Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 1:40 AM Last edited by Rarr : 7th Dec 2017 at 3:14 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Skintone on head doesn't match body
The skin tone on my adult females in CAS with skin tone 1 has a dark face and normal body. I have removed my downloads and it didn't help. The glitch stays when I save them and play them on a lot. I have the Super collection for Mac. It only applies to adult females, only with skin 1.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 1:48 AM
Do you have any default replacement skins? Sometimes that happens with new DRs and has to be fixed by change appearance at the mirror.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 1:49 AM
After removing your downloads did you try the bat box, remove tan burn? or change appearance at the mirror? and did you delete the cache files? Sometimes an issue might be resolved but doesn't show that its resolved, sometimes you need to force it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 6:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
After removing your downloads did you try the bat box, remove tan burn? or change appearance at the mirror? and did you delete the cache files? Sometimes an issue might be resolved but doesn't show that its resolved, sometimes you need to force it.

I tried all of those just now, with no avail. I'm not sure if I mentioned this, but it only happens to new sims I create in CAS. No other ones are affected. I can put up a screenshot If that's helpful
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Dec 2017 at 9:45 PM
Did you check your saved sims folder in case some cc is lurking in there? If you removed all your cc went in and changed appearance it can't be CC unless it's in the saved sims folder.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 12:31 AM
Did you check your saved sims folder in case some cc is lurking in there? If you removed all your cc went in and changed appearance it can't be CC unless it's in the saved sims folder.

Where is the saved sims folder? I looked for it earlier but I couldn't find it. I've never downloaded or saved a sim, though.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rarr
Where is the saved sims folder? I looked for it earlier but I couldn't find it. I've never downloaded or saved a sim, though.

If you have The Sims 2: Super Collection like I do then it is Located here:
~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/SavedSims

That is assuming that the folder exists of course.

Edit: asking the others that are trying to help...Could it be something in Collections?

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 2:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
If you have The Sims 2: Super Collection like I do then it is Located here:
~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2/SavedSims

That is assuming that the folder exists of course.

Edit: asking the others that are trying to help...Could it be something in Collections?

that's where I had been looking before I just looked again and I don't have that folder.
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 6:54 PM
that's where I had been looking before I just looked again and I don't have that folder.

The cause must be some stray file some place or one of the cache files, the trick is to find it.

OK you looked inside The Sims 2 folder and there is no SavedSims folder, and your Downloads folder inside The Sims 2 folder is empty, yes?

Then check to see if you have a Collections folder there inside The Sims 2 folder and look to see if there is anything in that folder.

Then Make sure that you have moved these files to the desktop or the trash: Groups.cache, cigen.package, Accessory.cache and then have ran the game before you check to see if you have the problem still.
{the game will regenerate them when you start the game, to be safe you can move them to the desktop}

cigen.package is used by BodyShop, but it does not hurt to be complete.

Then make sure to use the mirror and try to change the Sim's appearance.

Double check every thing and you should find the culprit some place.

There are only so many places that the game loads files from and they are all in side The Sims 2 folder.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 8:13 PM
The cause must be some stray file some place or one of the cache files, the trick is to find it.

OK you looked inside The Sims 2 folder and there is no SavedSims folder, and your Downloads folder inside The Sims 2 folder is empty, yes?

Then check to see if you have a Collections folder there inside The Sims 2 folder and look to see if there is anything in that folder.

Then Make sure that you have moved these files to the desktop or the trash: Groups.cache, cigen.package, Accessory.cache and then have ran the game before you check to see if you have the problem still.
{the game will regenerate them when you start the game, to be safe you can move them to the desktop}

cigen.package is used by BodyShop, but it does not hurt to be complete.

Then make sure to use the mirror and try to change the Sim's appearance.

Double check every thing and you should find the culprit some place.

There are only so many places that the game loads files from and they are all in side The Sims 2 folder.

what am I looking for inside the collections folder? I have already tried deleting the accessories, cigen, and groups files with no luck.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 9:41 PM
Force the game to make another folder-PS sorry I didn't realize that you are on a Mac and I know zilch about them. But you should still be able to rename your sims 2 folder and run the game which forces it to make you a new second folder. Once that is done check the skin tone of your sims in there. The game only reads the folder called 'The Sims 2'.

If you don't have a Saved Sims folder that is fine, you have probably never generated or made one so no cc would be lurking in there since it doesn't exist.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 10:22 PM
Force the game to make another folder-PS sorry I didn't realize that you are on a Mac and I know zilch about them. But you should still be able to rename your sims 2 folder and run the game which forces it to make you a new second folder. Once that is done check the skin tone of your sims in there. The game only reads the folder called 'The Sims 2'.

If you don't have a Saved Sims folder that is fine, you have probably never generated or made one so no cc would be lurking in there since it doesn't exist.

The new folder didn't help. I remember I messed with some files trying to install a vacation destination a while ago... I don't think it ever ended up working for me but I removed those files. Do I need a new install?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#13 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 1:13 AM
So problem persisted in the new folder without cc? It is sounding like something is wrong in your install. I think in first post you mean the Super Collection, it was seeing Ultimate Collection that threw me off. The UC is for window users. If indeed you do have the UC on a partition you can go into Origin right click on the game and select fix.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 3:15 AM
So problem persisted in the new folder without cc? It is sounding like something is wrong in your install. I think in first post you mean the Super Collection, it was seeing Ultimate Collection that threw me off. The UC is for window users. If indeed you do have the UC on a partition you can go into Origin right click on the game and select fix.

