Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#1976 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 4:38 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 5th Jul 2018 at 3:40 PM.
Played for a few minutes and Skull went to the Tsukino residence. He saw great potential in Chibi-Usa and consulted with Usagi and Mamoru on sending her to art school.

That was about it.

The flour and paint messes struck Skull as the potential for his recommendation.

However, these "Jackson Pollack temper tantrums" are easy to spot in the Parenthood pack. Why Skull asked Usagi and Mamoru if they at the school could put Chibi Usa in a beginner class.

(Most of this is interpreted by the conversation bubbles.)

Either Chibi Usa is a prodigy or a spoiled brat.

Oddly enough, IRL, Skull's actor, Jason Narvy played Skull for the majority of his career, with a few deviations as a voice actor for the Saban Masked Rider series and in a low budget action film played a thief, which he looked...off (his hair was bleached, very brassy). He currently is a teacher in the Drama department of a Chicago university. He is usually called to New Zealand, mainly to play Skull.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Scholar
#1977 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 5:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
@spidergirl79 I think that those eyelashes on the sim (first picture) looks very fitting!
I liked less the eyelashes on the many Henries ^_^

Thanks! I like both eyelashes to be honest, I dont think these lashes suit all eye shapes.

Besides that, while they don't curl, they're REALLY long!

Maybe he's born with it. Maybe its Maybelline! I mean seriously don't you hate this guy? I wish my lashes were that long.

Quote: Originally posted by Craft90
Eye lashes is a funny thing... I know it's realistic for even men to have eye lashes. But when I use them on men I just think they look so feminine... Are there any CC eye lashes which is shorter and not as wavy? I use Kijiko's currently.

I HAAATE EA's eyelashes, for every version of the game! I use Kijiko's too, I use the shortest possible for the men. I don't really find them feminine myself... unless I used the long curled ones. I find as long as the bottom row is not too long and thick, it can still look fairly masculine. But... that's just my own opinion! :D
Forum Resident
#1978 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 5:33 PM
My starving writer Austin McRae now has $90,000 -- not because he married rich or anything, but because I publish EVERY THING HE WRITES and he's been successful at the Writer career, too. He's bringing home $4000 every day between the job and royalties. It helps that he never buys anything and still lives in the four-room starter home. Even so, I think this game is going to give kids the wrong idea of how easy it is to go from struggling writer to Michael Crichton/John Grisham.

(His royalties range from $1 to $300, but there's DOZENS of them so it adds up!)
Forum Resident
#1979 Old 5th Jul 2018 at 8:49 PM
Default A Perfect Last Day
Freya is still a young adult because not pumping plasma through your veins keeps them surprisingly fresh but her husband Sergio had seen better days. He had already took one youth potion before the game told me he was about to die for a second time and the household was full... it was time to say good bye to his simlish burdens. I planned one last, romantic day for the perfect couple (Freya's first aspiration had been "Soul Mate" and Sergio had helped to complete it before she decided to become a "Master Vampire").
They re-newed their wedding vows at an expenisve club hotel and promised to love each other until death do them part (Is that how you write it? That sounds wrong but I'm not a native speaker...) which was quite ironic looking back.

Although it hasn't gotten any special animations, I really do like this interaction...

They celebrated the occasion by woo-hooing...a lot. Knowing my play style of keeping my sims busy 24/7, this was probably more than they had had their entire marital life combined.

Puppet Queen disapproves...

Eventually, even the active Sergio who had done sports his entire life couldn't keep up with his vampire wife's hunger anymore and he suddenly felt his age take a cold grip on his whole body.

Freya placed his urn right next to her coffin where she already had hung portraits of all adult sims of the household. Thinking about outliving almost all of her family members made her cry even more but it was a soothing thought that she would be able to visit them whenver she needed a rest from life herself.

