Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 2:56 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Sims3Launcher.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close
Hello, it's me again. I am always seeming to have some sort of error when I try to play TS3. Almost tempted to go back to playing TS2. Anyway, I finally got TS4 to play on my PC with no problems. So I go out and buy WA. Well, after it installed it patched and when I clicked to play it wont play at all. It opens up the launcher and then I hit the play arrow and then it crashes and It says:

Sims3Launcher.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. I send in an error report to Microsoft and I never get any feedback or anything about what is going on. Please help.
Screenshots
Advertisement
In the Arena
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 3:07 PM
So, you no longer get the error in your other thread?
I'm thinking it is the same issue, and we can merge your posts..

ps: unless this post is from the future since you're playing TS4 and all...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 11:34 AM
LMAO! Oops typo. I meant to type TS3. But anyway, no it was on two different computers, one my PC the other my laptop. My other post was locked, which I think is odd, since the thread I made a long time ago was archived, and instead of deleting that old one and keeping the new one. . . the new post was locked. Makes no sense to me since the new post had more views and more responses to try and help me with my problem, but whatever. I just did a huge over haul on my PC, including new hard drive and new video card and the game plays fine on it now.

But still I have the issue with my laptop, and since that thread was locked, as I mentioned before. So now I'm just not sure what to do. Did up the old one from the archive and hope someone pays attention to me this time or don't even try to post again for fear of it being locked.
In the Arena
retired moderator
#4 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lobstergirl
But anyway, no it was on two different computers, one my PC the other my laptop.
Ah! but we didn't know that, did we? This fact wasn't ever mentioned before. We didn't see different specs posted for a PC, after all.

Quote:
My other post was locked, which I think is odd, since the thread I made a long time ago was archived, and instead of deleting that old one and keeping the new one. . . the new post was locked.
Opened threads with no new responses are Archived after 2 weeks automatically by a script. Since we don't allow duplicate threads, one does need to be locked, as the issue appears to be related (ie to do with the Launcher).

Quote:
I just did a huge over haul on my PC, including new hard drive and new video card and the game plays fine on it now.

But still I have the issue with my laptop, and since that thread was locked, as I mentioned before.
Seems that the only solution to Launcher errors is a reinstall: Game_Help:TS3_Uninstallwiki. Let us know if the Service Init error goes away on a clean reinstall..on the laptop, too.