Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 4:42 PM
What do you guys think is the likelihood of EA lowering the Cats and Dogs price?
So I just got into The Sims 4 after hating it because it did not very much deliver for the price they where making it as well as it did not really live up to it's predecessor The Sims 3 which is what got me into The Sims franchise in the first place. Though after trying to play it not as a sequel to Sims 3, but instead look at it as a game all it's own I learned to take a liking to it and very much enjoy it now (Despite it's ridiculous level of bugs). Only issue is a lot of the prices are rather high for additional game packs that add new features and the one I really want right now is Cats and Dogs to add some furry friends to my game, but it is so ridiculously pricey and I am debating if I should wait for some kind of Origin sale or just buy it and pick up the pieces later with the money spent on it.

When looking at the ridiculous price of Cats and Dogs it is like you would be paying for a whole other game by buying it and for the price of Cats and Dogs I could be buying 3 other freaking game packs and spend the same amount. So how likely do you guys think it will be that EA would eventually lower the cats and dogs price? If you have any other additional opinions on the price of the game packs and Cats and Dogs feel free to share those as well.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 17th Aug 2018 at 4:48 PM
Wow just my luck as I was posting this it is actually on sale for the same price as other game packs as we speak! Awesome!
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 10:54 AM
Apologies for sort of hijacking your thread--does anyone know how long the sale is supposed to last? I don't see a date range anywhere.
Scholar
#4 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 12:01 PM
Pretty sure the sale started just a day or two ago... maybe the weekend? I can't find anything on the website, either...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 12:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
Pretty sure the sale started just a day or two ago... maybe the weekend? I can't find anything on the website, either...

I managed to find it, but not on the Origin program. I had to go to the browser website. Apparently it's a wide "Player Appreciation" sale on a bunch of games. For the Sims though, it's just the EPs.

On that note, the only EPs I don't have are GTW and Seasons. I've put off getting GTW because the careers don't interest me, but a bunch of mods/builds seem to hinge on it. Seasons is something I do want...but I don't know if I want to buy it for $30. Is GTW worth it for $20?
Scholar
#6 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 1:58 PM
I have GTW... I don't think it's worth it. I didn't do much for Detective or Scientist, but they seem to play similarly to the Doctor. Working those jobs is a bit like going on a date. You have a bar, a certain list of 3 tasks to do; complete one, fill the bar a bit, get a new objective, etc, until your work schedule is done. You CAN opt to not join them, and it plays like a typical Sims 4 career; they leave, then come back.

I didn't do much with owning a store... I dunno, maybe check YouTube for some videos on the store gameplay? If you have Dine Out, I guess the owning a restaurant thing might be fun? I would say Seasons is worth it. I bought it full price... was a bit steep for me. If I had known this sale was coming, I would have waited. (but I can get Get Together now cheaper~) But the addition of weather is really nice. Haven't really gotten to the winter holidays yet.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GothyPanda
Apologies for sort of hijacking your thread--does anyone know how long the sale is supposed to last? I don't see a date range anywhere.

It is still going on today if you are interested in stocking up on some packs for your game. Though sorry not so sure how long it will last.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 4:26 PM
I managed to find it, but not on the Origin program. I had to go to the browser website. Apparently it's a wide "Player Appreciation" sale on a bunch of games. For the Sims though, it's just the EPs.

On that note, the only EPs I don't have are GTW and Seasons. I've put off getting GTW because the careers don't interest me, but a bunch of mods/builds seem to hinge on it. Seasons is something I do want...but I don't know if I want to buy it for $30. Is GTW worth it for $20?

On Origin they have the Sims 4 on sale as well as the EPs, GPs, and Some Stuff Packs. Personally when I buy different EPs and what not I look at the features it comes with and if there is no mod that can do the same I will consider buying it. But to be fair any time the prices drop I would say it is worth it, it may not be dropped by much, but it is nonetheless dropped and if you play Sims 4 a lot it is worth it in my opinion. What is not worth it though in my opinion is the stuff packs since you can get new content for free on thousands of Sims 4 CC sites.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KuraiNekoMT13
On Origin they have the Sims 4 on sale as well as the EPs, GPs, and Some Stuff Packs. Personally when I buy different EPs and what not I look at the features it comes with and if there is no mod that can do the same I will consider buying it. But to be fair any time the prices drop I would say it is worth it, it may not be dropped by much, but it is nonetheless dropped and if you play Sims 4 a lot it is worth it in my opinion. What is not worth it though in my opinion is the stuff packs since you can get new content for free on thousands of Sims 4 CC sites.

The only thing shown on sale for me are Expansion Packs. GTW (and I assume others) for 50% and Seasons for 25% off.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 5:19 PM
The only thing shown on sale for me are Expansion Packs. GTW (and I assume others) for 50% and Seasons for 25% off.

Hmm, odd. Oh well I am not so sure why you have different than me, but it is what it is. But the sale is still on right now on my end, so that is something, too bad I am having issues with Sims 4 right now and can't even play with my new EPs and GPs. No one seems to be helping me either and I gave a very detailed explanation on my problem I am having with Sims 4 right now. Hopefully someone will help me soon and I can get this crap fixed so I can play my game.
Scholar
#11 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 6:39 PM
If your problem is the odd streaks in the CC Hair, I believe you have been told what to do. If that doesn't change it... well, don't use the CC? I've had CC clothes that end up with weird distortions on legs or hands with my settings; I can't really change my settings, lest I want Sims 4 to run like molasses. So, I don't use them. *shrug*

And ditto, I only have EPs on sale.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
If your problem is the odd streaks in the CC Hair, I believe you have been told what to do. If that doesn't change it... well, don't use the CC? I've had CC clothes that end up with weird distortions on legs or hands with my settings; I can't really change my settings, lest I want Sims 4 to run like molasses. So, I don't use them. *shrug*

And ditto, I only have EPs on sale.

What do you mean? No one mentioned any issues like that.