Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#2101 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 9:11 PM
Henry and Elsa welcomed their second son. I used the randomizer to look for a name, and stopped it at Hugh. Of course, Hugh is the name of Henry's father, so it's fitting.

So their first son has a completely Scandinavian name, but the second has a more English name. So they both got to name a child.

Here is a joke for you: Why do Danish war ships have barcodes on the sides of their hulls? So that when they come into port, they can Scandanavian.... Scan-da-navy-in...Ill see myself out now.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2102 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 2:13 AM
Just as I was getting bored of my current save..

My Sim and her boyfriend are both animal lovers, she owned two cats before her boyfriend moved in, and afterwards they adopted two dogs. I wanted to do something different with my gameplay, and decided this pairing were probably destined to be forever furbaby parents, and I was okay with that. Looking after four animals was hard enough at times, and both of my Sims were rather focused on their aspirations and careers.

I have risky woohoo enabled, and after one steamy night, it turns out that my Sim fell pregnant! Fair enough, I wasn't opposed to this. Until now..

NATURAL. TRIPLETS. This is the first time I've ever had triplets in my game, too!

I of course decided to age them up immediately, I have the baby state set to 1 day anyway, but in the process of them being aged up, a fire happened downstairs. First one for this family, too!

(I didn't manage to get a picture of the fire itself, but here's my Sim cleaning up the burn marks after the rug disintegrated)

After all the chaos settled, I gave the triplets a hair/outfit makeover and to my delight, they turned out quite cute! This playthrough is going to be interesting..
Scholar
#2103 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 2:38 AM
Good luck and god speed with those triplets! I've never had 3 at once and I can't say I envy you. I've had about 8 sets of twins though. -_-

So their son Hugh aged up to toddler. He looks a lot like his mom. It's funny, in the other alternate reality, Henry's kids all looked mostly like him, all of them had at the very least, HIS eyes. But he was married to Jade Rosa, not Elsa Bjergsen.

I am so sick and tired of toddlers doing this! They wake up, sit up in bed and yell "Sul Sul!" FROM THEIR BED to wake up the parent so the parent will pick them up and put them down. GET YOUR OWN G#D DAMN SELF OUT OF BED YOU LAZY BRAT! I try to stop the clock at exactly 7 am and make the toddlers do something else so they can't do this. It makes me SO MAD.

I mentioned previously that I married these two off because they were always kissing at work. They still always kiss at work but now they get to go home to each other!!

I am now playing a different household. My twin brothers Erik and Henrik, their wives and their 4 sons.
Forum Resident
#2104 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 3:17 PM
After lots of hard work and extra credit, my sim made top of her class so I rewarded her with a puppy! She took to this fella right away and was *extra* thankful at Harvestfest.

Scholar
#2105 Old 12th Oct 2018 at 3:59 AM
Sooo I had my sim bring her easel on vactaion and after having painted her 12th landscape I had her paint her shadow and it was a masterpiece!

Of COURSE it was a masterpiece!

I finally sent this family on a much needed family vacation. Since there are no pools in Granite Falls, I built one! The husbands and wives have conflicting work schedules, the husbands work on the weekends, and the wives have the weekends off, so their time together as spouses and as a family is really limited. The husbands are sports (RUGBY- why they are so big) athletes, and the wives are botanists.

Erik, Magnus, Axel, Heidi, Henrik, Freja^

first of all look at the lighting difference between a full sun day above and a clouded over day below!