Looking back, Sergio Bellator (formally Romeo) has had a good run
He even helped produce this master piece of a stalkerish, wanna-be hot dark elven (at least fourty-year old) vampire daughter with a toddler trait. That's something to be proud of...kind of.
Forum Resident
#1980 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 5:42 AM
Little Katherine has finally found love that's not part-time. After Austin McRae married her virtual aunt, April, he brought his son Klaus with him. Klaus is a rising rookie, no longer an awkward kid, and they hit it off. Now there's another baby in the family, Elizabeth, but Austin is dead so everyone is a little confused as to how happy or depressed they should be. April earned a Black Widow achievement, which..have I really married her off five times? I can't remember. O_O

In honor of little Elizabeth, I am now installing Parenthood to raise her right.
Scholar
#1981 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 6:04 AM
So Aine gave birth to a baby boy. Now Juan David has two sons, Jorge via abduction and Alejandro, who is a hybrid.

So Fionn got abducted by aliens...guess his mom wants to know why he's still single.

Am I the only one that thinks it's funny that Fionn thinks getting abducted by aliens is awesome because ALIENS! Um dude, you are an alien, you're in a networking club FOR aliens, your twin is an alien...

So my sims didn't win the lottery, but an homeless alien CLONE named Kennedy did. I checked her household funds (3 sims) and it's at 1,018,000, so I'm guessing the jackpot is 1 mil. The lotto said something about how Kennedy will now have all these unknown cousins lined up and suitors ect ... and what happens but she invites FIONN out to party so I thought, Fionn boy, this is your chance to get a girl and strike it rich. Watch though...she'll move in and none of her winnings will be transferred. -_-

They did hit it off so maybe that's where I'll take it. Maybe I'll stay with this house hold a little longer before moving on so Fionn can marry her. She's been in the game long enough. However I might have to change her traits using that reward item because she's got nothing redeemable, being a clone...(A clone I might add that was created by Fionn's half brother, Padraig! Thanks for the wife, bro)
Forum Resident
#1982 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 7:35 PM
I've created a save called "Pleasantview", and have moved in the Pleasant family. Daniel and Mary-Sue are a young couple with twin girls, Angela and Lilith. Daniel is romantic, but primarily obsessed with bodybuilding, and in honor of his frustrated father's desire to go to SimMars, Daniel is an astronaut. Mary Sue is trying a career as a comedian. Amusing enough, both fixate on Angela and ignore little Lilith. I have moved them into a house with a layout that is reminiscient of their Sims 2 home, though it is NOT a recreation in any sense. It only has one story. I've walled off that space with Daniel's gym equipment and the staircase and made it the girls' bedroom for the time being. They've already met the Goths.

I also made Bob Newbie and Michael Bachelor for this neighborhood, but am not sure where else I will go. I'll make Claire Charming, too, I think. Always liked Claire. Her little house was the first thing I saw when I installed Sims Unleashed.

In my main save, "Friends and Strangers", all of the second-gen kids are now dead of old age, leaving the third and fourth in charge. I FINALLY BUILT A ROOF! I've been struggling with the Sims 4 build tools,

Screenshots:
Daniel and Mary Sue. Whenever I cross over characters from one game to another (as I do a lot) I don't try to make them look exactly like the character, just enough that I don't do a double-take. They're approximations, really.
"Notawful": my first attempt at a roof
"Erinandklaus" A Brother and sister pair who are my in-game favorites at the moment.
"Trio" is an earlier example of what I mean by approximation...this time, it's Angela, Lilith, and Lucy in The Sims 3. Lucy is talking to a guy who is actually a recreation of one of my favorite CAS sims from original game.
Screenshots
Scholar
#1983 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 11:40 PM
Okay. SO much drama going on in my game. Okay, so Fionn asked Kennedy to move in with them and so that's that. I'm going to wed them on love day.

In the mean time, I went to click on the baby but I couldn't find the crib. I clicked on the baby's picture and the game zoomed far out to a rock formation in the park across the street (new crest)... by the water. WTF how did the baby get there?
I panicked and tried removing all my mods. Baby still stuck. Tried adding a new crib. Baby still stuck. Last thing I tried was moving them to an empty lot and then the baby reappeared. I aged him up (3 days early oh well) and moved them back to their original (now empty) house. I bulldozed the empty house and placed the original furnished house. Except now it was over 100,000$ and they couldn't afford their own house? So I said #### it and I cheated the money because THE GAME tried to murder my baby so to hell with it! Here is a picture of the distance between their house and the baby's location in the park. I could not SEE the baby... It was IN the rocks!

