Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#601 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 7:16 PM
Since the topic is aliens at this point in time... I have a dilemma that will change the course of my neighborhood's story.

I have an alien sim (Hanuel) that is co-parenting, and was never romantically involved, with another sim, Tarek. I tried repeatedly to get the two together, but they weren't interested in each other. My problem is that Hanuel wants to fall in love. It's the one want that never disappears. He's very much a family sim, but he wants a relationship outside of his friendly co-parent and their children.

This is the decision that I have to make. Should Hanuel move into his own home or stay with Tarek and the children regardless?

The town is very small. Hanuel will never move far away from his children. In fact, I could honestly say, he would live down the street from them. Tarek and Hanuel are also best friends, and Tarek would be happy to allow the children to stay with Hanuel for short and long periods of time. It would also give Tarek the chance to find someone for himself. He's fooled around with one or two sims, but it never worked out.

There's also the twins to consider. Of all the kids in Sedona, these two are really smart (practically genius level), so I don't think they'd take it too bad, but I honestly don't know.

The main thing is that Hanuel makes a drastic decision based on what choice is made. But I don't know what to choose!

*silently flails and rages like a complaining sim*

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#602 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 8:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
Since the topic is aliens at this point in time... I have a dilemma that will change the course of my neighborhood's story.

I have an alien sim (Hanuel) that is co-parenting, and was never romantically involved, with another sim, Tarek. I tried repeatedly to get the two together, but they weren't interested in each other. My problem is that Hanuel wants to fall in love. It's the one want that never disappears. He's very much a family sim, but he wants a relationship outside of his friendly co-parent and their children.

This is the decision that I have to make. Should Hanuel move into his own home or stay with Tarek and the children regardless?

The town is very small. Hanuel will never move far away from his children. In fact, I could honestly say, he would live down the street from them. Tarek and Hanuel are also best friends, and Tarek would be happy to allow the children to stay with Hanuel for short and long periods of time. It would also give Tarek the chance to find someone for himself. He's fooled around with one or two sims, but it never worked out.

There's also the twins to consider. Of all the kids in Sedona, these two are really smart (practically genius level), so I don't think they'd take it too bad, but I honestly don't know.

The main thing is that Hanuel makes a drastic decision based on what choice is made. But I don't know what to choose!

*silently flails and rages like a complaining sim*

Is there a Sim that Hanuel might become involved with? I don't know that I would have Hanuel move until there is someone that Hanuel might want to be involved with Romantically. You might create a Sim in CAS for this purpose and then have Hanuel move.

I would certainly have Hanuel move if there is a Sim that Hanuel meets and this Sim is such that he could be involved with Romantically.

If there is really no one that Hanuel will likely be involved with Romantically and you don't provide one via CAS I would have Hanuel stay where he is.

Worse comes to worse and you are not sure if you should provide a Sim via CAS, choose randomly whether you are going to try the CAS route.

I hope that I helped.

BTW I just installed Sedona myself.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#603 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 10:47 PM
He doesn't have to move in order to find Someone to Love. He just has to get out to community lots and greet people. When he finds the one he loves, that sim can move in and they can be one big happy communal family.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#604 Old 21st Apr 2018 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
He doesn't have to move in order to find Someone to Love. He just has to get out to community lots and greet people. When he finds the one he loves, that sim can move in and they can be one big happy communal family.
True, but I have a difficult time seeing Tarek handle it easily. He had a hard enough time allowing Hanuel to move in to help with the children.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Alchemist
#605 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:02 AM
Hmm, well are apartments an option? Either a proper apartment lot or a dummy one (residential lot with detached units, kinda like some of the Veronaville houses). Maybe everyone should move to a place that better suits their lifestyle. Separate apartment units, a house with an in-law suite/renting unit, or a two family house could all work to give each sim their own spaces while allowing them to be close to the kids. They'd have privacy for romantic pursuits and wouldn't be in each other's business, but there'd always be a parent around to babysit. Would Tarek handle things better if there were more clearly defined boundaries like that?

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#606 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:05 PM
I need some help too.
Cassandra and Mortimer caught Dina and Don with eachother, and both relationships ended. However, Don got Cassandra pregnant the day before. I have the sim blender to abort the pregnancy, but Cassandra wants to have a baby. What should I do?
Mad Poster
#607 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:08 PM
Let her have it and sue Don for child support.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Forum Resident
#608 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 4:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
Let her have it and sue Don for child support.

