Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#2076 Old 8th Sep 2018 at 8:47 PM
Marvin died as I mentioned previously, but he came back for the first time to haunt. Things were a little confrontational between Marvin and Sterling.

But Sterling felt tremendous guilt for the wrong he'd done to Marvin and apologized.

Eventually, they went out for lunch together, and when Sterling became father to a son, Marvin texted him from beyond to congratulate him. Marvin is closer to Sterling than he is to his own ex wife! Sterling and Claire had a son named Heath.
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2077 Old 9th Sep 2018 at 10:51 AM
Erika (can be seen in the Female Sims topic in Pictures) has been on a date with Zander. They woohood 4 times, all on their own. I had nothing to do with it. Erika was barely home when Zander called for another date. She refused, as she was tired. He called again a couple of hours later...
Now he's stalking her. He walked past her house for the fourth time the morning after the date. I took a photo (for evidence ).

Zander is married, but it seems he has a different interest on the side...
Lab Assistant
#2078 Old 12th Sep 2018 at 12:43 AM
So I.. kinda did a dumb today.

It's Winterfest evening, my Sim has family round for the usual festivities and such. It's coming to the end of the night and I start sending the relatives home, meanwhile selecting my Sim's husband to fill his hunger need which was barely in the yellow anyway. I've only recently started to put to use the whole, "click a motive icon to start an action" and I did so for this particular Sim's hunger. At least I thought I did, that was my intention. But I accidentally clicked the very far left side of the motive bar which completely TANKED his hunger need because I have testingcheatsenabled on all the time or some other mod, and it killed him due to starvation instantly!

The whole family that was about to go home, gather around the corpse of my poor Sim's husband on the kitchen floor of Winterfest evening, sobbing their hearts out all because I did a dumb. But thankfully, my Sim came to the rescue and was able to plea with the reaper before it was too late, and all was normal again.

Some of his in-laws don't appear to be too happy about him coming back to life, though.
Lab Assistant
#2079 Old 13th Sep 2018 at 8:05 AM
Two of my Slobs are pregnant. One got pregnant the normal way in Sims, the other got abducted by aliens. I checked with MCCC and he’s going to have twins. I could have altered it but I was curious to see how the Slobs would manage with three babies, the other Sim is having a single girl, around the house. The house is now covered with plates and clothing. No-one ever cleans or washes dishes. Sometimes they moan about it but they never do any cleaning. Visitors arrive and moan and then leave. Despite this, one of them is continually being asked out by a female neighbor. The result of this is he actually had date with her and took a shower!!!! It didn’t last long as he had a fight with a barman and she left, and presumably went home. The cook in the household has reached level ten and is making fantastic things which he leaves around so they go off and emit green smoke. There is green smoke everywhere even on the picnic table outside. Eager to play them again and see how they deal with babies and then toddlers.
Lab Assistant
#2080 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 11:32 PM
I need somewhere to ramble on about my current family because I love them so much.

It started off with Alessandria and Darien Vaughn. They have 2 kids, Jack and Sally, and are expecting their third (despite Darien nearing death and Alessandria halfway through the adult stage).
Jack marries Leo Ludwig and moves to San Myshuno. I've been pursuing that relationship since they were teens. If I buy Cats & Dogs I'll make them have a few pets.
Initially, I wanted Sally to be straight. Turns out she's bi and her soulmate/baby mama is Cassandra Goth, who is also halfway through the Adult stage. So they're girlfriends and have twin daughters - Sophia and Madilyn. I might make them adopt Sally's new sibling when Alessandria turns into an elder.
Lab Assistant
#2081 Old 15th Sep 2018 at 5:55 PM
Does anyone else have separation issues with their Sims sometimes? I apparently do.

So my fourth generation has finally grown up and moved away from home, all the way back to Oasis Springs (the blizzards bothered me too much in Newcrest). I always try my hardest to pick one Sim out of the next generation to focus on and become the next heir, but I apparently seem to have separation issues. Twice now, I've been unable to separate sets of twins!

Above is Azure and Karina from my fourth generation. Karina on the right, is the Sim I plan to make the next actual heir and focus on eventually. But I loved these two too much and as they grew up, they became BFFs and have always been extremely close, and I didn't have it in me to separate them just yet. So they moved in together!

Karina's part-time-live-in-boyfriend is pictured above with her, I've decided to only make him a part-time live in though for now because I want to focus on the twins for a while.

