out... Back to Sims 3 where you don't even NEED a mod for locks.
Test Subject
#1006 Old 17th Aug 2016 at 7:15 AM
Add me to the list of people having problems with Dine Out due to this mod. Trial and error proved that it somehow prevents my chefs from cooking, but no other mods I have made conflicts. Great mod anyway, thank you, but please update!
Scholar
#1007 Old 19th Aug 2016 at 10:56 PM Last edited by Morphar : 20th Aug 2016 at 2:23 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lyra74
No longer works and I do NOT have Dine Out... Back to Sims 3 where you don't even NEED a mod for locks.

I don't have Dine Out either but Get Together and Get To Work. This mod works OK for me.
What exactly is not working for you?
Where did you put it?
Scholar
#1008 Old 27th Aug 2016 at 5:11 AM Last edited by Morphar : 30th Aug 2016 at 9:15 AM.
I found a small drawback of this mod. Some downloaded houses have not defined the correct default entrance door. Visitors walks in from the backside. Normally you click the front door and select it as the default entrance. With the mod in you can't change that setting.

Edit:
The above is not always the case.
Test Subject
#1009 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 1:32 AM
I have the same problem
Test Subject
#1010 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 1:38 AM Last edited by benjamin_bova : 31st Aug 2016 at 1:55 AM.
Dine Out doesn't work due to this mod: chefs don't cook just hang out, and are not "Manageable". installed properly, removed each mod that i have and backed "nomod" saves, so i'm 100% positive.

Pity, though..mod is so much better than default system.. kudos!
Field Researcher
#1011 Old 1st Sep 2016 at 12:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Morphar
I found a small drawback of this mod. Some downloaded houses have not defined the correct default entrance door. Visitors walks in from the backside. Normally you click the front door and select it as the default entrance. With the mod in you can't change that setting.

Edit:
The above is not always the case.

You know you can just open the lot in build mode and remove the doors which will let you define any entrance you want lol.

And yeah this mod is bugged with dine out, Still works on normal lots just not on restaurants.
Test Subject
#1012 Old 6th Oct 2016 at 10:30 PM
Hello, I followed your steps and even watched the video of the mod review and it still doesn't work. This is not a mod I can live without. This is a must.
Test Subject
#1013 Old 21st Oct 2016 at 7:13 PM
Same as benjamin_bova, chefs won't work if I have this mod. So sad
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#1014 Old 26th Oct 2016 at 10:37 PM
up !!!!

Please update the mod..... Not work with dine out.... please update pleasse !!!
Test Subject
#1015 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 11:40 PM
Default Calling All Qualified Modders
I know the work you all do is from your souls and time consuming, to say the least. I, like so many others extremely appreciate your works. Even more than that, we come to depend on the various projects you produce for the enhancement of our down time. Thus, we are utterly helpless when something breaks or ceases to function for reasons beyond our control. For myself, I can speak to feeling a sense of abandonment. Of course, I'm in touch with reality, so I know its not true abandonment because its not personal in anyway, but it is abandonment just the same and I don't think I'm alone in this feeling.

Having said all that, I am making a heartfelt plea to anyone of the many capable modders out there to please repair this mod. Again, I'm aware that what is being asked requires your taking time from all that's already on your plate (which is probably a smorgasbord of TTD). But its been months since this mod has seen an update. I have some minor coding/testing abilities as I used to be a software tester and did a brief minor in programming (unfinished, however). Nonetheless, I am willing to try my hand at deciphering the code and making any updates required. Granted, I will need support to undertake this endeavor, but I am willing if no one else has time.

With sincerity and appreciation.
Test Subject
#1016 Old 4th Nov 2016 at 11:52 PM
Default Calling All Qualified Modders
I know the work you all do is from your souls and time consuming, to say the least. I, like so many others extremely appreciate your works. Even more than that, we come to depend on the various projects you produce for the enhancement of our down time. Thus, we are utterly helpless when something breaks or ceases to function for reasons beyond our control. For myself, I can speak to feeling a sense of abandonment. Of course, I'm in touch with reality, so I know its not true abandonment because its not personal in anyway, but it is abandonment just the same and I don't think I'm alone in this feeling.