Hmmmm... that sounds nice, although I have no idea how to do that, and I don't play Don so he has little to no money. Well, it's surely work out, I guess.
Mad Poster
#609 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 5:06 PM Last edited by Rosebine : 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:43 PM. Reason: removed an old download link
If you have Monique's Child support mod, you would not have to do anything. It would be ON by default(pretty sure it is?) Then the child would receive Don's money every..week I think it is.
See, I do have the mod, but rarely have parents living apart..

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Top Secret Researcher
#610 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
If you have Monique's Child support mod, you would not have to do anything. It would be ON by default(pretty sure it is?) Then the child would receive Don's money every..week I think it is.
See, I do have the mod, but rarely have parents living apart..
http://modthesims.info/d/163933

@sugoisama
I use Monique's Child support Mod, works quite nicely. Install it and I think Don will send money regularly until his child is in College. It is on by by Default. I frequently have the child not living with the Father, lol.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Theorist
#611 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:42 PM
Ancient Highway updated Monique's mod to work with AL. That mod is over here over at Simbology 3rd post down.

MQ update was in 2006. AH update was in 2009 (accordin to the mod files in the downloads).
Mad Poster
#612 Old 22nd Apr 2018 at 10:43 PM
Yes! sorry, I should have linked to the updated one. I'll fix this..
Thank you.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#613 Old 28th Apr 2018 at 11:28 PM
Well, this is kind of a story dilemma.

I have been going back and forth with the idea of a fifth vacation hood. Right now, I have the three Maxis ones and one custom. (And yes, I made the custom one AFTER its mountain Maxis cousin, so I should be OK that way ... I must have read the Jawsusa post concerning that about twenty times!)

Right now, I have a beach version of the bunaglow hotel I have in the contest (actually, the beach version came before the mountain version) and the lighthouse. I have a smallish terrain to work with ... enough for buildings, but not so, so much that it will take me months to finish. I have some beach lot templates I can use. I flatten beach lots because it's more versatile and leads to less crashing. I add hills and other elevation changes later, if desired.

As many of you know, you can play a motel/hotel in a main hood. There are limitations. You don't get a tour guide (I don't miss 'im), and you can't leave the motel/hotel to go to a community lot. So you'd pretty much have to stay on-premises.

Problem is, I downloaded so many cool tropical plants from PBK. I could make a second shopping district and have farms and farms of pineapples, papayas, etc.. Having them in a vacation hood limits the time you can play with these plants. (Sunni was truly a genius when it came to taking this game in new directions. I still miss her.) That could open one line of possibilities.

On the other hand, a vacation hood could be fun. While I don't play vacation lots all the time, I play them often and enjoy them. Sims could stay in the little bungalow motel for now, and I can make other hotels/motels, or move some of the ones I've made over to the new vacation hood. Once I stop cursing at Freezy the housekeeper and fix any Freezy issues as much as humanly possible (I can eventually get it to about 98% fixed ... you can't really guarantee 100%), and barring any BV nonsense (unfortunately, Freezy is not the only problem with BV), I almost wish I can join my Sims when they go on a trip!

I'm really back and forth about whether I want a fifth vacation hood or a second shopping hood with main-hood hotels. The advantage to the shopping hood, I guess, is that Sims could BUY a lot of pineapples and papayas from local farmers. The shopping hood, though, will require more Sims to farm the plants, though some of my Uni students could go over there. But I haven't even filled my main hood or my shopping hood yet! There is plenty of room for lots. I'm making (and occasionally downloading, since I don't have time to make ALL of them!) as many as I can!

Sooo ... would you folks lean toward a fifth tropical vacation hood or a second shopping hood that happens to be tropical? I guess the shopping hood could be some sort of territory or something.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Theorist
#614 Old 29th Apr 2018 at 11:27 AM
I know very little about Vacation hoods or setting up hotels in one of the non-vacation hoods. But making it a shopping district with hotels opens up other interesting possibilities down the road; you could still treat it as a different country and settle playable natives and expats there down there road.