Yes, they are identical twins, they had 4 sons together. Erik and Heidi had 2 brown haired boys, Magnus and Ivan. Henrik and Freja had blond boys, Axel and Kjeld. I have never had any issues with mixing up spouses or keeping them faithful. I didn't want to bring the toddlers on the vacation, but this game has a habit of 'stealing' babies from my sims who leave their lots. It thinks that the baby is being neglected even though it's at daycare. When I return to the lot, the baby is in the middle of the map and i cant retrieve the baby. The only way to get the baby back is to move households and the baby is placed in my inventory. I then basically have no choice but to age up the baby (or never leave the lot as long as the baby is a baby). Anyway, the toddlers were at home, but I kept getting notification after notification that my toddlers had been returned from daycare (despite being originally notified that a nanny would care for them during the vacation). So I brought the toddlers to the vacation shortly after arriving and locked them in a room with toys, beds, toilets and food for the duration of the vacation. I wanted a toddler free vacation because parents are so obsessed about constantly checking, watching and talking to toddlers, there was just no escaping them. They seem to be doing fine...I have no problem with parents being obsessed with toddlers under normal circumstances, but I want them to actually enjoy vacation activities.
Test Subject
#2106 Old 15th Oct 2018 at 8:30 PM
Santa keeps inviting my teenagers to night clubs. At this point I think it's stranger danger.
Screenshots
Scholar
#2107 Old 16th Oct 2018 at 3:49 AM
Okay so this is as close to a 3 way that you can get without using WW. :/ and it wasn't done on purpose, but by accident, autonomously...

Nothing NSFW here but I'm putting it all under the spoiler tag anyway if this is too naughty for you...

STORYTIME
Lab Assistant
#2108 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 8:50 AM
Neighborhood Brawl Day lined up with the Romantic Festival. Sims all over the lot were getting into fights while soft romantic music played in the background.
Forum Resident
#2109 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 5:04 PM
I just had the CREEPIEST moment I've ever experienced in 18 years playing The Sims and its sequel.

The stage: it's New Year's Eve. My household is having a party. Everyone is good spirits, having finally gotten over the death of my previous torchholder, Casey. Her daughter Brooke has knocked up a beau, and is eying her future child's rivals with care. She lives with her sister Shannon, her aunt Anya, and her cousin Liam, just a kid. Everyone is full after a big meal, they're all telling jokes and getting ready to watch the countdown, Liam is practicing his singing, and then....the camera centers on Brooke.

She's hysterical. She crumbles. She's....DYING OF LAUGHTER? REALLY? The household gathers round, except for Liam who is sitting on the couch, singing -- off-key, off-melody, off-everything. It's quite a racket, and despite witnessing a ghostly spectre appear with a big reaper, and despite his full bladder, Liam refuses to budget from the couch, where he continues to sing. Shannon demands for her sister's life, and then pleads, but neither prevail. My heir...is dead. I realllly hope her beau is pregnant. But the singing continues, and I zoom to Liam on the couch, who is now joined by depressed-looking adults to watch the ball drop. Liam...keeps on singing, and only stops because he needs to wet his pants.

I could only render as Brooke's epiptath, "What the Actual F?".

I took video of this -- very low res video, I'm afraid -- and will try to compress and upload it tonight after work so you good people can witness this bizarre death and the singing child in the background.
Scholar
#2110 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 9:19 PM
My twinsies have all aged up to adult. By the end of the week (game week) I'll be aging up their oldest sons to teen. I cannot wait! Then I can jump back to playing with Sterling!!
Lab Assistant
#2111 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 10:25 PM
My triplets have now aged up into children, and I thought now was a good time to give a quick update on what's happened since then!

The little boy of the lot, Aaron, is such a charmer. He befriended every animal in the house and always kept them happy.

My main Sim (left) is non-committal, so I was kind of worried about her and her boyfriend getting engaged/married, but I thought it was the right time. Her boyfriend proposed to her in front of their beautiful lantern-decorated tree in the back garden, and surprisingly enough, she said yes the first time!

The morning after, the triplets aged up and it so happened to be Harvestfest, too. They all sat down and had their first family meal together, and all was dandy. Until..

My poor Sim ended up dying of laughter (another first!) because of her DARN LAUNDRY! There were likely other moodlets attributing to this too, but I noticed her playful emotion was getting freakishly high and I tried to calm her down in the mirror. But before I knew what was going on, my poor girl was having a laughing fit in the living room in front of her children.. on their birthday.. and on Harvestfest.

