Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#2001 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 12:16 AM
Cillian gave birth to a beautiful, healthy baby boy and named him Seamus (Shay-mus).

A few days later, we had Talk Like A Pirate day, which I find to be freakin' hilarious, since it's a real day and the Sims actually talk in funny voices to each other. When I worked in a coffee shop there was always that one customer every year who would come in and talk like a pirate to me for his whole visit...

Cillian and Veronica take "Talk like a pirate day" very seriously... until they start overheating that is.
And some of the activities they can do change to Pirate talk:

HEAVE HO WITH. Oh yes they did!

I'm crying with laughter at this,.. but it could be the delirium, I have strep throat. :/
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2002 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 2:32 AM
Sage Roark fulfilled her fifth aspiration, and is now onto the sixth. Serial romancing is a little awkward when her beaus keep texting her to congratulate her for becoming friends with [whoever] immediately after she's been romping in the bedroom with [whoever].
Forum Resident
#2003 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 10:27 AM
Default Rainy Days
Not much is happening in my legacy save due to the three kids taking up all of their parents time while growing up so I decided to give an update using only rainy-day screenshots (had a lot of those anyway).

Lucia had to bring Puppet Queen to the vet because she aged up to a senior. As an immortal pet, the age-down treat is a vital tool.

I really like how all the sims+the pets are are reacting to the rain...

Puppet Queen loves playing in the rain. But she definitely hates thunderstorms and tends to run away when a bolt is combined with the earthquake lot trait. All my sims were really sad when she left but she came back soon after.

Lucia playing underwater sea adventure with the twin-toddlers (Minerva and Kilhorn) while it's raining. I found that to be a funny coincidence, they're probably training for the worst case scenario.

Lucia's imaginary pirate hat is priceless...

Artemis is a child now and since she has mostly inherited her father's facial features (as far as I can tell), I've decided to dress her like a tomboy. She likes to act like one, too. I'm really looking forward to seeing her as a teen. She might glam up or stay androgynous, who knows...

Ragna is working his plum off to keep his family's money together because ever since I've installed seasons, the bills have gone up to 8-9.000. He's now level 9 of the food critic path and because his aspiration is to become a super dad, he hasn't gotten any time for himself while being at home, too. And on top of all of that, there was a puddle right on his route to his work and it wouldn't go away. He was apparently to exhausted to route around it and fell on his worked-off plum on the way back home every day.

I don't know if he was trying to get the bills lowered by saving water costs, but he definetely needed some stress relieved from him and the best way to do that was to find a job for Lucia...

...so she bought a vet clinic herself and hired her mother-in-law as help. Freya...well, she tries, but moping up puddles while it's raining and your patients are almost dying on your door step is a good represantation of how helpful she really is.

She uses the human customers as plasma juice bars, too. Worst employee ever!

WTF moment:

Ragna: "So, that's the snail monster from under your bed you've been afraid of the whole time?!"
Scholar
#2004 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 5:39 PM
Right after a birthday party of his grand-grand child turning into a teen
the grand-grand father, the oldest sim of this generation game play (besides his wife) passed away and my sims got a phone call that informs them about it. how damn sad
well, at least he was able to attend all of his grand-children weddings, and some of his grand-grand children birthdays
RIP.
Scholar
#2005 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 11:26 PM
OH BOY GREAT I am SO glad the lightning drops gems and stones sometimes because it's gonna cost a fortune to replace all this stuff the lightning DESTROYED

I got this great looking eye patch from pralinesims on that site we all hate. But now we are more prepared than ever for talk like a pirate day!

Ran into myself sim and her son Diarmuid (Deer-mid) at the vet clinic. Now you can see that while she loves him, he's not mummy's favorite.
Mad Poster
#2006 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 1:06 AM
In the Scandinavia and the World save, Brother Sweden isn't really getting along with the Brazilian siblings, but Brother Norway was all the more pleased to meet them. Brother Finland was caught playing Sims Forever. Brothers Iceland and Denmark were talking to the Potty Mouth 2.0. Only those two could carry on conversation with the AI of a smart toilet.