Also gonna look at those plants now...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Top Secret Researcher
#615 Old 30th Apr 2018 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gazania
Well, this is kind of a story dilemma.

I have been going back and forth with the idea of a fifth vacation hood. Right now, I have the three Maxis ones and one custom. (And yes, I made the custom one AFTER its mountain Maxis cousin, so I should be OK that way ... I must have read the Jawsusa post concerning that about twenty times!)

Right now, I have a beach version of the bunaglow hotel I have in the contest (actually, the beach version came before the mountain version) and the lighthouse. I have a smallish terrain to work with ... enough for buildings, but not so, so much that it will take me months to finish. I have some beach lot templates I can use. I flatten beach lots because it's more versatile and leads to less crashing. I add hills and other elevation changes later, if desired.

As many of you know, you can play a motel/hotel in a main hood. There are limitations. You don't get a tour guide (I don't miss 'im), and you can't leave the motel/hotel to go to a community lot. So you'd pretty much have to stay on-premises.

Problem is, I downloaded so many cool tropical plants from PBK. I could make a second shopping district and have farms and farms of pineapples, papayas, etc.. Having them in a vacation hood limits the time you can play with these plants. (Sunni was truly a genius when it came to taking this game in new directions. I still miss her.) That could open one line of possibilities.

On the other hand, a vacation hood could be fun. While I don't play vacation lots all the time, I play them often and enjoy them. Sims could stay in the little bungalow motel for now, and I can make other hotels/motels, or move some of the ones I've made over to the new vacation hood. Once I stop cursing at Freezy the housekeeper and fix any Freezy issues as much as humanly possible (I can eventually get it to about 98% fixed ... you can't really guarantee 100%), and barring any BV nonsense (unfortunately, Freezy is not the only problem with BV), I almost wish I can join my Sims when they go on a trip!

I'm really back and forth about whether I want a fifth vacation hood or a second shopping hood with main-hood hotels. The advantage to the shopping hood, I guess, is that Sims could BUY a lot of pineapples and papayas from local farmers. The shopping hood, though, will require more Sims to farm the plants, though some of my Uni students could go over there. But I haven't even filled my main hood or my shopping hood yet! There is plenty of room for lots. I'm making (and occasionally downloading, since I don't have time to make ALL of them!) as many as I can!

Sooo ... would you folks lean toward a fifth tropical vacation hood or a second shopping hood that happens to be tropical? I guess the shopping hood could be some sort of territory or something.

I would go with a Shopping 'hood, so that Sims could buy a lot of pineapples and papayas from the local Farmers. If I was going to do this I would have several Playables run some of the Farms

Forum Resident
#616 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 7:02 PM
I don't know how much of a "story dilemma" this is, but I want Andrew Martin and Cleo Shikibu from Riverblossom Hills marry, but I can't decide whose house they're going to live in. If they move in to Cleo's house, the Viejo house will be empty, and if they move in to the Viejo house, then Cloe's house will be empty. Which should they move in to?
Mad Poster
#617 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I don't know how much of a "story dilemma" this is, but I want Andrew Martin and Cleo Shikibu from Riverblossom Hills marry, but I can't decide whose house they're going to live in. If they move in to Cleo's house, the Viejo house will be empty, and if they move in to the Viejo house, then Cloe's house will be empty. Which should they move in to?

What's the Martin boy doing these days? Would he want to move back to the Viejo house after, say, college?

Because Andrew is not a particularly active sim, and I can't remember Cleo's points, and because Andrew already has an adult-or-near-adult child, depending on how long you've played him, and neither is a family sim and thus likely to want a huge mob more of children, I would say to go with the smaller house for purely practical reasons. Which one wants to clean that big Veijo house? Wouldn't they just rattle around wondering where the other had gotten off to half the time? The smaller house makes sense for them.

And here's a story dilemma for you all: Miss Harlow, the much younger sister of my legacy triplets, is about to head off to college. She's a Popularity sim. The Greek House placeholder is Orlando . . . um, Bertino, a Romance sim. I suspect there will be significant boltage between them: they've been best friends since forever (okay, since his freshman year--he's a sophomore now) because the triplets invited Harlow to all the toga parties and Orlando pretty much wanted to be friends with her when he moved in. He's working on a 20 loves LTW, she is most definitely not working on a 5 top businesses.

