Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 7:18 AM
I did actually read through all the posts, and the uberfailing of people NOT and making the same fuckups made me facepalm. However, I will be trying this VERY soon...like tomorrow evening!

Ask me about my Luigi Largo Sim.
I'll tell you about the Satanic snowman he made in college. And how he loves cleaning the toilet.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=400724
Here for WIN.
Advertisement
Instructor
#77 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 7:37 AM
Quote:
The first time I did this, I made a balding guy with oversized glasses and pale skin.

And this is supposed to mean what? People with pale skin a creepy?

Maybe you're one of those people who think you can only be attractive and a nice person if you tan. Whether you lay in the sun and cook yourself (and ensure wrinkles when at a younger age in the future) or load your self up with horrible fake stuff, it doesn't matter. I mean, the fake tanning is just as bad or worse as a real tan because of the harmful chemicals. And I have done my research, feel free to quote me. In fact I have these words straight from a pharmacist and other people in the medical field.

Therefore, I am pale. I always have been always will.

My father almost died of skin cancer, but luckily he lived but has a massive scar on his neck.

So I find that very offensive. Thank you.

Smile.
It's easier than explaining why you're sad.
Lab Assistant
#78 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 2:46 PM
I'm pale too. My skin only has two settings: ghost and tomato. I wasn't really offended by the creepy comment but I think she meant unnaturally pale, like unhealthily. There are healthy pales, and unhealthy pales (the kind that come from sitting in front of a computer at all hours playing MMOs and never going out to exercise). And wouldn't it be a good thing for your killer to look a little deranged?

Ask me about my Luigi Largo Sim.
I'll tell you about the Satanic snowman he made in college. And how he loves cleaning the toilet.
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=400724
Here for WIN.
Instructor
#79 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 11:05 PM
Would it be cheating to use warrior swords and the guns from simwardrobe?
Test Subject
#80 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 7:25 AM
I decided to do the seriel killer chalange, it is my first challenge, and sadly enough, it was not sucesful. BUT, I have pictures! I had more fun playing around with making the pictures then anything else, his life, sadly, only lasted three weeks in the sim world.

-----------------------------------------

Meet Troy Jefferson

First victim, Nervous Subject

Second victim, Ripp Grunt

Troy decided to get a new hair cut

Troy fell in love

Captured two victims, his love Crystal Vu and stranger Cyd Roseland

Remodled the house

Saw the ghosts of Cyd, Ripp, Nervous, and Crystal

Ghosts tend to scare Troy a lot

Capture four more victims. General Buzz Grunt, Tank Grunt, Lazlo Curious, and Quintent McAuley

The kitchen caught fire

THE END!
Troy was scared to death by Cyd's ghost while trying to hide in his bathroom

--------------------------------------------

Scoring:

Week One:
- +30 captured Nervous
= 30
Week Two:
- +30 Captured Ripp
- -20 aspiration in the red
- -30 Cyd declined to come over
- +30 Captured Cyd
- +30 Captured Crystal
- +50 Crush on Crystal
- +70 woohoo with Crystal
- +25 two victims
- +30 Captured Tank
- +30 Captured Ajay
- +25 two victims
- -50 closed sims, Tank got away
- -50 closed sims, Ajay got away
= 170
Week Three:
- +100 Cyd ghost
- +100 Ripp ghost
- -10 aspiration in green
- +100 Crystal ghost
- +30 Captured General Buzz Grunt
- +30 Captured Tank Grunt
- +30 Captured Lazlo Curious
- +30 Captured Quinten McAuley
- +25 two victims
- +25 three victims
- +25 four victims
- +100 Nervous ghost
= 585
Total Score
= 785

------------------------------------------

Overall, it was enjoying. I have never done a challenge, and chose this as a first.
Banned
Original Poster
#81 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by x-tashi-x
And this is supposed to mean what? People with pale skin a creepy?

