Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#376 Old 18th Jun 2011 at 9:48 PM
Why didn't you use Google as suggested earlier?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#377 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 2:26 AM
Default Jazz Editor
Attached is a screenshot of the Jazz editor that will be in the next TS3 Animator release. Please tell me what you think about it. Does it seem too complicated?

Just a comment on the below state machine:
Alternatively, I could have chosen not to make NotAnotherBite explicit, thereby causing Sims to puke their guts out throughout the pie eating, but instead, I chose just to have them do it at the end. In the script I am testing the state machine, the puking starts when the Sim exits due to ExitReasonFull. Even if the user cancels the interaction, I still go through the puke animation before exiting. No Sim can resist the urge to puke while devouring this extremely unhealthy pie (which is actually a toilet, created as a prop in the eat animation).

And no, the aforementioned object will not be released, as it is not a good example of my animating skills.
Screenshots

Error: Keyboard not attached. Press F1 to continue. - Windows XP Setup
Hey! It compiles! Ship it! - Microsoft
Love is Hate. War is Peace. Windows is stable. - 1984 (sort of)
Test Subject
#378 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by rothn
...I would recommend re-installing Windows XP. Then just install .NET Framework 4 and TS3, and it should work...

May I also format my HD ?

As expected, it was only a antivirus/firewall issue, after adding it to the trusted apps it starts to work. (KIS2010)

The extracted animations are correct, the import work flawlessly and it produces a perfect rigged mesh to be animated. Good job !

But where are the IKs and events from the previous version ? It would be very interesting a practical way to edit this settings to get a more advanced animation level.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#379 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:35 PM
Uh... Yeah... About those IK / event tools... The good news is that internally the IK chains and events are stored in a way that is clearer and easier-to-access than ever. The bad news is that I lost the code for the old UI, and decided to finish up the jazz editor before re-doing the UI. Does anybody even care about the jazz editor anymore?

Forum Resident
#380 Old 19th Jun 2011 at 7:53 PM
Of course we care about the jazz editor! It's the glue that holds the animations
together. I am very much looking forward to *not* having to type/paste all
those 'unknown' values. When you finish the UI, I plan to animate a blonde
jumping out of a cake for you. :lovestruc
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#381 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 7:35 AM
In very early testing, I realized that I had forgotten to add export functionality to my jazz editor. It will still be finished, just tomorrow.

Alchemist
#382 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 1:52 PM
Uh... Yeah... About those IK / event tools... The good news is that internally the IK chains and events are stored in a way that is clearer and easier-to-access than ever. The bad news is that I lost the code for the old UI, and decided to finish up the jazz editor before re-doing the UI. Does anybody even care about the jazz editor anymore?
Jazz editor = much needed
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#383 Old 22nd Jun 2011 at 8:19 AM
Almost done, trying to make the UI more stable...

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#384 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 3:49 AM Last edited by rothn : 6th Jul 2011 at 10:03 PM.
Default TS3 Animator 4 gets Jazz Script editor
PRESENTING...
TS3 Animator 4
With JAZZ EDITOR
After a week of hard work, a new version of TS3 Animator has come out sporting the following added functionality:
-----The ability to export to .package files
-----A graphical jazz script editor which is seamlessly integrated with existing functionality

Both the jazz editor and the animation importer/exporter have been thoroughly tested. I know first-hand that TS3 Animator works, and am officially releasing the first RELEASE build of TS3 Animator 4. As always, you will need to copy the granny2.dll file from the WorldBuilder directory in Program Files. Note that due to the fact that the latest WorldBuilder builds no longer come with granny2.dll TS3 Animator now requires the granny2.dll file from the Granny Crowd Scene Demo. Below are some important notes pertaining to the operation of TS3 Animator's new features:

General Notes:
  • When working with animations that have undocumented features, it is important to export that clip to a SMD and then import that SMD back into TS3 Animator before exporting or saving the animation, as doing this removes any unwanted extraneous data that EA may have stuck in the animation's frame data.
  • Clicking on File->Export will export all currently open tabs to a .package file of your choosing. Note that if that package file already exists, items will merely be added to it or replaced, and the existing name map (seen as "_KEY" in S3PE) will be merged with the one generated by TS3 Animator.
  • While clicking File->Save with an Animation tab selected will save the animation to a standard TS3 animation, doing that with a Jazz Script tab selected will not do so. It will instead save the selected jazz script in my own format, which is the only format of jazz script that TS3 Animator can open. This brings me to my next point:
  • TS3 Animator can only open the jazz scripts that it saves in the .sacs format. It cannot open compiled jazz scripts once they are exported. For that, I would recommend a low-level tool like SmoothJazz.
Jazz Editor Specifics:
  • To add a node, drag one of the circles on the right of the Jazz Editor interface to the big white space in the center of your screen.
  • To connect two nodes, click on one of the very small circles on the parent node, and, keeping the left mouse button held down, move the mouse to the node that you wish to make the connection with. Then, release the left mouse button. Note that only certain types of nodes can be connected. See figure 1 for more information.
  • To delete a node, move your mouse over it and right-click.
  • To delete a connection between nodes, move your mouse over one of the connections (visible as lines) until the line becomes emboldened. Then, right-click.
  • To pan left, right, up, or down, simply move your mouse to the leftmost, rightmost, topmost, or bottom-most edge, respectively, of the aforementioned big white space and make small circular motions with the mouse.
  • The only field that can be left blank is the Track Mask field in the Animation node. Other than that, all fields must have some valid data in them.
  • A ChoiceNode has only one field. If a ChoiceNode is connected to a RandomNode, a floating-point value from 0.0 to 1.0 which is the weight of that choice (1.0 is default) must be entered into the ChoiceNode's text box. Otherwise, if a ChoiceNode is connected to a SelectOnParameterNode, it must contain the value that the parameter connected to the SelectOnParameterNode must contain in order for the ChoiceNode to be executed.
Rig / RSLT Editor Specifics:
  • The Rig exporter is tested.
  • The RSLT exporter is not.