When shovelling snow, it's always best not to dump the snow into the house

It was Family Day (my version of winterfest) and Juan David gave his wife Aine a Simray gun. She wasn't impressed so she froze him.

With the drama surrounding the missing baby, when I moved the household they lost their holiday progress and got sad moodlets for having a bad holiday. I was so pissed I just deleted the sad moodlet because #### you EA for trying to kidnap Alejandro.

So I switched households after this...Went to play my son Padraig because his twins Deaglan and Cairan are brothers to Fionn and Aine and should be older by now... anyway... the butler was in bed and randomly stood up to die.

My poor precious Padraig (he's my favorite son okay lol) got kidnapped by aliens only on day 2 of playing him and he came close to death because he was only wearing a button down shirt and slacks or jeans when he was kidnapped. I was so panicked that I woke up his wife and gave her a death flower to plead for Padraig in teh event that he succumbed to the cold. But he got inside on time and is doing fine. Seriously, if being in a UFO is considered "outside" teh Gurus need to fix that!
Forum Resident
#1984 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 5:39 AM
Geoffrey Landgraab suddenly died today of mysterious causes, leaving Nancy and her son Malcolm in distress when they realized their piddling salaries wouldn't pay the $9000 / wk bills. Both had a friend in Lester Hillary, however, a local hacker of dodgy hygiene who was willing to move in with the Landgraabs, provided he could bring his son Darth Tyranus with him.

Of course, Lester is no struggling hacker. His small desert home and its pitifully generic furnishings disguise the fact that he is the notorious KH@N, a hacker topping law enforcement's most wanted lists who heads his own growing criminal organisation, complete with a couple of mooks living in his apartment who do all the cleaning and repairing. (Not the cooking, however. Lester is an amazing chef who would never eat anything inferior, even if his shower has lifeforms growing inside it.) Now with the whole of the Landgraab estate at his command, with the slight infatuation of Nancy and the hero-worship of Malcolm to support his ambitions, Lester -- the KH@N -- has but one objective. POWERRRRRRRR! UNLIMITED POWERRRRRRRR!
Scholar
#1985 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 7:23 AM
Ive got a lot of updates but some of them are just funny pics, ya know?

When you can't shake that feeling that someone is watching you

I expanded the greenhouse at FutureSim Labs and created a covered outdoor patio for eating lunch and playing chess...

Speaking of Gardens, Padraig's greenhouse is coming along nicely.

New Years Eve went nicely. We had a nice ham grand meal, Padraig got drunk (mod), and some friends visited.

Padraig got abducted again and again.. I realised this because he has a hidden buff that is Abduction_rate_very_high. Other sims, like his dad are just at rate_medium, and Henry is Rate_very_low (Which surprises me becuase he used to get abducted a lot.

So we had Prank Day. That was fun. My self sim came over to visit.

So here you can see inside the UFO what the abductee looks like. KNEEL before your alien overlord!
Scholar
#1986 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 5:09 PM
Can someone even play with so many bugs?
my game breaks every other day now
Forum Resident
#1987 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 5:25 PM

Are you updating all of your main script and core mods after each patch? Because if not, then yeah. You'll get borkage.
Scholar
#1988 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by terula8
Are you updating all of your main script and core mods after each patch? Because if not, then yeah. You'll get borkage.

My mods are fine
I got some known EA game-breaking bug that no one can figure out how to solve, and EA doesn't seem to work on solving it either.
Mad Poster
#1989 Old 13th Jul 2018 at 6:08 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 14th Jul 2018 at 5:22 PM.
Lately, I have been having trouble dividing my free time between Pokémon and The Sims

In Pokémon Ultra Sun...
...it left a thriller impression.

I may just reseparate the SATW house into a separate file and let them sort out their global affair.

I kind of ducked into one of the houses and then a few went to the Romance Festival but stopped while in the festival, saved and quit.

Still, If I can find a way to get to play my PC games, my handhelds and watch a movie without losing track, I might be able to get things done.