Maybe you're one of those people who think you can only be attractive and a nice person if you tan. Whether you lay in the sun and cook yourself (and ensure wrinkles when at a younger age in the future) or load your self up with horrible fake stuff, it doesn't matter. I mean, the fake tanning is just as bad or worse as a real tan because of the harmful chemicals. And I have done my research, feel free to quote me. In fact I have these words straight from a pharmacist and other people in the medical field.

Therefore, I am pale. I always have been always will.

My father almost died of skin cancer, but luckily he lived but has a massive scar on his neck.

So I find that very offensive. Thank you.

No, not ordinary pale skin, but "never sees sunlight" pale skin can look creepy on some people. For the record, I am at times pale due to chronic illness and I don't look creepy, just sick. So don't jump down my throat, drama llama.
Banned
Original Poster
#82 Old 8th Feb 2010 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NavyBabe09
I'm pale too. My skin only has two settings: ghost and tomato. I wasn't really offended by the creepy comment but I think she meant unnaturally pale, like unhealthily. There are healthy pales, and unhealthy pales (the kind that come from sitting in front of a computer at all hours playing MMOs and never going out to exercise). And wouldn't it be a good thing for your killer to look a little deranged?

ummm I'm a guy lol

And yes, that is exactly what I meant, thank you.
Banned
Original Poster
#83 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 12:26 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 5:14 PM.
Default Serial Killer Challenge: Death Knight Expansion
Here it is, folks: the first ever Sims challenge to have it's own expansion!

This version of the Serial Killer Challenge requires:

University, Open For Business, Nightlife and FreeTime EPs
Paladin's weapons from SimWardrobe
A twisted sense of humour and a willingness to simulate mass murder

How to play

Create your killer. This can be a creepy Sim like the original challenge, or you can make your killer look dapper/pretty. Either gender will do, any aspiration you like. However, they must be an adult.
Create a custom lot. Unlike the previous challenge, you do not need to build a prison - you are going to do a Marcel Petiot and turn your lovely domicile into a charnel house, furnished with all kinds of mind-bending horrors.
Pick a couple of rooms in your house, one to serve as a torture chamber, and another as a weapons room. Keep doors to both rooms set to "Lock.../Allow Me Only" at all times.

In the weapons room:
Fit the room with shelves or tables in whatever layout you like. By this time you should have downloaded some of Paladin's things, like the Disintegrator Ray and the Incendiary Bomb. Buy as many of those items as your weapons room has space for. DO NOT STORE WEAPONS OUTSIDE THIS ROOM! Once your killer has finished using a weapon, you must use the hand tool to put it back IMMEDIATELY. Failure to do so will cause you to fail the challenge.

In the torture chamber:
Dr. Petiot should be proud of this room. It should be nice and large, big enough to house a small hexagonal isolation chamber with lockable door and the following items:
Cowplant (Laganaphyllis Simnovorii)
The Eclectic and Enigmatic Energizer
Elixir of Life
Noodlesoother

Once your house is built, create your sim, move them in and furnish the required rooms as described above. Now your Sim is ready to start their unofficial career as a serial killer. Wait for random neighbours/townies to amble by. Once they do, get your Sim to greet them and then lure them into the torture chamber. Once they're inside, quickly dash out and lock the door, trapping the helpless neighbour/townie in the room. Once they're inside, use the boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true cheat, shift-click on the trapped Sim and select MAKE SELECTABLE to prevent them from simply bypassing the locked door. Then let your killer Sim happily go about his business while the trapped Sims slowly die from needs failure. Put one Sim inside the isolation chamber and the rest can be tortured with the various other items - if those Sims are in green or red aspiration, the negative effects of the aspiration rewards are triggered. There's a reason why each aspiration reward is tagged with an identical warning label!
The Energizer and Noodlesoother will both malfunction and drain the victims' motives, hastening their demise. The Elixir of Life will eat away at their life expectancies, and of course the cowplant will gobble unsuspecting Sims. However, I do recommend putting a shower stall in the chamber, since the cowplant won't eat Sims with low Hygiene. Once the torture devices are used up, however, you will need to replace them.
Now here's where the weapons come in: while one batch of victims is slowly dying in your personal chamber of horrors, your Sim can also invite other guests into the normal parts of the house and use all those lovely weapons on them. Pour them a drink and then shoot them with the disintegrator while they're occupied. Plant the Incendiary Bomb near them, set it and run!
Use the Assault Rifle to cut down a group of party guests. It's Sim-splattering madness! Just remember to PUT THE WEAPONS BACK when you're done and CLEAN UP THE URNS the Grim Reaper leaves behind. If you like, you can sell the urns, but be careful since this has been known to corrupt lots and neighbourhoods on some systems.