Her new fiancé tried to plead with the Grim Reaper to save her life, but he somehow sadly failed. All the family could do was watch on as her soul was reaped, and spend the rest of Harvestfest in mourning.

Until the following night, where my girl Abigail decided to pay the family a visit.

Her first pet, Turtle, who is now deceased also decided to pay a visit. They spent the evening bonding again, and I just had to ask her to move into the family!

My Sim's partner wasted no time in taking her to the romance festival, and proposing once again (considering their status disappeared after she died)..

In order to have a spontaneous wedding right there and then! I must say, for a non-committal Sim, she's done rather well when it comes to big life changes.

She's now a rather pleasantly happy ghost who plans on working on the rest of her skills in order to create Ambrosia, but I'm in no rush. It's rather fun living with a ghost.
Forum Resident
#2112 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 10:38 PM
@luxford I had that problem with a very happy sim that died of laughter because of one playful moodlet before... They die too fast to calm them down, sadly. There is a potion you can buy for points that removes all moodlets instantly, I'll use it next time to see if that is fast enough.
Forum Resident
#2113 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 3:20 AM
As promised, here's the video of that unsettling death from earlier, with the kid wail-singing in the background!
Top Secret Researcher
#2115 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 3:56 PM
Default First wife, wife 2?!
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
First wife autonomously propositions for sauna woohoo. About 10 seconds later, wife 2 propositions autonomously for sauna woohoo.

Uh... wut?

Sims are better than us.
Scholar
#2116 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 8:59 PM Last edited by spidergirl79 : 18th Oct 2018 at 9:11 PM.
@smellincoffee that kid is obviously self-soothing during a traumatic experience! Man...

Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
Uh... wut?

OH! Yes. I guess it could sound like they are polygamists or whatever, but they're not. I created twin males, Henrik and Erik, and then I created their wives, Freja and Heidi who are also twins. They all happen to live together in one big house. So Heidi and Erik went to the sauna first, or "husband 1 and wife 1." Then Henrik and Freja came in just after they'd finished, or 'husband 2 and wife 2'. 1 and 2 merely the order of who went in first... there is no wife/husband swapping or whatever kinky stuff going on with this fam. I go the extra mile to make sure that never happens.

These are the boys now at teenager, Axel is the blond and Magnus is the auburn.

Magnus looks really good from the front but he's got a funny profile but I think it makes him look more human actually, hahaha. Both boys got their dads eyes, but Magnus got his dad's nose and mom's mouth, Axel his mom's nose and dad's mouth. They are not brothers, they are cousins, their parents are both identical twins and they had their babies at the same time.

Since their parents are both twins there is no point in showing what BOTH sets looks like so here is Erik/Freja although Erik isn't married to Freja the results of their union would be similar.

Again, Erik's brother Henrik, is his identical twin, and Freja's sister is her identical twin Heidi, so their children although technically double cousins, are as genetically as close as siblings.
Lab Assistant
#2117 Old 18th Oct 2018 at 11:57 PM
Had a classic sims moment when someone died in the background while my sim was proposing.
Forum Resident
#2118 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 7:09 AM
@Chax Ghost colours change depending on the mood, like you've said.
A pink ghost is flirty etc...
Lab Assistant
#2119 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chax
That is adorable. Can I ask - how come the colour of the ghost changes ? Is it depending on her mood ? (I've never played with a ghost... or seen one actually)

Also, I find the fact that the guy had to propose again after his wife died was even more adorable. It's like "I don't care about the way you look or anything, I love you in any case"

Yeah! The colour of the ghost syncs with their mood/emotion. It's kind of a neat detail, although I still hate how TS4 has such a big emphasis on these moods/emotions rather than personalities.