Her heir brother, Zuriel is home, married to Meadow (nee Thyer) and expecting a baby the moment I load their lot, so that's all right and fine, and Harlow's honestly looking forward to getting out from under the pressure of her elderly mom and very straight-laced brother's expectations of what her deceased father would've wanted her to do. The particular rules are the heir must be male, have the elf ears, and not get their first kiss until after they're married. Harlow is female, but does have the elf ears. So she wasn't eligible for heir, but if something happens to Zuriel before an eligible son shows up, then neither are her brothers and the family (me) would've had to decide which was most important.

Harlow's pretty much a gimme lover for Orlando. Should I let her get involved with him immediately on moving to college? And get her heart broken over and over again, like poor Chloe Gonzoga has by her Romance older brother Alan. She's seen the aftermath of Alan's behavior at every toga party, right down to fistfights between girlfriends, and she's not an unsensible sim, but then the heart is rarely sensible. Should I wait for Orlando to finish his LTW? Harlow'll go permaplat before graduating, probably around the time she gets her first kiss. But he kind of needs his LTW met to make permaplat, starting out played in college as he did.

Harlow will get played so the legacy kidlets have cousins. But if Orlando doesn't hook up with Harlow semi-permanently, he'll be townified again post-uni. Because I can only take so many active households if I'm going to actually finish a legacy. Orlando's turned out to be a surprisingly fun sim to play--as everyone freaks out at him naked-hot-tubing--look, honey, you just got naked with him in the hot tub, why are you freaking out that he didn't put a suit on after?! So my preference is kind of to let him stay with Harlow as a playable, but he does need to finish that LTW if he's going to, which means she's going to either have to wait or get her heart broken.

I'm looking at ten-twelve kids across generation two, which will hopefully be the maximum number of families in the neighborhood, as that's the last generation where there won't be second cousins who can marry each other. And that's plenty of families.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#618 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 10:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama

I think Cleo's house was a gift from her aunt, so depending on how you play her she might want to hold onto it for sentimental reasons.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
#619 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 3:23 PM
First, @sugoisama, I get the dilemma, and it's a valid one. On one hand, the Viejo house belongs to Andrew--I think Catherine and Betty moved in with Andrew's mother, which would make it his childhood home. On the other hand, Cleo's house holds just as much sentimental value. However, I'm leaning towards Cleo's simply because of the size. I've renovated it before and a couple could live very comfortably there, especially if they're more into the partying/entertaining lifestyle. Though the Viejo house could also be decked out for such a purpose and Cleo, unless she gets an unfortunate chance card, does well in her career with very little effort, IIRC, so they could afford it. Final verdict, I guess, if the couple isn't planning on too many more kids, Cleo's and, if there is really no one to inherit the Viejo house, I would use cheats to turn it into a community lot and deed it to Andrew, to pass down at a later date, perhaps to another relative.

@Sunbee, first I would decide if the legacy is following patriarchy rules. If so, Harlow would be last in the line of succession, ears or no, and even if she does become "heir" she might be more of a regent. I think that's what it's called when you're only temporarily in charge until the next heir comes of age. So Harlow might not be able to be heir but her sons could. So you have to decide what is priority in the line of sucession, ears or gender? Because, just because they don't have elf ears, doesn't mean her brothers can't have kids with elf ears, right? So who has higher rank, assuming both have elf ears--the grandson with a dad who has the highest birth order or the grandson with a mom who has elf ears? Answer that and you should be able to figure out how heirship would go if problems arise.

Now, as for Orlando, I'm usually all about letting romance sims fool around in college, but legacy house means legacy rules, imo. No one living there should be kissing until after marriage. Orlando would have to be content with flirting only. Harlow, if moving there, or considering a bid for heirship, would have to do the same. Storywise, it would probably be fun if Harlow founded the family sorority where no one followed the rules, but I guess that depends on how strongly you think she'd rebel in college.

As for whether you want to pair them, I would first put them together and see how they feel about each other, cuz maybe they both have other matches with higher chemistry. Then I would think about how deep into the spare stories I would want to go. Like maybe Orlando does pursue Harlow because he doesn't want to go back to that townie life and thinks he can pull one over on her, and get away with any affairs he has after marriage. Or maybe Harlow wants to have a fling before she settles down and gets married because as a popularity sim she wants to get out there and meet new people before she goes back home and follows her family's rules.

