Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 1:38 PM
Default So about this Urbz 2 thing....
Is this still in development? (I didn't want to bump the threads, so I made a new one.) Like, are you guys still working on it? If so, I would love to help (if you need it)! But if not, I'll at least add my ideas for it...
I know...
Ideas that require an experienced modder:
-Each district could be set as a secret lot, with direct links to the AL reputation thingy to get invites
(To do that you would HAVE to start with one district for every time you play in order to make it work)
-Making custom wants and fears related more to reputation and renaming them to "Influence and Sanity" or something
-Renaming "Aspiration" to "Sanity"
-Replacing the music
-Replacing the loading screens and UI
-Custom Memories
-Custom NPCs
-Removing normal jobs and adding in more hobby type jobs (like the pottery, sewing, etc)
-Clothing conversions (just not all, we can make new meshes, it's a new Urbz after all!)
-Remaking characters
-Custom face templates (for the cartoony style from the original Urbz)
-New actions
-New objects
-New logo
I LOVE the Urbz, and I really hope that you guys are still working on making a sequel-type thing!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 11:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RevengeKitty
Is this still in development? (I didn't want to bump the threads, so I made a new one.) Like, are you guys still working on it? If so, I would love to help (if you need it)! But if not, I'll at least add my ideas for it...
I know...
Ideas that require an experienced modder:
-Each district could be set as a secret lot, with direct links to the AL reputation thingy to get invites
(To do that you would HAVE to start with one district for every time you play in order to make it work)
-Making custom wants and fears related more to reputation and renaming them to "Influence and Sanity" or something
-Renaming "Aspiration" to "Sanity"
-Replacing the music
-Replacing the loading screens and UI
-Custom Memories
-Custom NPCs
-Removing normal jobs and adding in more hobby type jobs (like the pottery, sewing, etc)
-Clothing conversions (just not all, we can make new meshes, it's a new Urbz after all!)
-Remaking characters
-Custom face templates (for the cartoony style from the original Urbz)
-New actions
-New objects
-New logo
I LOVE the Urbz, and I really hope that you guys are still working on making a sequel-type thing!

Praise the lord! I've been waiting for someone to bring that topic up again! I hope The Urbz 2 happens!

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2015 at 1:19 PM
Wait, is there an Urbz 2 project going on? Can you link it?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Feb 2015 at 6:33 PM Last edited by RevengeKitty : 5th Feb 2015 at 6:48 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by moveobjects
Wait, is there an Urbz 2 project going on? Can you link it?

It's a thing that people were working on, such as residenteviloutbreak , but I haven't seen posts for it in a long time
Edit: Should we try to round up some creators and start this project?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RevengeKitty
It's a thing that people were working on, such as residenteviloutbreak , but I haven't seen posts for it in a long time
Edit: Should we try to round up some creators and start this project?

If they quit and you want to start it, I could make the sims???

(\__/)
(='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(")signature to help him gain world domination.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th Feb 2015 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Just_Tweens
If they quit and you want to start it, I could make the sims???

Sure! Make them cartoony like the old Urbz, but a little more modern.
Yayyy! I'm excited!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 15th Feb 2015 at 12:38 AM
Well, we could do it... We would have to get some experienced modders, though...
Forum Resident
#8 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 3:17 AM
Update:

It IS being worked on. Slowly. I'll let you know eventually...
Just so you know, TU2 (The Urbz 2) will ONLY require The Sims 3, Late Night and latest update out of the box. It will not need anything else. I've been actively working on this project for a long time. I would estimate completion at about 50% now. All urbz are recreated, many locations are done, etc. I am doing some scripts for the game with help of another MTS user for some power social like actions.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Oct 2015 at 3:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by residenteviloutbreak
Update:

It IS being worked on. Slowly. I'll let you know eventually...
Just so you know, TU2 (The Urbz 2) will ONLY require The Sims 3, Late Night and latest update out of the box. It will not need anything else. I've been actively working on this project for a long time. I would estimate completion at about 50% now. All urbz are recreated, many locations are done, etc. I am doing some scripts for the game with help of another MTS user for some power social like actions.

Interesting! How are the social scripts going to work?

I hope they can also work with other city worlds as well
Test Subject
#10 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 1:21 AM
I absolutely loved Urbz. I still have it for GameCube haha. I have been kinda busy with finals week and everything, and unfortunately I have no experience in modding, but if I can help with anything, such as creating characters (or even designing clothes or coming with ideas for modders to work on) I'd love to help. It would bring me endless joy to be able to play a newer and perhaps more updated version of the game!
Instructor
#11 Old 9th May 2016 at 5:27 PM
Sorry to bump this old thread, but is anyone still working on this? I'd love to help with lots and such!

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 17th May 2016 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BritannicStepanova
Sorry to bump this old thread, but is anyone still working on this? I'd love to help with lots and such!

I'm not sure, I haven't done much for the project other than a UI change at this point, and it isn't drastic but if we could get more people in on it I'd love to!
Instructor
#13 Old 19th May 2016 at 2:50 AM
The UI change sounds interesting!

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 10:18 AM
I'd like to help, if this is still a thing
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 21st Jun 2016 at 9:25 PM
I'd like to help as well. I know how to do meshes and basic object texturing, and am an experienced builder. I would just need the map of the districts (I intend to do do them quite detailed), if this is still a thing, though.
Test Subject
#16 Old 12th Mar 2017 at 4:17 AM
sounds awesome I loved the URBZ