Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:16 AM
Setting the occult_vampire trait as a requirement is doable, but it would essentially loop through every trait in the game until it finds a match. At which point, you might as well make age lengths customizable on a per-trait basis (hence my aging_speed_multiplier idea)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hadron1776
Setting the occult_vampire trait as a requirement is doable, but it would essentially loop through every trait in the game until it finds a match. At which point, you might as well make age lengths customizable on a per-trait basis (hence my aging_speed_multiplier idea)

Yeah, but I read it as you're not really able to do that until EA implements something similar, probably for another occult type. Or did I misread that post?
Test Subject
#28 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:29 AM
What I'm thinking, is that we already have this:
Code:
    def _is_aging_disabled_common(self):
        if self.lod == SimInfoLODLevel.MINIMUM:
            return True
        current_age = self._base.age
        if any(not trait.can_age_up(current_age) for trait in self.trait_tracker):
            return True
        if self._age_suppression_alarm_handle is not None:
            return True
        return False

So, what if I took the age transition thresholds that already exist, and feed them to each trait the sim has, multiplying the threshold amounts by the value each trait supplies (I know we can already do this kind because of the 'mood_effect_mapping' on buffs). Then you'd end up with a new list of age transition thresholds, and the age time for the current age is pulled from the new list instead of the default tuned one. Note that this is speculation at the moment; I'd need to test this theory when I get the time)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:40 AM
What I'm thinking, is that we already have this:
So, what if I took the age transition thresholds that already exist, and feed them to each trait the sim has, multiplying the threshold amounts by the value each trait supplies (I know we can already do this kind because of the 'mood_effect_mapping' on buffs). Then you'd end up with a new list of age transition thresholds, and the age time for the current age is pulled from the new list instead of the default tuned one. Note that this is speculation at the moment; I'd need to test this theory when I get the time)

Yeah that's sorta what I had in mind for the new aging.tuning file for vampires. Obviously this is how you would actually get it to work. If you could test it out when you get a chance, that would be great.
Test Subject
#30 Old 22nd May 2017 at 5:44 AM Last edited by Hadron1776 : 22nd May 2017 at 6:38 AM.
The only hitch is that I'm not really sure how to override the valid tunables list. Maybe I'll just have to copy-paste the entire Trait class... but that seems like overkill

EDIT: Well, I seem to have confused 'straightforward' with 'easy to implement'. Lol. Well, then...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#31 Old 24th May 2017 at 6:02 AM
The only hitch is that I'm not really sure how to override the valid tunables list. Maybe I'll just have to copy-paste the entire Trait class... but that seems like overkill

EDIT: Well, I seem to have confused 'straightforward' with 'easy to implement'. Lol. Well, then...

Did you get it working, then?
Test Subject
#32 Old 24th May 2017 at 7:46 PM
I'll try again. :D
Test Subject
#33 Old 25th May 2017 at 6:23 AM
Well, now I got it to say vampires age 5x longer than human sims :D
It's so much easier to just hard-code the stuff in the script :P
Test Subject
#34 Old 26th May 2017 at 5:54 PM
Uploaded mod.
Page 2 of 2