But all I did was strand a household at a festival.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Forum Resident
#1990 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 6:04 AM
After three attempts, Sage Roarke managed to serve three gourmet dishes at a dinner party. Because she lives alone, she had to be host and cook, and I decided to try starting the meals before the party, then finishing them (stopping before she got to the stove) once the party was kicked off. Sage completed her third aspiration (the first one, Renaissance Sim, was difficult, but because she has so many skills now the others were easier) by getting those meals done -- and she had a silver medal for the dinner party. She's a recreation of one of my favorite SIms 3 sims, one who tested most of the expansion packs for me and who lives with her daughter (a clone of herself), her granddaughter (a clone of herself), a great-granddaughter (a clone of herself), and a couple of actual grandkids because her daughter-clone was weird and insisted on having a relationship with someone. I'm planning on having Sims 4- Sage go for the Science career so she can date and alien and clone herself, a la her Sims 3 iteration. But first, she has to earn another 100K for her fourth aspiration, so she's writing cookbooks like mad.
Forum Resident
#1991 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 7:03 AM

I had this bug where your pets line up thousands of interactions while standing next to a sim but they've fixed that in the last patch. So, maybe there's hope they'll address yours soon? Still plums.
Scholar
#1992 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 1:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
I had this bug where your pets line up thousands of interactions while standing next to a sim but they've fixed that in the last patch. So, maybe there's hope they'll address yours soon? Still plums.

Yeah, only that they didn't REALLY fixed the petting issue
https://youtu.be/JEPqCzw4POI?t=37m

LittleMsSam have a real fix for it if you want

I'll keep waiting tho.. found some way around it for the meantime.
Mad Poster
#1993 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 1:59 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 17th Jul 2018 at 10:04 AM.
Resumed playing TS4

The SATW (Scandinavia and the World) Nordic family is back from the festival. Finland resumed his "Hotaru Has 3 Mommies" book and evidently, he added all sorts of things involved the non-nuclear family structures such as skip generation (when grandparents assume custody in the event parents are unable to) and single families that co-parent.

Oh. He stepped away. Well, the Finnish have their reasons and for a Hot Head, I don't want to push his limits. (In the comics, he was known to be seen with a bottle of alcohol in one hand and a knife in the other and never really spoke beyond a Finnish swear word and he would only say the word if his ability to control his fellow Nordic nations fell through. In fact, it was pointed out he was friends once with Sweden but something came between them.)

Denmark lit a fire safely in the fire place. Norway is enjoying it. (Denmark and Norway are on a bromance sort of level in the comics)

As for Finland, turned out he has a finished and published copy of the book he wrote "Hotaru Has 3 Mommies". I checked his inventory and it is some of his best work on addressing various family structures in various first world civilizations.

I guess I might play with this house again, but maybe I better separate the worlds again.

My reality: Contains real humans and actors from live action shows
SATW: Contains the characters from Scandinavia and the World by the artist Humon
Anime Dimension: Contains animated characters.

Then again, I'm pretty busy with this week. Back in June, I was diagnosed with flat feet and my orthotics are ready, so I am going to spend tomorrow and Wednesday doing a save that is best for my ideas.

Forum Resident
#1994 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 3:30 AM
Yeah, only that they didn't REALLY fixed the petting issue
https://youtu.be/JEPqCzw4POI?t=37m

LittleMsSam have a real fix for it if you want

I'll keep waiting tho.. found some way around it for the meantime.

Thanks, I'l take a look at this fix but ATM the patch is working for me. Haven't seen it happening again. But I haven't played that much (work, good weather and Zelda Breath of the Wild lol) so maybe that's why. I'm going to have a session today.
Scholar
#1995 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 9:11 AM
So Deaglan and Ciaran (Declan and Kiaran) aged up to teen! Yay! These are Padraig's sons.

They are identical twins so I decided to give them different looks to tell them apart. If only I could remember which one I gave which hair color to...I kind of like the white hair. Creepy. But I like it.

So Deaglan and Ciaran are 3/4 siblings to Fionn and Aine...