Having said all that, I am making a heartfelt plea to anyone of the many capable modders out there to please repair this mod. Again, I'm aware that what is being asked requires your taking time from all that's already on your plate (which is probably a smorgasbord of TTD). But its been months since this mod has seen an update. I have some minor coding/testing abilities as I used to be a software tester and did a brief minor in programming (unfinished, however). Nonetheless, I am willing to try my hand at deciphering the code and making any updates required. Granted, I will need support to undertake this endeavor, but I am willing if no one else has time.

With sincerity and appreciation.
Test Subject
#1017 Old 24th Nov 2016 at 2:03 PM
I'd like to report that with the patch before City Life exspansion, this mod has bug in which you can not set a door as the front door. The ability to knock on the door of a Sim's house is missing and the option to set a front door is greyed out claiming multiple doors in a house are already set as a front door. I've tried deleting doors and placing new ones, but it doesn't change anything. I have no other mods that alter locks or doors and removing the mod allows those options to be used.
Lab Assistant
#1018 Old 27th Nov 2016 at 5:45 PM Last edited by lara.shaw : 20th Feb 2017 at 3:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by tanakaki
I'd like to report that with the patch before City Life exspansion, this mod has bug in which you can not set a door as the front door. The ability to knock on the door of a Sim's house is missing and the option to set a front door is greyed out claiming multiple doors in a house are already set as a front door. I've tried deleting doors and placing new ones, but it doesn't change anything. I have no other mods that alter locks or doors and removing the mod allows those options to be used.

Yes, I noticed that, too. It's a shame, because the one thing missing, from building your own custom apartment lots, is the ability, to define which sims have access, to which unit. A custom door lock would be oh so helpful! I'm wondering if it could be coded, for, say, "lock all except current sims and keyholders."
Scholar
#1019 Old 8th Dec 2016 at 10:17 AM
Hello, I'm aware that this mod is half broken, but I still continue to use it. Does anybody know if it works with Vintage Glamour stuff? I'm afraid the new butler door lock from that pack might break this mod even further (but I don't know, as I'm no modder myself).
Field Researcher
#1020 Old 9th Dec 2016 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Enki
Hello, I'm aware that this mod is half broken, but I still continue to use it. Does anybody know if it works with Vintage Glamour stuff? I'm afraid the new butler door lock from that pack might break this mod even further (but I don't know, as I'm no modder myself).

Unfortunately this mod is fully dead now. when traveling with a sim and entering another home lot, the option to knock on the door is gone. All that you can do now is set lock styles there.. which considering it's not your house that option shouldn't be there anyway. . So yeah no longer beneficial to anyone to download it. Pretty sure the last update completely broke it.
Scholar
#1021 Old 13th Dec 2016 at 1:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nautica187
Unfortunately this mod is fully dead now. when traveling with a sim and entering another home lot, the option to knock on the door is gone. All that you can do now is set lock styles there.. which considering it's not your house that option shouldn't be there anyway. . So yeah no longer beneficial to anyone to download it. Pretty sure the last update completely broke it.

I still use the mod despite the not being able to knock issue. I rarely visit other sims and if I do, it is usually via the club meeting option. But I seem to be the last simmer in the world to use this mod
Test Subject
#1022 Old 14th Dec 2016 at 12:29 PM
my mod doesn't work anymore.. i didn't change anything in my game or folders, but it suddenly doesn't work anymore. Can you make an updated version and also add ''Lock for Household''? i love this mod but no idea where the bug is.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1023 Old 15th Dec 2016 at 11:59 PM
Perfect! Helps with the privacy for a big family. :)
Scholar
#1024 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 12:31 AM
I found a workaround for the not being able to knock at a neighbors door
When traveling to a residential lot, choose at least one member of the household you want to visit to travel along with you. When you arrive at your destination, the house will be accessable without needing to knock. Hope that helps!
Scholar
#1025 Old 21st Dec 2016 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tanakaki

That was fixed in October 27 patch:
Quote:
We fixed an issue that was causing the Set as Front Door interaction to become missing on homes with a raised foundation.
Page 41 of 43