Rules
You may not capture or kill Tiffany Zarubin... simply because the game will not let her die! Not even Paladin's arsenal did the trick!
You must not leave any weapons laying around. You will fail the challenge if this happens. As soon as your killer is finished with a weapon, put it back in the weapons room. Weapons must not be put in your killer's inventory.
Weapons must not be used outside: someone might see the murder and the last thing the killer needs is any witnesses.
Your victims must die on their own or on the business end of a weapon, no boolpropping their deaths(eg. no using Rodney's Death Generator).
You can trap multiple victims for bonus points, but watch out! I've had victims escape on me and this will cause you to lose points(and your neighbours will actually become suspicious of you!).
You can call neighbours and invite them over in order to trap them.
Your killer may not drink the cowplant milk. Make your victims drink it, hehehe
Your killer may not drink the Elixir of Life. Use it to torment your victims.
Your killer may not visit community lots, since the police are on the trail and the killer must avoid detection. Friends/lovers/potential victims have to come from the sidewalk and welcome wagon.
The challenge ends when your killer dies of old age.

Scoring

+200 for each visitor burned to death
+100 for each visitor disintegrated or shot
+30 for each neighbour your Sim traps
+20 for each NPC your Sim traps
+10 for each victim you trap using boolProp

Bonuses

+25 (on top of the base value) for each additional lured victim if multiple victims are in there at once
+15 (on top of the base value) for each additional boolpropped victim if multiple victims are in there at once
+30 for each victim eaten by the cowplant
+10 for each time a victim freezes solid
+20 for each time a victim suffers heatstroke
+40 for each victim struck by lightning
+30 if the victim is someone the killer was best friends with
+50 if the victim was the killer's crush
+70 if the victim woohooed with the killer at least once
+100 for each victim who becomes a ghost
+50 each time the social bunny makes an appearance
+2000 for disintegrating Rod Humble (it requires precision timing, but it IS possible!)

Penalties

-50 for each victim who escapes
-10 each time your killer's aspiration level drops into green
-20 each time your killer's aspiration drops into red
-30 for each neighbour who declines a telephone invitation to come over
-30 for each potential victim you fail to trap
-50 if a romance goes bust
-100 for each urn broken
-2000 if your killer or their partner procreates
Fail challenge if weapons are left laying around or used outside
Fail challenge if killer dies of anything other than old age

No bonuses or penalties given for torturing with aspiration rewards.
Site Helper
#84 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 12:50 PM
It's not just Tiffany Zarubin. Any member of the Garden Club will be immortal until you move them into the household as an active sim. Then you can "Make me a Townie" with the cat from simlogical and they are fair game.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Banned
Original Poster
#85 Old 28th Feb 2010 at 9:19 PM
*shrugs* I'd just prefer to leave them out of the challenge. There are plenty of other Sims to kill.
Mad Poster
#86 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 9:49 AM
i've started this challenge. thank you for it, i'm having fun so far.

i'll try to get some pictures up when i open my game again.
Banned
Original Poster
#87 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 11:47 PM
Challenge Patch:

There is an exception to the 'no weapons outside' rule: since you can't invite Rod Humble in, you can shoot or burninate him just after he puts the computer down on the front porch. All other visitors, however, must be brought inside before you can off them.