P.S. If I ever use such a toilet, my rankings would be at the highest. I rank bathrooms in various shops and doctor's offices

Soon the Nordic Sisters will appear, but will the beautiful buxom Sister Sweden drive a wedge between the friendship her brother has with Brother Finland and what becomes of Brother Sweden?

Tune into "The International World" next time for all that and more...

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#2007 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 10:25 AM
Cillian's toddler twin boys aged up to kid. Left kid (in pic) looks like his dad and right kid looks like the mom)

Funny thing about those boys is, every morning, when they were toddlers, they'd eat their breakfast on the wicker couch on the porch. On days when there was thunderstorm, this was no exception. Except, that, the second they sat down to eat, they realised it was a storm, they freaked out, and ran back inside, where they'd eat on the floor instead. EVERY. MORNING. (I had about 4 days in a row of thunderstorms)

I also aged up his toddler alien son and he looks EXACTLY like him except maybe the nose is a bit different.

Anyway I am now playing my son Lorcon (I have FIVE sons, and one daughter plus 2 via abduction with my self-sim husband) and it's nice to play him again after a long absence.

His daughter Adelaide is so cute. His wife is Sofia Bjergsen.
Forum Resident
#2008 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 4:59 AM
My uber-sim Sage completed her sixth aspiration today by painting a picture of her latest romantic conquest immediately after the act. The painting was her fifth masterpiece, but I felt more accomplished at her latest romance: the beau was Unflirty and SERIOUSLY hard to get. Even "Beguile" didn't do much.

Sage has subsequently completed her seventh aspiration, to be a super-writer, and has abandoned her very lucrative celeb chef position ($430 an hour) to be..tech support. Reaching level 5 of the tech guru career is required for her to complete her third Knowledge aspiration. She has 2 million followers and 10 programming, so it'll really just be a matter of waiting for the job performance. Once she gets to become an eSport gamer, I hope the Livestream option unlocks. With 2 million followers she should convert her measely $500,000 into real cash pretty quickly. I moved in a couple of her teen friends together (Yuki Behr and Cassandra Goth) because they keep inviting her to party, and it's a little odd for teenage girls to want to party with a grown person. My solution is to turn said girls into young adults themselves. Then they can go yodeling or whatever it is they keep inviting her to do. One of her previous aspirations was to have 20 friends, so she gets texts every night. It's really tedious when she's trying to write novels, paint masterpieces, and create video games.

It's possible the tech guru one might be her last aspiration that I really focus on, although it'd make sense to go for 10. Maybe I could do the mansion one..Sage still lives in her starter house, and the only items she buys are those she needs for her skills. She doesn't even KEEP everything she has, her gym equipment is in the house inventory because she's maxed out! A lot of the other aspirations aren't attractive -- the Romance one requires her to go on public dates, but she has...um, 15 or so romantic partners already, and she can never go in public with any of them because things go awry. She always does geek-con and stuff with her no-romance friends.

Sage's completed aspirations:
Renaissance Sim, Bodybuilder, Friend of Everybody, Master Cook, Master Painter, Master Novelist, Nerd Brain (the one with computers + mechanical)

Really, once you start with Renaissance Sim it makes the rest a LOT easier -- at least, if you planned things so that the eight skills you worked on in Renaissance sim are the ones used in the following aspirations.

Screenshot: Sage is on the left,in her geekcon swag. She won a computer in the hacking contest!
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#2009 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 4:38 PM
So, the plan to turn her measely $500,000 into a cool million with livestreaming hasn't worked. I didn't realize that her four million social media followers are different than her livestreaming fanbase, which is only 40,000k. So far she's made $100 at most in a single sitting. I assume the fan numbers will go up as she continues to livestream. In the meantime, she's set herself on another quest: to win at karaoke night! Last time she only had 2 points, so now she practices anywhere and everywhere. She's even plonked down a microphone on top of her house so she can treat other sims to her covers of rock songs. Her neighbors are used to roof-top oddities, because she also has a rocket on the roof and drags all of her lovers up there to do things in the closet. Why does she keep her closet on the roof? Why does she keep a rocket on the roof? Stop asking silly questions, neighbors. One day Sage will have her million and then she can become a scientist and create clones of herself and take over the world.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#2010 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 4:43 PM
Sage decided to give up her tech guru career (again) to pursue SCIENCE! It's an odd place to work at, the science lab -- her daily instructions typically have her forcing her coworkers to change clothes (swimsuits for everyone!), or tinkering with the coffee machine, and occasionally yelling at tourists. Sage excels at controlling others and building things, so she flew through the ranks. She built a good relationship with the Inventing robot so that it woudn't snitch on her when she attempted a cloning machine. Building the cloning machine was far easier than expected, although at first she could only manage spinach. Now, at last, sh'es created a clone of her sim-self! Mwah hah hah! While her clone doesn't have her skills -- which are too many to name at this point -- she DOES have her aspiration-achieved traits! Now have I have two sims who rarely get hungry, rarely sleep, rarely eat, rarely pee or shower. Mariah did come out evil and mean, but that's all right. We'll get her an aspiration done and she'll be right as rain.