And this is Azure's part-time-live-in-girlfriend. Again, I plan on focusing on Karina to continue the next generation, but I love this couple too much to not have her around and keep Azure company. I reckon I'll focus on their careers and skills for a while before moving Azure next door with her girlfriend, and have them adopt. I never thought I'd struggle with separating Sims so much
Forum Resident
#2082 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 6:31 AM
I think the last time I posted in this thread, my ninth gen heir had just been born. Well, I've played a little bit, and now that baby is a young adult with twins. That's gen 10, and...hurrah! Since buying the game in June, I've played it enough to see a family through ten generations. I'll do a retrospective post tomorrow when it's not so late, but for this one let's play catchup. When the weekend started, I had a house full. Using the photo ("couchcameron") below as a guide:

Boy by himself: Cameron, generation nine heir.

On the couch:
Vin, generation nine heir. Athlete turned astronaut turned chef.
Maria, Lisa's daughter and House Mom. She's not the literal mother of everyone in the house, but she's the effective matriarch.
Isabella, Maria's sister and best friend

Near the door:
Sarah, generation eight torchholder. Secret Agent.
Leigh-Anne, one of Lisa's grandchildren and Vin's wife. (The family tree is...messy.)
Lisa, Resident Ghost / Wrench Wench / Breadwinner

Not Pictured:
Alex, Vin's sister. A writer, she's holed up somewhere.

After Isabella finally achieved her Bodybuilder asp, I kicked her and Alex out. Maria lasted an AMAZINGLY long time: she didn't pass, in fact, until little Cameron had just achieved his YA birthday. He wanted to be super-popular, and because I also wanted a gen 10 heir ASAP I had him ignore a career altogether so he could focus on badgering every stranger with compliments and get himself a baby. And......that he did. In fact, shortly before getting his 10th charisma point and earning the asp completion, he had twins -- Jamie and Casey.

Other pictures: "grownupcameron" shows my gen-9 heir Cameron dining with his parents, Vin and Leigh-Anne. "casey" shows one of the twins, and presumably the gen-10 heir if I continue playing this save.
Screenshots
Scholar
#2083 Old 17th Sep 2018 at 10:28 AM
You think you're having a bad day? You haven't had a bad day until you step barefoot into dog poop in your home. Sterling cant understand. The dog is trained. Is it because he's now an elder?

DES-GROBLE..

Sterling and Claire were finally able to take their first vacation together. They spent time in a cabin in Granite Falls. There were thunderstorms the first two days so they had to find indoor activities to do. They had missed out on a honeymoon because they were too busy raising children.

Sterling is insane. She thought that this vacation would give his mind some peace and clarity ... but he ended up much worse. She figured that his work and his busy family life is what gives him the stability he needs.

Sterling's step son Gage is dating Amelia, sister to my Henry (This is the alternate reality, he had no sister in the other reality).

He's growing up so fast. Too fast. Sterling warned him to take precautions so that he didn't end up like he did... an unplanned pregnancy to deal with.
Lab Assistant
#2084 Old 18th Sep 2018 at 10:27 AM Last edited by ShadowMT13 : 18th Sep 2018 at 11:57 PM.
Let's just say a lot of woohooing for some reason (o.O)" I guess my Sims are feeling kinky right now XD
Scholar
#2085 Old 20th Sep 2018 at 9:18 PM
I am now playing Hugh's family to age up Amelia. She's going through the Distant phase right now, so she's really annoying. Henry came over to visit and everyone, including myself, were so happy to see him.

In the meantime, William, the youngest, aged to teen and he's about as skinny a teen as I've ever seen. His info shows that he's -22 muscle! LOL.

I made him a genius and a bookworm. For his last trait, I might make him insane, and then have him be a scientist. I think I'll have him marry one of Sterlings twins...
Forum Resident
#2086 Old 23rd Sep 2018 at 1:28 PM
I wanted to do something CAS-related and I was watching a Trisha Paytas mukbang on Youtube to keep my appetite in check (yes, people do that... a lot!), soooo..... I've created her and her new puppy Mukbang Gucci Paytas.

Her traits are jealous, glutton and materialistic. Seeing as I also like to watch her crying-at-the-kitchen-floor-videos (I have the feeling this post reveals a little too much about me lol) , I thought about making her unstable (is that the new name for the insane trait?) instead of materialistic but honestly... I know she's only faking and trolling her mental breakdowns to get views and money so it fits much better.
Her sim version is just as good at angles as her rl persona.

I would love to put her next to my legacy family and have her run around town but I'm kind of thinking about making her a spouse to my heir and my current generation has to have an heiress (my inheritance law prohibits adopting), so I have to wait a whole generation...sigh.
Scholar
#2087 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 4:03 AM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 24th Sep 2018 at 8:45 AM.
This idiot set herself on fire for the third time this week. I think it happened three days in a row.

Saturday, Sunday and Monday. She set herself on fire doing laundry twice, and then cooking. Fortunately Sterling saved her life. I swear he's gonna be widowered (Is that a word?) soon...I've actually banned her from doing laundry.