Yes, it persisted. Whoops, yes I do mean super collection! I just did a clean install and. The problem STILL happens. I deleted the app and redownloaded it from the app store. What could possibly be wrong now?
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 3:01 PM
Yes, it persisted. Whoops, yes I do mean super collection! I just did a clean install and. The problem STILL happens. I deleted the app and redownloaded it from the app store. What could possibly be wrong now?

I wanted to know if there were any files in the Collections folder.

OK You redownloaded the game, then started from scratch and let the game make a new The Sims 2 folder?

If so, I can only think it might be something with your Preferences settings for the game.

You can delete the settings file by going to ~/Library/Preferences and deleting this file "com.aspyr.TheSims2.plist".

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 9:49 PM
This is without content and from scratch? It is sounding like something else going on with your computer, hopefully doing the suggestion above works as I am out of ideas.

~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 12:09 AM
I wanted to know if there were any files in the Collections folder.

OK You redownloaded the game, then started from scratch and let the game make a new The Sims 2 folder?

If so, I can only think it might be something with your Preferences settings for the game.

You can delete the settings file by going to ~/Library/Preferences and deleting this file "com.aspyr.TheSims2.plist".

Yes. This is what I did: Delete the Sims 2 Super Collection app. Download the app from the app store. Opened the game, made a new character and saw the same glitch.

I don't see a preferences file by that name. I only see something called com.aspyr.sims2.util.bodyshop.qa.plist and com.aspyr.sims2.util.packageinstaller.qa.plist

This is without content and from scratch? It is sounding like something else going on with your computer, hopefully doing the suggestion above works as I am out of ideas.

Yes, it's from scratch. I'm not sure what's going on as there's definitely enough space, the graphics have always worked fine except for a few weird blue line things, and obviously it's a supported game and all since I got it through the Mac app store.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 12:35 AM
Does your computer have a search function on it? Maybe try pasting the file into that and seeing if it shows up.

~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 5:30 AM
Yes. This is what I did: Delete the Sims 2 Super Collection app. Download the app from the app store. Opened the game, made a new character and saw the same glitch.

I don't see a preferences file by that name. I only see something called com.aspyr.sims2.util.bodyshop.qa.plist and com.aspyr.sims2.util.packageinstaller.qa.plist

Yes, it's from scratch. I'm not sure what's going on as there's definitely enough space, the graphics have always worked fine except for a few weird blue line things, and obviously it's a supported game and all since I got it through the Mac app store.

com.aspyr.sims2.util.bodyshop.qa.plist would be the preferences for "The Sims 2™: Body Shop.app"

com.aspyr.sims2.util.packageinstaller.qa.plist would be the preferences for "The Sims™ 2: Package Installer.app"

The easiest way to find the file is to go to the Finder -> Top of the Screen -> find the Go menu then -> Go to Folder then in the box type this: ~/Library/Preferences/com.aspyr.TheSims2.plist

Easiest is to Copy the entire path including the ~ character {which stands for the name of your hardrive/your user name} and then paste it into the box. Your Mac should then be showing you the file. Note: that there are two different folders called Library and they are not the same.

If nothing is working I really don't know. I have The Sims 2: Super Collection and I have never had this problem. Have you contacted Aspyr? It won't hurt to email them, they might be able to think of something that we have not thought of. Aspyr does offer support for The Sims 2: Super Collection.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 2:03 PM Last edited by Rarr : 8th Dec 2017 at 2:14 PM.
edit- I fixed the typo I had, but it searches and doesn't come up with anything. It doesn't give an error, it just closes the search box and goes back to the normal fine window. I just contacted Aspyr, hopefully they know what to do. I'd been having a few other graphical glitches before, but it wasn't too annoying to me.

AH Aspyr is aware of the issue! It has something to do with the update to the MAC High Sierra OS. They've recorded it here

All this time, and a reinstallation and I never did anything wrong.
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 3:13 PM
edit- I fixed the typo I had, but it searches and doesn't come up with anything. It doesn't give an error, it just closes the search box and goes back to the normal fine window. I just contacted Aspyr, hopefully they know what to do. I'd been having a few other graphical glitches before, but it wasn't too annoying to me.

AH Aspyr is aware of the issue! It has something to do with the update to the MAC High Sierra OS. They've recorded it here

All this time, and a reinstallation and I never did anything wrong.

Well sometimes it does pay to check with Aspyr. Good thing I have El Capitan I guess.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#22 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 3:16 PM
Well sometimes it does pay to check with Aspyr. Good thing I have El Capitan I guess.

Do you by chance know how to get it to recognize my old folder? It keeps creating a new one.

I learned my lesson at least I saved my old sims 2 folder! I assumed it was my fault since I had been experiencing some other strange graphics things, never even thought to check with Aspyr first. Ah well, at least its kind of solved now.
Top Secret Researcher
#23 Old 8th Dec 2017 at 3:51 PM
Do you by chance know how to get it to recognize my old folder? It keeps creating a new one.

I learned my lesson at least I saved my old sims 2 folder! I assumed it was my fault since I had been experiencing some other strange graphics things, never even thought to check with Aspyr first. Ah well, at least its kind of solved now.

If you remove any new The Sims 2 Folder in the path ~/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.sims2.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Aspyr/The Sims 2 and then place your old folder in that path it should work. You MUST make sure to name your old folder correctly, it needs to be named "The Sims 2", with no quotes. I do this ever so often when I want to use one of my backups.

Basically just make sure that you are in the Aspyr folder and remove the folder "The Sims 2" and replace it with your Old folder named "The Sims 2", and that should work fine, and I know it works for me as that is how I do it. Just make sure to name the folder correctly.