I found that an adorable thing too, of course I control these things (I think I have autonomous engagement/marriage enabled? But that wasn't happening) but I still like to "roleplay" a little in my mind when playing. That was basically what I had in mind, she'd died and despite the fact she was still technically dead and a ghost, she was around enough for them to get married and live together and he didn't want to lose her again.

Sadly though, that save seems to be corrupt now, and I'm still too attached to it to let it go so now I'm in the process of troubleshooting and trying to get it back
Scholar
#2120 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 1:05 AM
I don't want to say goodbye to this dog. This dog is nearing the end of his life, his life bar is bubbling...

Ratchet has been a good dog. (I did not name him... downloaded him)
Field Researcher
#2121 Old 21st Oct 2018 at 5:30 PM
My gardening sims finally got a crocus. It's about time. LOL
Lab Assistant
#2122 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 2:29 AM
When my sims were getting married, instead of sitting in the chairs I'd spent literally all my money on, most of the guests watched the wedding standing around the perimeter of the area and dancing, even though the one stereo we owned was both inside and off?? I don't understand this game lol
Lab Assistant
#2123 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 8:48 PM
So I finally managed to fix my corrupted save! Not entirely sure what was doing it, but I pulled my mods out in chunks and managed to fix it somehow.

Here's my ghost girle Abigail seeming rather relieved, too.

(I'm going to start putting my images in a spoiler 'cus I post so many lately)

After getting into the spirit and doing some trick or treating for Simblreen, it made me want to revive my own Simblr that I barely used for a day, with this new legacy. I'm unsure if anyone will be interested but I'll put the link in my signature, all that's missing is followers! On another note, does anyone have any tips for taking screenshots of their ghosts? A lot of the time their faces are blurred because they're transparent, and the background kind of just.. merges with their face.
Scholar
#2124 Old 25th Oct 2018 at 1:09 AM
Sterling and his family got a new dog, Buddy. After Ratchet died. Game glitched or something and they didn't even note the dogs death. They decided to woohoo in the hottub when the grim reaper arrived (Extreme woohoo setting in MCCC) (Downloaded Buddy from gallery) My other family wept more for their damned hamster!

Sterling's little girls that he fathered with Claire while still Butler are growing teens and have their own boyfriends now. (They're identical twins, that's not the same girl!!) Emma is dating William, brother to Henry and Audrey is dating Axel, son to Henrik)

Claire and Sterling renewed their vows at the romance festival. Her first son with her first husband is moved out and married now. Their girls are teens, their son now a child.. I thought, why not one more? So I restored Sterling's fertility and now they are expecting a baby.

Lab Assistant
#2125 Old 28th Oct 2018 at 8:45 AM
One of my Slob families have produced a child who is tidy. Every time I play them the poor little thing is washing dishes or putting away books or tidying her siblings toys away. Oldest son has now become a teen and is lazy. He spends most of his free time watching TV. Yesterday he was watching the TV and it wasn’t even switched on. They now have a cat that scratches furniture and eats food from counters. It was eating grilled cheese. I didn’t know cats ate grilled cheese but this one does. Their Grandmother died in the Kitchen when the stove caught fire yet again. There was a lot of yelling and screaming but no-one did anything except run outside. For some reason, maybe a glitch, she now has a tombstone in the kitchen. I had to reorganize the entire kitchen as it was where the stove used to be.

Ought to mention that I have an entire Slob neighborhood. It’s dirty and run down and full of Slobs. This family I’m talking about are called Grunt. They live next door to a couple with three toddlers. They are called Bumming. One of them is a green alien. Due to the odd genetics in Sims 4 none of the toddlers are green but one, the boy, is red. The two girls look like their Mother who has huge ears and quite a large nose too. They have a dog called Potch. It was a stray and they befriended it. It’s very noisy and runs about a lot.

On the other side of the Grunts live the Nuddles. They are nudists except in Winter. They have a skating rink in their yard so they’re very popular. Watching Atlas Nuddle doing tricks on the rink in the nude is surprisingly entertaining. Enough said really.
Page 85 of 104