Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 9:05 AM
Default Problem Extracting a few hairs
Hi: I am trying to extract a few hairs which are not seen in bodyshop. The first one is afhaircrown which has a flag number as: 0x0000000A. Normaly one sees a single or double digit number at the end and reduce that number by one to make the item appear in bodyshop, but what should I change this flag number to I wonder? I also try extacting this hair: afhairhatmaid_black which is maid's original hair. It has a flag number : 0x0000000B. The same as the other hair, don't know what to change that flag number to, in order for it to appear in bodyshop. Help is appreciated, thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 7:04 PM
If you need to reduce the number by one, then A would be 9. B would be A, but that's probably not going to help you, either. Why not try 9 for both of them? (The numbers used in SimPE are in hexadecimal. If you Google, you can find a number of hexadecimal calculators that will help you figure out how to add or subtract those numbers.)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Oct 2015 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
If you need to reduce the number by one, then A would be 9. B would be A, but that's probably not going to help you, either. Why not try 9 for both of them? (The numbers used in SimPE are in hexadecimal. If you Google, you can find a number of hexadecimal calculators that will help you figure out how to add or subtract those numbers.)
Hi. I did look up and I found a hexadecimal explanation as to numbers 0-9 representing just that and letters A-F representing 10-15 so i made the A into 9 as you had also suggested, but the hair still doesn't show up. It is weird since this reducing the number by one has always worked before. Of course I never had to deal with letters and usually things that do show up after changing the last digit of the flag number are usually numbers,so I don't know what more i can do. . Too bad cause I like that hair and wanted to do a retexture on it, well If you come up with new info please let me know and I appreciate that. Thank a lot either way.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Oct 2015 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
Ok a new try after rereading moraque's tutorial. This time I am getting strange results ,I think maxis has goofed up. I look up afhairhatmaid and made a package and when I look at bodyshop, I did not get the maids hair but instead I got that bun hair with the big crown called afhaircrown including the grey which I hadn't included in the package. Then I took it out of downloads and made a package with afhaircrown and changed the last digit which was an A with number 9 as A means 10. This time no new hair showed up. It seem like maxis has mixed up afhairhatmaid with afhaircrown for some reason.