Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2015 at 10:20 PM
Default Treeag's CAS editor mod causing infinite loading?
I started playing Sims Medieval again recently because why not - and this time I decided to give the CAS editor mod a try. After many attempts at making it work and the mod not appearing, now I reached a certain point where it just keeps loading infinitely right before the bar would be full. So I guess I made some progress, but clearly something's still not okay.

In order to make this quicker (hopefully), this is all I've done so far:
- Created the Mods and Packages folders properly
- Got the Resource.cfg and d3dx9_31.dll from the proper location (Rockerduck's guide for beginners) and placed them in the correct folders
- Deleted the simCompositorCache.package file in hopes that'd refresh cache and that'd do something (based on one of the suggestions in one of the related threads)

I'm yet to figure out where I can check the patch number for my game, as it's on Origin - and it seems the launcher can't be opened unless I have a non-Origin version. All I can say is that I don't have the expansion for this copy, but I'm unsure if that affects the patch number or the mod. If anyone could tell me how I can check on Origin the patch number, or better yet if they know whether the game functions with Origin and/or without expansion pack, I'd be grateful. Until then, the heiress will keep her beak nose she got from her father. :P
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 8th Mar 2016 at 10:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Margerard
I started playing Sims Medieval again recently because why not - and this time I decided to give the CAS editor mod a try. After many attempts at making it work and the mod not appearing, now I reached a certain point where it just keeps loading infinitely right before the bar would be full. So I guess I made some progress, but clearly something's still not okay.

In order to make this quicker (hopefully), this is all I've done so far:
- Created the Mods and Packages folders properly
- Got the Resource.cfg and d3dx9_31.dll from the proper location (Rockerduck's guide for beginners) and placed them in the correct folders
- Deleted the simCompositorCache.package file in hopes that'd refresh cache and that'd do something (based on one of the suggestions in one of the related threads)

I'm yet to figure out where I can check the patch number for my game, as it's on Origin - and it seems the launcher can't be opened unless I have a non-Origin version. All I can say is that I don't have the expansion for this copy, but I'm unsure if that affects the patch number or the mod. If anyone could tell me how I can check on Origin the patch number, or better yet if they know whether the game functions with Origin and/or without expansion pack, I'd be grateful. Until then, the heiress will keep her beak nose she got from her father. :P

I'm having the same problem of the game infinitely loading with that mod. Guess I will just remove it.

Live, Laugh, Love