Sterling and Claire's twins, Emma and Audrey aged up to teen. They have his eyes and mouth. And ears. (Luumia's custom ears. They are an inheritable feature, which I think is cool. EA ears don't really seem to be. I've had parent sims with ears that stick out and never do the kids inherit them)

And they're identical. I have a lot of twins in my game but most of them ARENT identical.
dodgy builder
#2088 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 10:07 PM
I was just testing my new house and Ina was suddenly on fire by the dryer, now she's dead.

Screenshots
Scholar
#2089 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 2:58 AM
Worst thing ever possible that I thought could ever happen was my game getting stuck in photo mode. I always keep two copies of a save file, and both copies were stuck at the same point, in photo mode. Even though I could LEAVE photo mode, I could not do anything beyond play within that house. I couldn't travel or go into CAS because the game forever said "Game is loading". Shit shit shit shit! This was a disaster as it was like this on BOTH save copies (Alternative reality), and I didn't know what to do. Aside from panic and throw my computer out the window. How would 'recover save' help me?? So I clicked on that, and it gave me a list of some older saves from literally yesterday, so I clicked on the most recent one, loaded it, and to my absolute relief, that game save worked. I don't know what caused the photography glitch, it was with teh photography studio. I would not recommend using that at all.... However!! If you come up with a save issue like that where you cannot get your game to load on your save... TRY SAVE RECOVERY! It worked for me! It's worth losing a little bit of game time vs never being able to fix or play it again.

Anyway!! Big news.

Amelia and Gage went to the Romance festival and SHE proposed to him!

Based on his body language I was afraid he'd say no, but I think body language for teenage proposals is different than adults (since it's technically exchanging promise rings?) Also, the animation for the sex of the sim may differ, I don't know. This is only the second time I've done a female proposal.

The joy afterwards is totally different with teens. No leaping into arms. I don't think men should really do that though as they generally weigh more than women and women are most often physically weaker...Oh and then I married them right then and there! Hehe

I took some nice couple shots of them and moved them into their own apartment. Gage aged up to young adult and she's got about 2 weeks to go. They won't try for a baby until she's aged up so it doesn't mess up their offspring's genetics. Speaking of Genes, I think Gage turned out handsome. He wasn't born in game, he was created in CAS using the play with Genetics using his parents. So he was created as a child. His mom and dad were both attractive. Amelia was born in game.

I'd like him to be the first sim in my game to run a vet clinic but I'm not sure how to do that so...that's for the next update!
Forum Resident
#2090 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 5:48 AM
@spidergirl79 Did you remember to clean the dryer? If you don't do it, sims will always set themselves on fire using it. And I love Amelia's look!
Scholar
#2091 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 7:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
@spidergirl79 Did you remember to clean the dryer? If you don't do it, sims will always set themselves on fire using it. And I love Amelia's look!

@Mondenkind *I* remember to clean the lint tray but that sim does the laundry autonomously and she doesn't remember...and I didn't stop her in time. Possibly because she's a lazy sim she doesnt clean it! I don't know, but she's not allowed to do laundry anymore. I don't even know WHY she does the laundry, she just complains about too many chores from being lazy.

And thank you! I think she's got pretty good genetics, she's got her moms eyes.
Instructor
#2092 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 3:48 AM
The alien that abducted her really messed with her head.

Stupid people are stupid
#2093 Old 26th Sep 2018 at 2:20 PM
I'm not sure what happened, but my sims just started adding gifts to the gift pile on their own. After a whole simday of opening presents I deleted the gift pile, as it didn't seem to run out of presents. I finally sold all unwanted gifts and ended up with a whopping 60.000 simoleans more than before the winter fest... One of my sims ended up with 5 karaoke machines and another got given 4 microscopes...
Instructor
#2094 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 12:28 AM
I've been renovating all the worlds. I still have some detailing to do in some places but for the most part I'm almost done. I'm currently working on Selvadorada. I'm finishing up the last rental and all I have left is the national park. I think I'm going to turn that into a camping site or something I'm not entirely sure yet. Either way I feel really accomplished and cannot wait to start playing my game again.
Scholar
#2095 Old 28th Sep 2018 at 9:06 AM
Gage and Amelia welcomed their first child, Landen. (Named by the randomizer, I just randomize until I see a name I like)

Gage bought his vet clinic, a starter clinic for under 20,000$. Gage did get an inheritance given to him from his step father, from the estate of Gages late father, Marvin. Gage was Marvin's only child. He hasn't opened the clinic yet, but rather is studying veterinarian medicine from home first before opening the clinic officially.

I won't be able to play this family once the baby becomes a toddler though, because Amelia's brother, Henry, has a toddler son that was born first, and must age up first. Also, I need to play the Nielsen's to get their boys aged to teen because I plan on bethrothing Axel to one of Sterling's twins. YES I micromanage EVERYTHING in this game. Thats why I would never use story progression.
Mad Poster
#2096 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 11:21 AM
After I logged back into Origin, it turn out I hadn't played with my Sims in the past 10-11 days.