Like in the original challenge, you can also boolprop-select victims and get them into the chamber that way. You get less points for this though.
Banned
Original Poster
#88 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 11:01 AM
Unfortunately, I seem to have lost the pictures I took, but here's my final score:

Killer: Ray Goodfellow

Rod Humble survived: +0
Trapped John Mole +20
Trapped Hannah Bell +30 +25
Trapped Natasha Una +30 +25
Disintegrated Nery Turner +100
Disintegrated Skylar Miguel +100
Disintegrated Luis Aspir +100
Disintegrated Nicholas Mamuyac +100
Trapped Rose Dal +20
Trapped Jace Macarevich +20 +25
Trapped Camryn Lee +20 +25
Disintegrated Jihoon Hsu +100
Trapped Christy Toyonaga +20
Trapped LaShawn Cameron +20 +25
Disintegrated Nikki Zhang +100
Trapped Komei Dennis +20 +25
Lost Yamsi Tomyoy -50
Trapped Linda Barthelet +20
Trapped Tyler Fuchs +20 +25
Trapped Maloko St. Julien +20 +25
Trapped Carl Chalmers +20 +25
Green Aspiration -10
Disintegrated Shelby Fairchild +100
Trapped Christa Hsu +20
Trapped Vyn Scott +20 +25
Trapped Lexie Vu +20 +25
Failed to woo Christy Inada -50
Lost Christy Inada -50
Fed Vyn Scott to cowplant +30
Green Aspiration -10

TOTAL 1175
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
It's not just Tiffany Zarubin. Any member of the Garden Club will be immortal until you move them into the household as an active sim. Then you can "Make me a Townie" with the cat from simlogical and they are fair game.

You can also boolprop and give the death token.

Call me Isobel

*hates recorders, no-touch-the-baby mommies, and lost dice"
Forum Resident
#90 Old 26th Mar 2010 at 11:51 PM
I wanted to play this challenge so badly (too many crowded hoods) but for some reason those sims WILL. NOT. DIE! Not even neighbours that I moved in. They just stand they, complaining about hunger desperation with all needs red and will not die. I have 3 cowplants there and even they don't eat those stupid sims It's not even about the hygiene, they just smell the sims and leave them alone. Weirdest thing is that not even the Death Creator works! I give up.

MaraLetsPlay on Youtube - Sims Let's Plays and Livestreams
Mara @ LJ - Downloads and stories
TS2 Patch and Pre-made Sim Archive | TS2 Townie/NPC Archive | TS3 Pre-made Sim Archive
Mad Poster
#91 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 12:03 AM
I have a little mod in my game that gets rid of sims very quickly and efficiently. An AK-47 gun. Serial killers don't mess around!

I've gotten rid of more than a few that way-and I have a mod that gives the heirs their inheritance in case of "accidental" death.
Field Researcher
#92 Old 27th Mar 2010 at 12:42 PM
nice challenge, gonna try this challenge later.
will post the score and some pictures soon!

Quote:
Call me Jarod , Jad , Jar , Jaro , Rod....
If you r a GUY , why don't you come and join us , the group "JUST FOR GUYS" :D
Field Researcher
#93 Old 28th Mar 2010 at 3:34 AM
my killer::

=====Point Point Point=======
be best friend with Charlie Tang +30
trapped Charlie Tang +30
trapped Barly Hood, West Hood + 50(25 for each trapped while a victim is inside the trap room)
Charlie Tang eatan by cowplant for taking the cake +30
Invitation refused -30
West Hood escaped -50
Barly Hood stroke by lighting +40
Be best friend with Diana Blossom +30
Woohoo'ed with Diana Blossom +70
trapped Diana Blossom +25
trapped Angel Lrib and Amanda Lrib(My sister sims lol) +50
Angel Lrib eatan by cowplant +30
Amanda Lrib escaped -50
Saw ghost of Barly Hood +100
Diana Blossom died by starve

365 points...meh
may get more points if my sims not eatan by that cowplant!

