Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 9:27 AM
Default What Do I Do With Part Mask/Overlay???
So I'm editing a skirt for practice, and I've hit a snag. I'm using TSR Workshop (but no longer opposed to CTU). I have my custom multiplier, mask, and clothing specular file all loaded, but I don't know what to do with part mask, overlay, and clothing ambient. Here's a screen shot of what I have to make life easier.

I've circled the things I have no idea what to do with in red. If anyone can point me in the right direction or in the direction of a tutorial that explains what to do with these, I'd be forever grateful.

Again, I can use CTU, but TSR Workshop shows the nice pictures of what I'm talking about on the right so you all see what I see.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 10:02 AM
You can ignore the part mask. It has no ingame effect, and only shows you, what texture area a (in this case bottom) mesh can/should use.

Overlay will be overlaid over the whole texture at the end and can't be recolored, you can paint things like buttons, zippers, unrecolorable belts, etc. on it.

Clothing ambient should be left white. Darkening it probably makes the texture darker, but it doesn't seem to have a purpose, is not used in EA's clothing, and it's not supported by the CTU preview.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2009 at 10:25 AM
Thank you jonha! You rock! I just tested the skirt in the game and holy cow I actually made something that works! lol!