So the simselves of me and Lee Unkrich visited our young adult children and eventually went home. Lee cut his hair and didn't dye it and the black and white hair on his Julius Caesar style haircut actually seems to command authority and my grays were not so commanding. He said to me, "You can always dye your gray hairs. You have the audacity to do so." (IRL I started graying on my 30th birthday)

At the Scandinavia and the World House, Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Iceland were making good use of the house. Finland, however, decided to write a children's book on ecology and how to keep the planet healthy. (His last book was pretty successful on non-nuclear family structures.)

At the Matsuno sextuplets house, all but Ichimatsu were watching movies in the living room... Ichimatsu played Sims Forever.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#2097 Old 29th Sep 2018 at 9:12 PM
Okay so Henry works at the police station and there are two coworkers there who are 'soulmates' and who are always kissing, but they are basically homeless out of town sims and they've never lived together, not married, but very much in love and I JUST COULDNT TAKE IT ANYMORE. I moved her in with him and moved them into a cosy home in Brindleton Bay. Even though they've always kissed at work, they hadn't had their 'first kiss'.

So they had their first kiss. They're going to have other firsts soon too. Plan is to marry them but I don't plan to play them. Just wanted to give them a happy life together. Because I am a benevolent simmer. They both still have the police career. I thought you couldn't have two sims in an active career living in the same household? If that's the case I'll put her in the business career since she's got that aspiration. Anyway I probably won't play them but I just had to give them a life together.
Forum Resident
#2098 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 12:08 PM
I'm watching a documentary about polygamy on Netflix right now and it reminded me of how I always wanted to try out how plural marriages would work in Sims 4. So I've taken a break from my legacy to start a new save file with the lucky or unlucky founder of a (hopefully) very big family. I don't have any plan on how to make it work properly but I've decided that the wives are not going to live together (would be more fun actually but there wouldn't be a lot of space for children in that case) and that he has to change were he sleeps every night. I'm also planning on playing only him and just watching the chaos unfold.
Disclaimer: My thoughts on polygamy are very neutral. I don't know anybody who practices plural marriage but I think everyone should be free to choose however they want to live as long as they are not harming anybody. I don't think that it is a desirable life style though. This is just light-hearted fun and not meant to critize anyone's religious belief.

John has rented the cheapest apartment in San Myshuno to save up for all of the big mansions,wives and children he has to pay for at some point. The good thing about it: He already has some furry friends instead of being alone all the time.

He wants to marry as young as possible and so he started of his new life in town by visiting one of the famous festivals and meeting... electrifying women. Yeah, I know, bad joke.

Alana is one of my pre-made sims that I use a lot as a female base so I don't really want to make her the first wive but who knows what might happen down the line. Both of them had a lot of fun together...nothing makes you bond more with a new aquaintance than judging stinky homeless sims.

I wanted John to meet a local (townie) girl and so he asked out his mailwoman first. For some reason, the diner had beans and sausages as their recommended dish. Nothing more romantic than farting on your first date...

It took just one evening to totally fill up both of their relationship bars so I decided that waiting around isn't really the point of this save file and made him ask her to marry him.
We all know that it's a sim chlichee (meeting a girl, teelling two jokes and marrying her the same evening) and I just love cheezy parodies...

...but I totally forgot about this new bug/feature that sims reject proposals for no reason. There is a whole thread dedicated to the topic here on MTS. Guess I have to wait for the romance festival to get them married. This isn't off to a good start
Scholar
#2099 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 8:00 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 30th Sep 2018 at 8:28 PM.
I gave Henry a little makeover, just gave him new hair (Its similar to but not identical to Gage's hair, it's a adult version of Seasons hair for boys, but with minor modifications) and I gave him thicker eyebrows. I've been trying to give my male sims thicker brows to make them look a little more masculine.

Anyway... this is alternate reality Henry who is married to Elsa Bjergsen, and of course on the day I forget to have her take her birth control BOOM! Pregnant so they are now expecting baby #2 except that they don't know it yet. This is why I'm not married or in a relationship. I'd forget this kind of stuff and have like a whole litter of children.

For some reason beyond my understanding Ghost Mimsy comes to the police station every day to file police reports ("Yes, I'd like to report that I'm still dead.")("Yes, I'd like to report a death" "Whose?")

Its kind of weird because I thought ghosts were only supposed to be out late at night and she will actually haunt things and scare my officers. MY POLICE STATION IS HAUNTED GUYS.
Mad Poster
#2100 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
We all know that it's a sim chlichee (meeting a girl, teelling two jokes and marrying her the same evening) and I just love cheezy parodies

(in Elsa of Arendelle's voice)
You can't marry someone you just met.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Page 84 of 104