Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2015 at 9:12 PM
Default Recolouring a hidden mesh
Probably a silly question, but how do I go about recolouring a mesh that doesn't show up in Bodyshop? I want to make some separated undies and while I know there's a naked bottom mesh in the game files, none of the clothes in Bodyshop seem to be using it. Can I link a new recolour to the game mesh so I can then recolour it, or do I need to make a new, standalone mesh?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 8:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
Probably a silly question, but how do I go about recolouring a mesh that doesn't show up in Bodyshop? I want to make some separated undies and while I know there's a naked bottom mesh in the game files, none of the clothes in Bodyshop seem to be using it. Can I link a new recolour to the game mesh so I can then recolour it, or do I need to make a new, standalone mesh?
Hi: that is true,you can not see a bottom to recolor. Here is what you can do.
1- Make a recolor of any bottom pants,skirt anything just to have the right comments. Extract the mesh using pjse function and do fix integrity and give it a new name then press ok. I usually make a name on the top window where it says SimPE and copy the name and paste behind each mesh part right behind the _ underscore and then press ok ,commit and save.
2. Make a recolor of an underwear and extract the mesh with it's morphs and save in a folder on desktop.
3-Open the underwear mesh in milkshape and cut out the top and it's morphs and save it as bottom edit in the same folder.
4- Now open your new bottom mesh in SimPE and link the recolor you made to it. Afterwards you can replace the mesh with what you cut out in milkshape. make sure all the comments are exactly like the original bottom mesh. Commit and save. Now you can open bodyshop and put on some sexy lingerei on it and you'll have a bottom separate. piece of cake. since you got the bottom from an underwear mesh, you can also do the same procedure but instead of cutting out the top, cut out the bottom and use the the top for creating your own skintight top if you want for example make bigger boobies or bigger arms than maxis, but don't touch the waist line as it won't match with your bottom. Good luck.