Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 6:13 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Changing custom content type
Hey, I got a little problem with some CC and wondering if there's a way to 'fix' some of it by changing it's type somehow but I got 0 clue if it's possible or how to do it.

I'm in the process of sorting all my mods (over 4k of them) and I noticed some stuff is shown as the wrong type, mainly haircolors shown as slothing instead, even tho they're a part of a full set, for example "[Emilia]SkySims 035 Retextures - pipebomb and ritsuko" show up as clothes in Sims2Pack Clean Installer and don't show up in game at all in either category.
So I'm lost
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 6:28 PM
Do you have a link to some of the items that shows up wrong? Could take a look.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Do you have a link to some of the items that shows up wrong? Could take a look.

It's from this site: http://www.mybsims.net/t10355-skysims-035-retextures?highlight=skysims+35
Or direct Mediafire link if you don't have an account: http://www.mediafire.com/file/44vs9ub9sm08ii3/%5BEmilia%5DSkySims%20035%20Retextures.rar
Mad Poster
#4 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 7:08 PM
Pipebomb and ritsuko are grey recolors, and only shows for elders (other ages are removed). It's psosible the way they're binned makes them show up with the wrong text in Clean Installer, but they have all the inner workings of being hair recolors.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 7:23 PM
That's so weird, I don't see it in my game at all but I wouldn't be surprised if my game was corrupted.
It kept crashing a lot so I decided to finaly sort my mods; had a ton of unknown and incomplete mods, will probably reinstall it once I finish testing all mods, might take lke 1-3 days more tho...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 11:37 PM
Only reinstall if your install files are corrupt, otherwise, you are giving yourself work for nothing. Plus if you uninstall and you get some pieces of file left behind you are setting yourself up for issues and then would need to clean registry keys. Reinstalling should be your last ever option.

Most problems are under Document files not Install files.

Rename your sims 2 folders, run your game so it makes you a second The Sims 2 folder. How does it look and play? If it is good it is not your install.
Then make that new folder a Download folder and install the content. Does it show up-perhaps it's borked content? Take it out and try some other content and see how that looks.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 11:55 PM
Have you looked under the grey hairs, either under binned or custom?

If files come up as "incomplete Bodyshop projects" in the CI, there's a chance it's a Project file instead of a regular package file (Project files don't show ingame or in Bodyshop, only in the Project by the original creator). Default replacements and some slaved/repositoried clothing sometimes also shows up as "incomplete Bodyshop Projects", though.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 9:41 PM
@joandsarah77 - I did a lot of testing these past 2 weeks and I'm fairly certain I'd need to reinstal, my game crashes after like 15-30min on comm lots no matter what I do, went through all the troubleshooting I cound find on google and this site, except uninstalling and clearing registry.
The thing is, it ONLY crashes on community lots, never on residental lots no matter how big my house/family is or how long I play (left game on all night a few times), doesn't matter if I have mods or not.
So I tried deleting all the Sims 2 documens and let the game make new documens, neighbourhoods and community lots, still crashing on community lots.

@simmer22 - Yeah I did, I found it nowhere in CAS or even in the bodyshop app.
I finished sorting all my mods now, removing everything I didn't manage to find so all Incomplete, Unknown or Default replacements are removed.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 10:54 PM
I put in all the hairs from the set linked above. There's 6 in each binned category (24) showing for toddler through adult, and two in the grey bin for elders only, so all 26 hairs are showing for me. Are you sure you put in the mesh?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2018 at 10:19 PM
@simmer22 - Sorry for the late reply. Yes I did have the mesh in, I had the whole set in in fact as well and it didn't show up.

I took the time to reinstall and clean the game's registry, generating brand new neighbourhoods took ages.
It shows up in my game now so my game files must've been borked, all the mods I kept and sorted now seem to work fine as well, will have to see if I'll crash on community lots again or not but don't have time for testing atm.