To put an end to this triumphant post, I would like to formally appeal to have TS3 Animator put back into the Downloads section. It works flawlessly, and I believe that it is 100% free of bugs that could possibly cripple its functionality.

Figure 1: Node-Node Connections
Gray connector .............................................................................. Anything except for ActorDefinition, ParameterDefinition, and ChoiceNode
Red connector ............................................................................... ChoiceNode
Blue connector .............................................................................. ChoiceNode
Green connector ............................................................................ ActorDefinition
Purple connector ............................................................................ ParameterDefinition
Attached files:
File Type: zip  TS3 Animator.zip (184.3 KB, 23 downloads) - View custom content

Forum Resident
#385 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 4:01 AM
Where? Where?!?
#386 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 8:29 AM
Ah! Do we have lift-off?

BTW, if you used s3pi and you have decided to comply with the licence requirements, you must also make it clear with the distribution how your source code may be obtained. You should include some sort of readme with the zip, containing that information.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#387 Old 24th Jun 2011 at 9:23 AM
Ah, there it is! Just in time to test it over the weekend. Now, I wonder what would be a good
object to derive a very large cake from? :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#388 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 6:34 PM
Actually, the version that I uploaded in it DOES have a bug in it.

Remember when I said
Quote:
I have tried for a while to reproduce this bug, but cannot do so without opening files saved by the previous testing builds of TS3 Animator. Therefore, having tested it considerably, I know first-hand that TS3 Animator works

I have fixed that bug and several others. Don't go about creating state machines just yet, as the save files may be incompatible. I will upload another version as soon as I am done with the new CLIP editor UI.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#389 Old 28th Jun 2011 at 11:42 PM Last edited by rothn : 29th Jun 2011 at 1:31 AM.
OK, TS3 Animator is good to go now. Please download it again, as I have added features and fixed bugs.

Note that if you really want to see the source, you can PM me at MTS. Note that certain dlls such as the Jazz editor and the rig editor do not directly use the s3pi assemblies, so, even if this violates some weird open source agreement, I will not provide that code. Should Peter request that I provide source for these, TS3 Animator will be taken down from the MTS site, but a version which has been integrated with the TSR Workshop which does not use s3pi will still become available from TSR.

#390 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 7:30 AM
Oh a TSRW version? Excellent, we'll look forward to it

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#391 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 6:15 PM
Please, let the bug reports pour in, before I try to request that this be put in the Downloads section...

Test Subject
#392 Old 29th Jun 2011 at 6:32 PM
I'm certainly too dumb, but I can't find any file named granny2.dll inside the Create A World directory.
I've just downloaded the latest version from www.thesims3.com. Perhaps I need an older version of the tool ?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#393 Old 30th Jun 2011 at 3:43 AM Last edited by rothn : 5th Jul 2011 at 4:52 AM.
You're right! In the next release, TS3 Animator will use the granny2.dll from the Granny Crowd Scene Demo. Until then, just sit tight and don't use the export mesh feature! If you don't use that, you should be good, I think. Otherwise, the state machine editor should still work. You can tell if something needs granny2.dll if TS3 Animator crashes.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#394 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 4:53 AM
How do I get this moved to Downloads? Someone answer me!!!

#395 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 7:43 AM
Maybe it would be best if you resubmitted it to the queue. After all, it has been under so many changes since you posted the top post, that most of the thread would be irrelevant for users to read. So IMHO a brand new thread introducing it would be best.

But before launching it as a Sims3 modding tool, does it now create usable new custom game content?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#396 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 8:28 PM
Yes. In fact, I am in the process of creating an animated restaurant podium with it. TS3 Animator is creating the animation, state machine, rig, and the rslt. TSRW is doing the mesh and texturing, and I am doing the scripting. Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to create a prop that the CreatePropNode likes. So far, the game seems to know what I want to make, but the menu prop won't parent to slots like it should.

Field Researcher
#397 Old 5th Jul 2011 at 8:30 PM
This right here will soon change everything!!! omg i can't wait to work with this tool.... so many projects have i put on hold for better animations!

I'd like to build a world, a better world.
Guess I'll start here...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#398 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 1:45 AM
Do you guys want to wait for me to finish my restaurant podium system, or should I just release TS3 Animator now?

Eminence Grise
#399 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 1:49 AM
How do I get this moved to Downloads? Someone answer me!!!

The way to communicate directly with the queue mods is to post in the Creator Issues forum: http://www.modthesims.info/fd.php?f=492

First though you might want to reference the post HP made when she moved the thread in here (post 189):

Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
It might be worth doing a new upload thread after you have some testers on the new version, simply to start all fresh and new. Good luck! I'm excited to see what shinies people are able to make with your stuff.

From that, I would assume the queue mods will be looking for a) a new upload thread, and b) some evidence that the version you upload has been successfully tested by other modders.

Note: I am not currently an active mod, so this advice has no official status Creator Issues is the place to go for official guidance.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#400 Old 6th Jul 2011 at 8:49 PM
There have been 21 downloads, and nobody has reported a bug this time. I'd say that's evidence enough.
Short after the next build of TS3 Animator, I will upload a video tutorial to YouTube showing how to use The Sims Resource Workshop, S3PE, TS3 Animator, and Visual C# 2010 Express Edition to create an animated disembodied head object by cloning a flower pot in S3OC. I might even have his eyes and mouth light up, but I don't know quite yet...

Combined, those should be evidence enough that it works.

Page 16 of 17