My extinct is to pair them up sometime in Orlando's senior year and let them have lots of relationship drama. Some affairs, break ups and make ups, temporary move outs, etc. Always nice to have alternate styles of play from the main legacy house for when things get dull.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#620 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 9:39 PM
Mata Dore insisted that her son, Steve, go to school while sick. It didn't end well. He's dead now.

Mata rolled a want to resurrect him, while Dr. Adam Splitter rolled a want to "make a zombie." Dr. Adam is friends with the neighbourhood's gravekeeper, who has a Resurrect-O-Nomitron. Should I have Dr. Adam (who is described in-game as a mad scientist) go behind Mata's back and resurrect Steve as a zombie?

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#621 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 10:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
He's dead now.

Jesus Christ, the bluntness of that statement I'm just sat here giggling to myself now.

Anyway, my story dilemma.
I normally keep Dustin and Angela together to do the 'baby mama kicked out' storyline, but this time, Dustin has cheated on Angie with Don's daughter (a townie that I made his daughter with SimPE because he's such a manwhore there's no way he's never slipped up before :giggler and she's pregnant.
Now, do I keep Dustin with his new baby-mama, make them live in the trailers as complete trash, or make him crawl his way up, or do I make him stay with Angie but see her and their unborn child(ren???) on the side? Or even make him dump them both for someone else, maybe a rich girl from Veronaville?

They're all teens, btw.
Top Secret Researcher
#622 Old 26th Jun 2018 at 10:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Mata Dore insisted that her son, Steve, go to school while sick. It didn't end well. He's dead now.

Mata rolled a want to resurrect him, while Dr. Adam Splitter rolled a want to "make a zombie." Dr. Adam is friends with the neighbourhood's gravekeeper, who has a Resurrect-O-Nomitron. Should I have Dr. Adam (who is described in-game as a mad scientist) go behind Mata's back and resurrect Steve as a zombie?

@Bulbizarre

Do they both have to go to the Neighbourhood's Gravekeeper and use the Resurrect-O-Nomitron there? If that is the case I would go with some kind of race to the object and roll % dice with some probability that they both arrive at the same time, other wise one or the other arrives alone.

I don't know if some sort of race is the right concept, it is the idea I came up with though. Let me know what you do please.

Mad Poster
#623 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 6:09 AM
Bulbizarre, how much does Dr. Adam care about Mata in your game? Does he care if she gets her son resurrected in good shape? Does he hate her? For me, he never likes Steve, but sometimes he is very curious about woohoo and ends up in a rather odd relationship with Mata.

didyouevenmakeasound Well, if you normally do the one story line, maybe it's time to try something different. I'd consider letting Angie have opportunity to catch Dustin with his other lover. Then she'd owe her dad a massive apology because he was right about Dustin, which isn't going to make her very happy . . .

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#624 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 7:33 PM
Dr. Adam did once roll a want to be friends with Mata, but it quickly rolled away. I think I'm playing him as though he has some form of Asperger's Syndrome or perhaps even Schizoid personality disorder. But I'm keeping it ambiguous.

Honestly, I can see him resurrecting Steve as a zombie and then not quite understanding why Mata is so upset with it - after all, he is alive, and there's a chance to do so much new research on this. I like that idea. I might use it.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#625 Old 2nd Jul 2018 at 4:56 AM
While Mata Dore was laid up in bed with a touch of illness, Dr. Adam Splitter called over the Gravekeeper and borrowed his Resurrect-O-Nomitron. After a bit of a mishap, he resurrected the teenager as a zombie. He didn't understand Mata's reaction - all the slapping, and shoving, and threatening to quit. After all, think of the biological research that could be done. And how docile he'd become, nothing like the little brat he was before. He told her to go ahead and quit- he hadn't even wanted an assistant.

Still, he hadn't expected to come back from work at the laboratories to find the second bedroom cleared out and a post-it note stuck on the door telling him not to contact her. He'd keep quiet for a little while, not tell the Foundation lest they find someone even more unqualified.

It was...lonely, though. Maybe he'd get a cat.

Page 25 of 48