Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 10:32 PM
Default Ghost Hunters
Ghost Hunters - http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/

I have to ask, but is anyone else as completely obsessed with this show as I am? >>;

It's literally the only show I make time to sit down and watch every week, I've also seen every episode to date. xD So yeah, any other GH lovers out there?
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 11:06 PM
HELL YES! It's about time someone made a thread about this show. I absolutely love it. I'm completely obsessed. I have Steve as my friend on myspace and everything.

I can't wait for the new season to start on Wednesday... so excited! It should be awesome.

One of my favorite episodes was the one at Eastern State Pennitentiary. Not just because I live kinda near it (it's in Philly), but because it was an amazing episode. I loved when they went running from whatever they heard and got bitched out about it by Jason.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 11:15 PM
Quote:
One of my favorite episodes was the one at Eastern State Pennitentiary. Not just because I live kinda near it (it's in Philly), but because it was an amazing episode. I loved when they went running from whatever they heard and got bitched out about it by Jason.

Haha! I love that one, too! It was pretty unprofessional to the people who asked them to come, but hilarious to me.
Apparently a lot of people don't like Brian H. much, but despite how irresponsible and careless he can be sometimes, I find him kind of funny. ^^
I like the whole cast, for the most part, but Tango and Steve are my favorite. :D
There was a spin-off of this show, right? :/ Or am I thinking of some other show.. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure there is one, I just haven't bothered to watch not even an episode yet. (What a fan I am, right.)

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 29th Aug 2008 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by afinefrenzy
LOL!! That was funny. XD Then in a later episode Brian has that hat on that says, "Dude, RUN!!" I cracked up when Steve commented on it. xD Ugh, I so can't wait for the new season!! My top three favorite episodes are the St. Augustine Lighthouse, Crescent Hotel, and Eastern State.

Mai: Yes, there is a spin-off called Ghost Hunters International. It's really good, in my opinion! Brian Harnois is now on this show instead of the original GH, so you can still watch him.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 12:14 AM
I watch it every now and then. It's like Supernatural without the hot guys . I liked the Eastern State Penitentiary episode, too. Don't watch it when you're home alone at night, though... I speak from experience and got scared shitless :P.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 12:22 AM
Oh! Well I'll have to check it out sometime, thanks. I just haven't had much time to watch TV at all these days. Not that big of a fan of Brian, but I do like him.

I love the humor on GH. I literally LMAO'd when Jason and Grant were on the road, Jason marveled (or at least I think he was marveling forgot that episode.) at how many people actually lived in the city they were in judging by the many cars on the road, and Grant replied with, "No, it's just the same people driving around in circles."
Okay, so it's actually not that funny when I type it down, but I had a good laugh. xD I'm not sure why I only distinctly remember that particular joke.

Quote:
I watch it every now and then. It's like Supernatural without the hot guys . I liked the Eastern State Penitentiary episode, too. Don't watch it when you're home alone at night, though... I speak from experience and got scared shitless .

I watch all of their episodes alone. :o I remember at the beginning of the show, scary images would be edited into random parts just to give a scare. It worked, on me, anyway. I hated that, so I'm glad they don't do it anymore for the other seasons.

Alchemist
#7 Old 30th Aug 2008 at 12:53 AM
There ARE hot guys on GH! Dave Tango, anyone? :lovestruc

Courtesy of his myspace.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 9:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mai
Oh! Well I'll have to check it out sometime, thanks. I just haven't had much time to watch TV at all these days. Not that big of a fan of Brian, but I do like him.
Well, on that link I posted they have just about every full GHI episode available online, so you can always watch them there! I sometimes prefer doing that actually, way less annoying commercials. :P

afinefrenzy: Tango is such a cutie! I love how Steve dares him to climb under that bug infested porch for money in that one episode and Tango goes under and is like, "Oh my god, what is THAT!? Steve!!" xD
Mad Poster
#9 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 9:20 PM
I LOVE Ghost Hunters! I'm from the UK and I discovered it a couple of months ago as sky three play it late on Wed nights.

It has quite a big, dedicated fan base. I think the reason it's so popular is because they actually use scientific methods and debunk things, rather than just jumping to conclusions and saying 'it's haunted' just because someone heard a noise, so you have a lot of faith in that what they've found is real. They've found some fantastic things too; that Eastern State Penitentiary episode and the lighthouse one: spooky.

I agree that Tango is hot!

EDIT: I have a habit of accidentally watching it late at night. I live on my own, in a really quiet area and always keep my doors shut (fire safety obv) so when I've watched GH I have to run round my flat opening all the doors and switching on the lights before I have a chance to chicken out! Otherwise I'm sat in my living room for ages trying to pluck up the courage!
Test Subject
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2008 at 8:32 PM
Um, I don't know, does anyone notice a trend here for me...

*shows religiously watch*
-Supernatural
-Ghost Hunters
-X-Files
-Paranormal State
-The Office (that can be considered paranormal!)
-Heroes
-A Haunting

:D

So yeah, Ghosthunters is about one of the very few reality tv I just live for, 'cause every other one I shun with distaste What I love about it the most me thinks, is that there so level headed. Like, they don't dismiss the possibility of the existence, but they don't cave in to superstition and a mere 'feeling'. They're very scientific and logical, and I mean, if you want to prove something exists, you gotta go about it like it doesn't.

And if I'm not mistaken, new season starts today! YAY! :banana:

And I agree with afinefrenzy, Dave Tango is so cute! And sweet!