In completely unrelated news (I think) somone at the science lab set fire to the serum-synthesizer machine, and three sims were caught up in the inferno. Thankfully Sage was there with her Doctor Horrible FreezeRay Machine (TM). I don't think she set the fire..

..pretty sure she didn't. She did have a Very Angry moodlet from the Red Hot serum she had to make and drink, but...nah.

Also! Sage was abducted by aliens. Perhaps because she seduced an alien and repeatedly tried to extract its DNA. She's positive the replicant is an alien because they have brain powers and talk about human food, but the being has not yet exposed itself. Not sure how to do that -- the're already Good Friends. I'm going to keep hammering away at them and they'll crack, I'm sure. Sage didn't get pregnant from the alien, but I think it's nice that she gets to woo-hoo with aliens just like her Sims3-self did. (Her sims3-self only had one romance, with the alien she encountered after being abducted. Her sims3-self also lives in a house with several of her clones. Sage is a little eccentric... )
Forum Resident
#2011 Old 25th Jul 2018 at 7:01 PM
Try bringing the alien in an extreme mood like very flirty or uncomfortable because than he or she will start to glow in the colour of their emotion and that's a fast way to discover the fact that they're from a different planet.
Mad Poster
#2012 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 1:31 AM
In The Altered Reality, where my simself, my parents' simselves, simselves of favorite celebrities and a Sim manifestation of a man I saw in a dream a few months back...

Benny, the man from the dream was upset, pretty damn jealous when Bill moved out of the cramped house he shared with Neil and Michio and into my house. I did something I never thought I would do: I asked Benny to just be friends. He was livid. And no matter how many times he watched public Access reruns of "Seinfeld" (with a more ethnically diverse cast) or "I Love Lucy", it was just him seething that I was sharing the house with two men who he felt were his rival.

Now, Dana and Bill have a knack for comedy and have crossdressed for laughs, but Benny is a clear and present danger to them and himself. I may kick him out and make him live in Brindleton Bay. Hope he likes fighting for the catch of the day...

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#2013 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 1:48 AM
Sofia and Lorcan welcomed another baby, a son named Iver. Iver is a Danish name. I gave him a Danish name because Sofia Bjergsen is Danish and so am I. Plus Lorcan is my selfsim son.

Iver grew up and the game gave him this haircut So I kept it.

The sky in Brindleton Bay during winter is just so beautiful *_*
Forum Resident
#2014 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 3:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
Try bringing the alien in an extreme mood like very flirty or uncomfortable because than he or she will start to glow in the colour of their emotion and that's a fast way to discover the fact that they're from a different planet.

I've seen the glow, but I haven't gotten any message that said "Sage has learned that so & so is an alien!", which is what I'm hoping for. Plus, said friend actively shoots brain waves at her.
Scholar
#2015 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 8:09 AM
Lorcan's daughter Adelaide aged up to child. It's now new years. Now, I am going to leave this family (to play Henry) and I'm a little sad because I've enjoyed my time here. I started playing them around late summer and now it's nearly spring. Honestly the calendar helps me better plan out my time with families and has added so much to the game for me. Anyway...

Lorcan is probably my second favorite selfsim son. He's just such a good boy, really family oriented. I think he kind of hates his job though.