My killer was accidently eatan by my cowplant for taking cake(was going to feed it but i click the wrong one)

Quote:
Call me Jarod , Jad , Jar , Jaro , Rod....
If you r a GUY , why don't you come and join us , the group "JUST FOR GUYS" :D
Test Subject
#94 Old 29th Mar 2010 at 5:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I have a little mod in my game that gets rid of sims very quickly and efficiently. An AK-47 gun. Serial killers don't mess around!

I've gotten rid of more than a few that way-and I have a mod that gives the heirs their inheritance in case of "accidental" death.

Can you upload or post a link to the AK-47?
Mad Poster
#95 Old 30th Mar 2010 at 6:18 PM
Another fine product of SimWardrobe:

http://www.simwardrobe.com/

Look under Sims 2>Objects>Shooters>Assault Rifle.

It works best if you have OFB. I had it before, and it didn't work. Now that I have OFB, and Seasons, it works beautifully.

Some of those sims, though, really enjoy using it...
Field Researcher
#96 Old 5th Apr 2010 at 9:20 AM
Wow...I kinda wish I could do this. But I don't have all the EP's. This challenge is quite hilarious for some reason. haha
Test Subject
#97 Old 6th Apr 2010 at 12:19 AM
Default Use a witch
If you are a AL witch sim, you can make rooms with no doors, teleport into these rooms, summon sims into them and then teleport out. THe NPC sims will be trapped and will not escape. You wont need the make selectable cheat.
Test Subject
#98 Old 9th Apr 2010 at 11:53 AM
Lmfao. I failed this; my killer died. I guess the bomb went off farther than I thought it would and she wouldn't run when I told her to. Ahahaa.

"Of course this is happening inside your head, Harry. But why on Earth should that mean it's not real?" ALBUS PERCIVAL WULFRIC BRIAN DUMBLEDORE.

"NOT MY DAUGHTER YOU BITCH!" Molly Weasley.

To my French class, I am known as Ron Weasley. Because we are a cool bunch.
Top Secret Researcher
#99 Old 13th Apr 2010 at 12:07 AM
lol
I once did something like this on the Xbox (the first Xbox) Sims 2 version, but the friggin evil Asian sim pulled a cartoon hole out of her pocket, threw it on the ground, and jumped in and she wasn't trapped anymore! It was so cartoony, but it really happened. I was pissed!

But for PC? It can happen? Wow, I might try!

ENTJ
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 15th May 2010 at 2:25 PM
*raises hand* I'd like to try this, this sounds interesting. Funny thing, I used to play this game - without the rules, and I'd called it "House of Horror", I'd make a house of eight strangers and lock 'em all in a room until they died and the person who survived would win $500,000 and a fresh start at a new life - where I don't kill them. The one who survived was an elderly woman - who, ironically died of old age, a day after moving her in to her new home.

- CHALLENGE INFORMATION -
Sim Name: Laires Rellik
Aspiration: Knowledge

Laires Rellik, which spells 'serial killer' backwards, is a Ted Bundy and Norman Bates hybrid. Handsome and soft-spoken, Laires can charm the pants off anyone. Helpful, mild-mannered and sweet, no one in Ramona knows Laires dark secret - he's a serial killer. Obsessed with his victims mementos, Laires not only keeps their urns, he paints their portraits and hang their pictures on the walls in his home. "Some are friends, some are family." Laires often tell the curious-minded people who inquire about those photos. Will Laires get away with murdering the whole town?

BACKGROUND INFORMATION: I wanted to make a "normal-looking" guy because everyone looks for "ugly people" as murder suspects. I wanted Laires to blend in with the neighbors so he can get away with more murders. I wanted to create a guy that both men and women can be comfortable around.

Pictures to come soon!
Page 4 of 8