Niles is trying to grow a moustache. So far it is barely visible
Niles: I grant you, it's at an early stage.
Frasier: What stage? Research and development?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Sep 2008 at 1:49 AM
Haha, last week's new episode was hilarious. Especially when Tango starts cussing at the spirit to try and provoke it, to no avail. I about died laughing! xD
Mad Poster
#12 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 10:20 PM
We don't have the new episodes over here yet I'm jealous. The Eastern State Penitentiary one was on last night (first one), I watched it earlier, sooo spooky!
Alchemist
#13 Old 11th Sep 2008 at 10:43 PM
AHAH. Last night was hilarious. Tango and Chris getting stuck in that phone booth thing.

I wouldn't mind being stuck in a phone booth with Tango...
#14 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 3:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by afinefrenzy
I wouldn't mind being stuck in a phone booth with Tango...

Me either! or Steve..... :umm:
#15 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 3:30 AM
I LOVE this show!! My mom and I used to watch this all the time together, now I just watch it. Sadly I missed last nights episode I always have to catch the 10:00pm one cause of the kids LOL, and I'm such a big baby so I usually end up freaking myself out hahaha. Is it on any other nights so I can catch the one I missed?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 5:02 AM
Sadly, they are only on Wednesday nights as far as I'm aware unless there is some kind of special marathon going on. They had one for Memorial Day weekend but that's the only time I've ever seen the show aired on a night other than Wednesday. Sometimes they'll post recently aired episodes online, which you can watch on their website though. :D
Test Subject
#17 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 4:51 PM
Yeah, or just hope to catch it off chance between the repeats they give pretty much all Wednesday night, like from seven or six to the new episodes at nine or eight.

Tango to me is just simply the most hilarious one, like I mean the poor guy doesn't even intend to be, but he is. And he's so gullible! Steve always manages to get him, that sly devil. I don't know, to me they're the funnest pair, though him and Chris getting stuck in the phone booth was hysterical. She's all laughing, and he's all freaking out, hee, he's too cute.

The conversation they managed to have with the nine year old boy was just...wow, yeah. I still don't know what to think about it, but still pretty cool.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 7:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JocusDorkus2
The conversation they managed to have with the nine year old boy was just...wow, yeah. I still don't know what to think about it, but still pretty cool.
Oh man, I know!! I don't think I would have invited him home with me like Jay did, rofl, but really it is kind of sad if the boy ghost is lonely there.
#19 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Avara
Oh man, I know!! I don't think I would have invited him home with me like Jay did, rofl, but really it is kind of sad if the boy ghost is lonely there.

It was hilarious though when J said that he better text the wife and tell her he might be bringing 'someone' home with him.

I just love when Steve and Tango are working together. They are hilarious.
Test Subject
#20 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 8:08 PM
Yeah, I guess in way he felt comfortable enough to do that, 'cause the boy didn't cause any threat or anything, on the contrary, more obedient than my own nieces! lol

That was hilarious though, and I think he really did, 'cause he took out his phone and everything LOL

I can't wait for next week's, even though at the moment I can't remember the preview for shiznit. :smash:

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 12th Sep 2008 at 11:33 PM
Well, according to the site the next episode is called 'The Boy In The Brothel'. Rofl, this should be interesting. XD
Test Subject
#22 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 12:14 AM
I was in the Oak Platation!

Yeah, about three or four years ago, I went to New Orleans with my sister, and one of the tours that we went on included a trip to two plantations, one which was of course the very famous Oak Alley plantation, and wow... Just a beautiful place. I've got pictures...if I can find them.

Anywho, it would have been cool if they had done this episode before I went, 'cause then I would have known what to look for! Well, no matter, maybe I get lucky on my second visit? lol

Though, I might have not seen anything at the plantation, I sure did at the Inn we stayed in, right in the French Quarter, though sadly, no evidence for it

#23 Old 10th Oct 2008 at 12:42 AM
I'd just like to say, That I think it was..Ghost Busters who came to Connecticut and investigated a house that is said to be haunted. It's called Pettibones Tavern.
Picture Here, it's an older picture though. I feel very special as having the people of Ghost Busters about 10 minutes away from me, Investigating a haunted house.
http://redshutter.com/pettibones/petti3-1.jpg

The most popular legend says that Abigail Pettibone was caught in a tryst with one of the local men when her husband returned early from a whaling trip. The enraged sailor is reputed to have used an axe to dispatch both Abigail and her lover. Opening managers have come in the morning to find furniture stacked up or rearranged. One opening manager arrived to find one of the oak Hitchcock chairs smashed to pieces in the middle of the dining room. This was more than enough proof of the supernatural activity, because no mortal could have done that to an indestructible Hitchcock chair.
Test Subject
#24 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 8:12 PM
OMG! I lovelovelove this show!! It's my favorite! This show is the reason why I have an [un]healthy obsession with the Waverly Hills Sanitarium. Annnnnd I'm just dying to stay at The Stanley Hotel here in my hometown of Colorado but their waiting list is like 2+ years long. In fact, Jason and Grant are doing some expo sort of thing there the weekend of November 9th (my husband and I's 4 year anniversary) and I'd kill to do it but we just don't have the money =\

Anyway, I can't wait for the Halloween special tomorrow!!
Field Researcher
#25 Old 23rd Nov 2008 at 5:59 AM
I fricken love this show it's the best ever.
All of them are hilarious especially Steve and Tango lol.
I'm obsessed over that show I watched the halloween special and omg I loved it lol.