Anyway. Want to see what happens when you shove snow at someone? It's really hilarious actually.
Lab Assistant
#2016 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 8:13 PM
Default Just some moments from my current legacy...
"What happens at Granite Falls, stays at Granite Falls:"

"Unless you happen to be a raccoon, then you get to move into a mansion."

"Anyway, here's Wonderwall."

As a side note, my current sim son is both a music lover and a bro so he alternately gets chat options to shove both the jocks and the geeks into lockers and I find that delightful.

"Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things." - George Carlin
Field Researcher
#2017 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 8:53 PM
Just had my first sim die, of old age of course - and the house is so gloomy! Everyone is horribly sad, and it's kind of driving me nuts. Everyone is just moping about - can't wait for some of this mood to clear! Probably will just in time for Eve to follow Adam in my genetacy. Aeric and his wife Zoe still need to have two more children, but they are currently too sad to TFB. Who knew sadness was so strong?!
Scholar
#2018 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 9:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WildIrishBanshee
Just had my first sim die, of old age of course - and the house is so gloomy! Everyone is horribly sad, and it's kind of driving me nuts. Everyone is just moping about - can't wait for some of this mood to clear! Probably will just in time for Eve to follow Adam in my genetacy. Aeric and his wife Zoe still need to have two more children, but they are currently too sad to TFB. Who knew sadness was so strong?!

Happened to me as well, last week.
sorry for your sim loss.. I hope your household will feel better soon
Lab Assistant
#2019 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 7:38 AM
My Sim Josh suddenly put on his outdoor winter clothing and went off the lot, I found him some distance away with a nieghbor. They were making a snowman together. Did they arrange this behind my back or something?
Forum Resident
#2020 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 5:15 AM
In the Friends and Strangers household, i.e. The Big House, my first Sims 4 household and a fourth or fifth-generation legacy at this point, things are getting tense. There are again too many people in the house -- five adults and two kids. I had aging turned off until I could get the toddlers their full set of skills, but tired of the constant chaos and decided to age them up. One of the adults, Liam, has decided that his five million followers and growing social media career means he deserves to turn the roof into a luxury bedroom/bathroom suite with an extensive studio for his painting and livestreaming.

The members of the house:
Liam AKA "Lisa", who became a rockstar on social media by pretending to be a girl gamer. He has 5 million followers and is aiming for ten. His partner in crime is his doppelganger sister, Lena. In public, "Lisa" can pass visually for a girl -- in the right clothes -- but the voice is a dead giveaway, so he drags Lena along with him to things like GeekCon. I pretend she does the speaking engagments. She's also the programmer of the two. I'm not sure where I got this idea, but Liam was an enthusiast joke-teller and mischief-maker as a teen, so running the girl-gamer scam was something that fit his character. He may retire it once he reaches the top, making a big reveal..

Lena, the aforementioned gamer queen . She's a knowledge sim who is currently trying to become an uber-programmer. Lena moved into the house from my first satellite, in part because she's best-best-friends with the once presumptive heir, Elizabeth. I like Lena, but she was born and raised in another household and is not eligible to be heir.

Elizabeth...*sigh*. Elizabeth was my favorite as a kid, but as an adult she just hasn't popped any personality. Her kid sister [b]Anne[b] is a little better: having developed an interest in going to space, she's now reprising her great-great-grandmother's astronaut career. Anne and Elizabeth have a mutual friend, Amee, who also lives in the house and sleeps whenever she can find a spare bed. She's really only there as the designated Wrench Wench. Early on in this household's history I designated one sim as the person to be a stay-at-home repairman, because stuff is ALWAYS broke at this house. I miss the Unbreakable upgrade from Sims 3. ("Wrench Wench" is gender neutral...I use both guys and girls in the position. )

Lena and Elizabeth both have a child each, both by the same guy. I wanted to introduce some blonde genes into the house, and figured why not keep the best friends' kids related? Said blonde was immediately ghosted once he'd served his noble purpose. The kids are named Lore and Erika. Only one of them is blonde. I hope she's Elizabeth's, since Lena's kids can't be the official Legacy heir. If not, I'm sure we can find Lore a blonde donor.

I'm not playing by any strict legacy rules, by the way. This is a crazy household, always sending out satellites and then absorbing them again when it can.

