Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 2:36 PM
Default I retrieved lost .sims3 and .backup files, the game won't recognize them
Here is the deal. I wanted to look for deleted save folders using a file recovery software, I found a .sims3 and .backup files (weird, not sims3.backup, but just .backup). I put them into the sims 3 saves, but nothing happened. Then I saw they are 1 KB size... Makes me wonder... what happened? I think somehow they were folders, but they turned into a file somehow? That is my only guess. What should I do, so I can play those lost saves?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 11:14 PM
I would have to say that whatever it was you recovered were not saved games but some other kinds of files or perhaps you managed to recover the enclosing folders alone (empty) but not their contents. You could try again, but it's not always possible to recover deleted files; there is always the possibility that the locations they took up on your hard drive have since been overwritten with other things.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 4:01 PM
Yeah... too bad :/ I experienced overwriting with other things and some files are damaged.