So Deaglan, Ciaran, Fionn and Aine share the same alien mother and their dads are these two:

I believe this alien mother of the four children have at least ONE more baby, and I think he's by another relative of Colin/Padraig... So much family drama.

The other big news is that Fionn proposed to Kennedy:
Mad Poster
#1996 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 3:52 PM
Well, in my 3 saves

In the human world save, it's sparse.

In the SATW world save, the Nordic boys and Brother and Sister Brazil are next door (According to the comics, Sister Brazil debuted in 2016, during the 2016 Rio Olympic Games involving the issue of bad accommodations and Brother Brazil appears in 2018 during the World Cup in Russia as a character who made a mess and Brother Japan is to clean up under obligation. (The comment was about the cleaning traditions, which I can confirm is a yes, learning to clean and keeping places clean is normal. In Japan, secondary schools don't have janitors, so student are to clean their classrooms at day's end) However, I never heard of athletes cleaning up after the locker room was used.)

In the anime world save: The Matsuno sextuplets are doing fine.

Scholar
#1997 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:10 PM
I started a new game (modified Newcrest challenge) with a teen. I've not played much with teens in the past. The mood swings are too realistic! Luna was my friend, but then she and her Paragon buddies turned on me with no reason except a random moodswing. I remember girls like Luna and her buddies giving me this look when I was a teen.

I'm using Cosmic gender ray, so the Bergsenn teen looks a bit different. She has a masculine looking body, but is otherwise the same. Luna has a feminine body, but can get people pregnant! I was hoping that she'd be my legacy wife. But she turned against me. So did her dopey brother. Only that mean brooding Dustin has been nice to my sim. Feh. Malcolm Landgraab was promising, but in my game he can get pregnant, but can't get people pregnant. Maybe he'll marry Luna...bah.

This challenge has been fun. With the teen mood swings, I feel less in control and my sim can't easily just pick someone and marry them off the bat.
Scholar
#1998 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 1:43 AM
I decided to play my son Cillian (K sound) to age up his twin toddlers. They're close to their birthdays. On the second night, Cillian was making out with his wife and they were going to woohoo. But then he disappeared and next thing I know he's abducted by aliens. Oh no...

Not you too Cillian...

My poor precious boy!

He knows something is wrong but it's not stopping him from having fun with his son(s).

The mother of the alien baby is also mother to Mairead, Meredith, Cian, Cormac, Kaito, and Jorge.

So Meredith's father is Henry. He is not related to any of the other dads.
Jorge's father is Juan David, who is not related to any of the other dads.
Cian and Mairaid's dad is Padraig, who is uncle to Cormac, and Kaito's dads. Padraig is brother to Cillian, so that makes their alien children siblings and cousins at the same time.
Cormac's dad is Colin JR, Padraig and Cillian's nephew.
Kaito's dad is Aiden, Padraig and Cillians nephew. So Cormac and Kaito... Padraig and Cillian are their great uncles, which would make Mairead, Cian and unborn baby their siblings *and* 1st cousins once removed. LOOOOL... I think this through too much...
Mad Poster
#1999 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 7:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kewpie
I started a new game (modified Newcrest challenge) with a teen. I've not played much with teens in the past. The mood swings are too realistic!

With the teen mood swings, I feel less in control and my sim can't easily just pick someone and marry them off the bat.

Sometimes, if an anime characters was in their teens in the original work (like Gundam Wing), I usually bump them to young adult because they are pointless as teens.

Then again, with Sailor Moon characters, all but Chibi Usa are bumped to young adults or adult in Pluto's case. (Don't get me started on a cross over. I made the saves separate for good measure.)

Scholar
#2000 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 5:26 PM
I'm in trouble.
I'm currently switching between 6 families, when only 4 of them are relevant to my generation game (but I love those unrelated 2)
and even between the 4, I can't seem to be able to choose one family to focus on, and on the other end, can't play with 6 families, it's way too hard
I also can't play much with any of them this way, 'cause I need to go around and age sims up and re-build rooms etc..
especially after turning on auto age, 'cause now I have so many teens that I don't even recognize..
I don't know what to do or who would I prefer.
Page 80 of 104