In another news, my sim-self met an alien named Alan Shepard. That's hilarious, Maxis. (I...hope it was a joke. I mean, it's an alien named after the first American in space. That can't be an accident, right?)
Forum Resident
#2021 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 7:37 PM
Default Some Family Pictures
Some cute pictures I took while playing my legacy save:

I bought my dog a cat! Puppet Queen lives a relatively independent life at the mansion and now she doesn't even need sims to play with anymore.

Puppet Queen uses slam- it's super effective!

Artemis stays very true to her tomboy nature and has joined the scouts with her brother Kilhorn...

...while poor, lonely Minerva is going through a care bear phase, she gets really sad when she doesn't wear her costume. Her father Ragna is using the situation to practice his parenting skill by trying to emphasize with her.

This is really an interaction, forgot what it's called but something along the way of "try to understand phase" or something lol

Sergio has been dead for a while now, so my foundress Freya is searching for a new love interest. Preferably one that doesn't have such a short life span...

Honestly, Freya, if you need that much pink stuff to make him interested, he might not be that into you!

Fun Sim Fact #1102: If you have forgotten to buy fireworks for a holiday that requires one, just get a popping candy cause it apparently counts,

Minerva is prettier than Artemis but also more generic, so I don't have a favourite for the title of the next heiress right now. It's all going to be decided by chance anyway.

The -moment:

Look, I know you're immortal; Freya, you don't need to prove it to me!
Scholar
#2022 Old 31st Jul 2018 at 11:26 PM
I'm currently playing with aging off for everyone because I need to get (re-)used to the Sims 4 gameplay, speed, and mechanics.
I made a couple, Ikki and the heroine from the Amnesia otome games; since that game gives nobody a last name, I just used their voice actors' last name. And called her Otome (maiden), since she has no official name. Lots of flirting and coy looks, since Ikki is a romantic and I gave him the custom Woohoo Lover trait. Also Jealous because he had times in the games of being insecure about his relationship with her.

Does the Jealous trait do anything OTHER than giving a Tense atmosphere when he's not around his beloved, and gives a Confident boost when they are? Otherwise, I might have to alter this trait...

Gardening is supposed to have improved with Seasons; I don't see it, so far.
Forum Resident
#2023 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 4:07 AM
The last time I played supervillain in the making Lester Hillary's house, he'd succeeded in making Nancy Landgraab a widow, and then married her purely for her fortune. With a recent promotion to The Oracle, and armed with the Landgraab's money, he is poised for...well, something. So far all he's done is rename himself The Khan, force his son Darth Tyranus to wear a Darth Vader costume everywhere, and create a child with Nancy Landgraab to solidify his hold on the Landgraab fortune. He also organized a social group called Kh@n's k1d3 who aim to cause mischief and meanness everywhere they go. All of his various minions are part of this group now. Darth Tyranus' costume did not last long because he sounded silly in the mask (his voice is muffled) so he has switched to black widow facepaint instead. Tyranus was born SOLELY to be The Khan's bodyguard, so when he's not abusing neighbors he's working out. I'm not sure where to go from here without replicating youtuber CallMeKevin's cult leader Jim Pickens with the basement full of captives. That's not really The Khan's thing, though. At this point I just play the save for a quick laugh now and again. (I named him The Khan because one of my favorite villains is Star Trek's original Khan Noonien Singh, the superman who nearly took over the world.)
Forum Resident
#2024 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 4:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto

Does the Jealous trait do anything OTHER than giving a Tense atmosphere when he's not around his beloved, and gives a Confident boost when they are? Otherwise, I might have to alter this trait...

If they don't have a partner, it makes them miserable because the're alone and everyone else is coupling up. They fixate on it something fierce.
Forum Resident
#2025 Old 1st Aug 2018 at 6:18 AM
Yeah, the jealous one is a strong trait that you actually notice like unflirty. I like it when the game seems to give sims their own will and you sure as hell keep a jealous sim as close to their partner as possible even if it's not convenient and an unflirty sim hates to witness public romance so you have to get them out before people start snogging.
I have to randomize traits in my legacy but I really hope to get a descendant with the jealous one someday.
Page 81 of 104