Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 3:20 PM
Default Hair/Clothing recat - limit to certain skintones?
Is it possible, when recategorising hair and clothing, to change the values when editing in SimPE so that the clothes or hairs only show up/spawn for certain skintones? Similar to the way you can change the values to make them show up in different outfit bins I guess.

for example, i've got a bunch of castaway 'tribal' outfits that i'd like to stop spawning on my white townies, or my white playables when they age up, and the same with the Maxis dreadlocks and a load of other stuff like that.

I can find loads of tutorials for changing the colour flags on hairs and the outfit bin values on clothes, but is there a way to recat things for skintone? and if so, could someone teach me what I have to do?

thanks everyone!

Fish
xxx
Advertisement
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Nov 2015 at 5:05 PM
I did that with skintone per hair colors. The line is 'skintone', some of them work, but others don't for some reason. Like, I can get hairs to hide based on skintone (afros for only S4) but I couldn't get the face templates to do the same. I didn't experiment with clothing, but you can try it out. The downside is that the hair will only show up for that particular skintone, so if you want it for S3s as well as S4s, you either have to make a duplicate, or you are out of luck. I personally used both of Nouk's hair color families to get S4 and S3 the same hair but slightly different colors. Let me know if it works on clothing!