Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 3:18 PM
Default "Moodlet" System.
I wonder how possible it would be to recreate a moodlet systems and moodlets itself from TS3. These would be split into two: Temporal and Permanent. Temporal would be the moodlets that would expire under a certain time period or when a criteria is meet, while permanent would be just regular TS2 vanilla memories that are stored in the sims memory from the start up to till they die. Both would be displayed in the memory panel.

Not sure what else to add onto this. Ideas and thoughts?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SneakyWingPhoenix
I wonder how possible it would be to recreate a moodlet systems and moodlets itself from TS3. These would be split into two: Temporal and Permanent. Temporal would be the moodlets that would expire under a certain time period or when a criteria is meet, while permanent would be just regular TS2 vanilla memories that are stored in the sims memory from the start up to till they die. Both would be displayed in the memory panel.

Not sure what else to add onto this. Ideas and thoughts?

P.S. Sorry If I posted this, If I did, in a inappriopate section of the forum. Bad excuse I know, still cannot get use to this forum. I sincerely hope that it isn't, but If it is: please move it to where it should be or inform me to redo my mistake on my own
just a girl
#3 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 7:12 PM
Well, it is possible to create tokens and add them as visible memories or invisible temporary/permanent tokens. You can totally do that if you can think of an event that could really use this kind of addition.
As for copying the Sims 3 system, I see some complications. The Sims 3 has shit ton of moodlets. Hundreds of them. Many of them have similar effects and causes. Some things that are managed by moodlets in the Sims 3 are already covered in the Sims 2 by its own systems (like aspiration, mood and existing tokens and controllers). Most moodlets would be redundant in the Sims 2. Also, for moodlet system to fully blend into gameplay, you'd have to edit lots of game code. Like, if you want some event to cause particular moodlet, you edit its BHAV to include your code there. Unless I'm not seeing an easier way (which can be true, as I haven't given it a lot of thought), you'd have to practically override every behavior you want to link a moodlet to.
Lastly, tokens are iffy. Should you accidentally load a hood without your downloads folder, the moodlet system is ruined. It's not a problem if you're a disciplined person who makes backups and all, but still worth a mention.

Sorry to sound so negative. Maybe you can think of a way to overcome all that I said.
Instructor
#4 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 8:47 PM
I wonder if the post-vacation mood/productivity bonuses from BV could serve as a kind of framework for something like this? I know diddly about how the coding for this game works, but it's the closest moodlet analogy I can think of in TS2.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 11:55 PM
Somebody did suggested that. Are they Vacation mementos? Been I while since I haven't installed Bon Voyage.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
Well, it is possible to create tokens and add them as visible memories or invisible temporary/permanent tokens. You can totally do that if you can think of an event that could really use this kind of addition.
As for copying the Sims 3 system, I see some complications. The Sims 3 has shit ton of moodlets. Hundreds of them. Many of them have similar effects and causes. Some things that are managed by moodlets in the Sims 3 are already covered in the Sims 2 by its own systems (like aspiration, mood and existing tokens and controllers). Most moodlets would be redundant in the Sims 2. Also, for moodlet system to fully blend into gameplay, you'd have to edit lots of game code. Like, if you want some event to cause particular moodlet, you edit its BHAV to include your code there. Unless I'm not seeing an easier way (which can be true, as I haven't given it a lot of thought), you'd have to practically override every behavior you want to link a moodlet to.
Lastly, tokens are iffy. Should you accidentally load a hood without your downloads folder, the moodlet system is ruined. It's not a problem if you're a disciplined person who makes backups and all, but still worth a mention.

Sorry to sound so negative. Maybe you can think of a way to overcome all that I said.

No need to apologize. I appreciate input and insight of any kind greatly Will or might come in handy for sure for others or even for me too (when I start modding).
just a girl
#7 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 11:45 AM
Vacation bonuses are made of tokens as well.
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 7:22 PM
What about simplistic "moodlets" for whenever a sim has a recent bad memory (when they've seen cockroaches or someone died), while they keep crying all the time their mood is also decreased? Or when they had an A+ etc. their mood increases temporarily (while the sim is still reacting to the memory)?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 10:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JMarcos123
What about simplistic "moodlets" for whenever a sim has a recent bad memory (when they've seen cockroaches or someone died), while they keep crying all the time their mood is also decreased? Or when they had an A+ etc. their mood increases temporarily (while the sim is still reacting to the memory)?

Well, I probably would do both of these variations: existing memories and new custom ones.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 29th Dec 2017 at 7:22 AM
Sounds like a very interesting topic, I'd love to see this happen!

The Sims 3 did have a memory system, although a very poor one, imagine combining the TS3 Moodlet system and the TS2 Memory system
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Jan 2018 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BkajnlConcepts
Sounds like a very interesting topic, I'd love to see this happen!

The Sims 3 did have a memory system, although a very poor one, imagine combining the TS3 Moodlet system and the TS2 Memory system

Also, in reverse regarding TS3 it's probably easy and super-uper-duper to add memory system of TS2.