Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st May 2023 at 7:32 PM
Default Career issues
Hello, in the Sims 3, one thing really annoyed me with the career system. Firstly, sims that were retired with pensions would be assigned new jobs by the game and lose their pension, all because it determines that empty positions of co-workers for certain careers must be fulfilled. But what if I want my elder sims to remain retried? Is there a mod to ensure retired sims are not assigned new jobs?
Because of the system of bosses and co-workers (which I hate), it means when a random boss is assigned, a sim may be automatically promoted to level 5, even though I might want them at a lower level. Do any mods exist to remove bosses and co-workers? If they do, I'd be thankful. I know mods to exist to keep sims forever unemployed (to prevent the game giving them new jobs), but I want to know if this can be removed entirely. This is concerning the game with story mode turned off. Thanks.
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 1st May 2023 at 11:21 PM
These give you options and I know one of them is retired. https://www.nraas.net/community/Careers
I think you can use Story Progression to make sure they do not progress
@igazor might be able to better explain this.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd May 2023 at 1:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
These give you options and I know one of them is retired. https://www.nraas.net/community/Careers
I think you can use Story Progression to make sure they do not progress
@igazor might be able to better explain this.

I have read through these mods and while they're helpful, I can't see one that keeps retired sims their pensions.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 4th May 2023 at 5:43 PM
It looks like by default, NRAAS Storyprogression does not retire elders but you can set it, so it does. Seems you need the NRAAS Career, NRASS Storyprogression and the Storyprogression Career module to tie them together.

1. Options: Retirement
Assign Self Employed Retirement
Whether to assign self-employment jobs to retired sims
Default: True
Hidden by: "Assign Self Employed Careers" = False

2. Maximum Per Level Active Career Pension
Defines the maximum amount to pay in pension for each level of a sim's retired career
This only applies to Active Careers, whose pensions are variable
Default: 50

3. Retire Elders At Maximum Level
When enabled, elders are retired once they reach maximum career level
Default: False
Module: Career StoryProgression

4. Manage Coworkers
When enabled, the system will assign coworkers to inactive sims who normally don't receive them

So disabling 1 and 4, and enabling 3 should solve the problem. It's worth a try.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th May 2023 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
It looks like by default, NRAAS Storyprogression does not retire elders but you can set it, so it does. Seems you need the NRAAS Career, NRASS Storyprogression and the Storyprogression Career module to tie them together.

1. Options: Retirement
Assign Self Employed Retirement
Whether to assign self-employment jobs to retired sims
Hidden by: "Assign Self Employed Careers" = False

2. Maximum Per Level Active Career Pension
Defines the maximum amount to pay in pension for each level of a sim's retired career
This only applies to Active Careers, whose pensions are variable
Default: 50

3. Retire Elders At Maximum Level
When enabled, elders are retired once they reach maximum career level
Default: False

4. Manage Coworkers
When enabled, the system will assign coworkers to inactive sims who normally don't receive them

So disabling 1 and 4, and enabling 3 should solve the problem. It's worth a try.

Thank you. So will disabling the fourth option make the game not assign co-workers who were prior unemployed or retired? That really bugged me.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 4th May 2023 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NeutralWarlock246
Thank you. So will disabling the fourth option make the game not assign co-workers who were prior unemployed or retired? That really bugged me.

I don't really know, sorry. These were just the options I found in the documentation.
You will have to try it out.
If it doesn't work, you can still unassign jobs with Master controller individually.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 13th May 2023 at 4:00 PM
It seems the new version of Simler's core mod is taking care of your problem.
https://modthesims.info/d/659969/si...y-core-mod.html

UPDATE 189: Whenever the game attempts to make a sim get a job in any way, the game will now only consider retired sims if the sim in question is retired from a self-employed career, or if the sim is retired at level 5 or below and their household is currently broke. This should make retired sims much more resistant to becoming employed again.
Method: Socializing.SocialComponent::FindSimsOfRelationshipType
ActiveCareer.ActiveCareers.NPCShowManager::BasicNPCTest
PerformanceObjects.ShowStage::ValidPerformer
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 29th May 2023 at 12:36 AM
Hello all, thank you for the useful information and links.
Can I also ask, is it possible to retire an elderly sim more than once from a career, like it is in the Sims 2?